First time at Boardwalk

Beachmouse1

Original Poster
So we just arrived for our first day at Boardwalk. Honestly I never had any interest in staying here. The theme just wasn’t my thing. plus we saw a lot of negative remarks on Facebook groups and another board. Well our first day here and we love it. As I said I only ever saw the Boardwalk from the front and now that we are here what a different view. First of all we are on the hotel side and we got a garden view room and the room is huge. I don’t know if it’s our room location and that’s why it’s so big but a great size. The pool was nice and I actually like it almost as much as the beach club pool. Great gym and lots of eating choice nearby. i never knew the back of the resort was so nice and peaceful. Location is awesome. I’m a fan now!
plus the beach club prices out usually much better than Yacht and Beach when paying cash and in my new opinion every bit as good. Such a fun vibe. We are actually trying to switch a DVC stay from Beach Club to Boardwalk

Supertech65

I just stay there in October (dvc, deluxe studio) I loved the location and the vibe that's there but if you're thinking about switching, I would wait until the rooms are fully refurbished. The dvc studio room we were in was pretty run down. Dirty rugs, stain on the couch (which we had to use as the secondary bed), broken cabinets and broken bathroom fixtures😢. They are coming up on their refurbishment so I'm sure the rooms will look nice but we decided to book the Polynesian for next Sept since the rooms are all newly updated.

HouCuseChickie

I love BW and the common areas (especially that deck/patio area with the wicker furniture) is one of my favorite relaxation spots on property, but I have to agree with @Supertech65 on the DVC rooms. We haven't stayed at BWV since 2021, but based on the Disney website, the rooms are still the same since our last stay. We had a 1-bedroom villa and there was quite a bit that was showing wear, age in design style, or just overall falling apart. We had a few safety concerns with some of the damage (pins falling out of door locks, vent/fan over tub coming out of ceiling, cracks in glass tops of balcony tables) and some of it just made me feel like I was in a cheap old apartment (heavily rust damaged fridge with a cheap poorly done paint job to hide it)...but it was still livable. I just wanted more than livable for the price.

Beachmouse1

Original Poster
I just stay there in October (dvc, deluxe studio) I loved the location and the vibe that's there but if you're thinking about switching, I would wait until the rooms are fully refurbished. The dvc studio room we were in was pretty run down. Dirty rugs, stain on the couch (which we had to use as the secondary bed), broken cabinets and broken bathroom fixtures😢. They are coming up on their refurbishment so I'm sure the rooms will look nice but we decided to book the Polynesian for next Sept since the rooms are all newly updated.
Oh ok maybe that’s what I was reading about because we are on the hotel side now and it’s really nice. I guess they take care of the hotels better than us DVC owners LOL

Beachmouse1

Original Poster
I love BW and the common areas (especially that deck/patio area with the wicker furniture) is one of my favorite relaxation spots on property, but I have to agree with @Supertech65 on the DVC rooms. We haven't stayed at BWV since 2021, but based on the Disney website, the rooms are still the same since our last stay. We had a 1-bedroom villa and there was quite a bit that was showing wear, age in design style, or just overall falling apart. We had a few safety concerns with some of the damage (pins falling out of door locks, vent/fan over tub coming out of ceiling, cracks in glass tops of balcony tables) and some of it just made me feel like I was in a cheap old apartment (heavily rust damaged fridge with a cheap poorly done paint job to hide it)...but it was still livable. I just wanted more than livable for the price.
Yes as I just replied earlier we are on the hotel side and it’s very nice. Obviously there is the obvious minor wear and tear here you would expect of a hotel room but nothing falling apart or dirty or cracks anything like that. I don’t expect any hotel room to be without fault simply because of the pure volume that said I don’t expect things falling apart in a Deluxe resort. What I laugh at are people who check in and run around the room taking pictures of every minor thing wrong post it on Facebook then never report it

Tinker218

I am here at the Boardwalk now also. It is our favorite resort and we stay here 3-4 times a year, as long as I can get my cast discount! I am a retired Disney Store cast member and it is one of the hardest resorts to get my discount at. I have a feeling once the rehab is over it will be even more difficult to get! We will be back in 60 days, just made my dinning reservations today. Makes leaving on Tuesday easier knowing I will be back soon.

Beachmouse1

Original Poster
Hi that’s funny we stayed one night at the Poly before the Boardwalk. Had some points that were about to expire so we waitlisted a night at the Poly and it came thru. Our studio was a bit run down. Normal wear and tear stuff nothing that was cause for a complaint since we were only there about 9 hours. We just slept there we drive so we were able to arrive around 3pm and go out and do some fun stuff, sleep and then leave the next morning to go over to Boardwalk. A few lights weren’t working, closet door squeak things like that. We did tell the desk when we left so the room would be in good order for the next guest. Personally I find the Poly very dark. I get it that’s the whole theme I am just saying for me I like bright. This was our first time at Poly DVC and the walking proximity to the TTC make Epcot very easy. That Pago Pago location is prime. Thanks for the advice I canceled my wait list for DVC at Boardwalk Maybe pay cash a few nights and stay extra nights. I thought I wouldn’t like that whole Boardwalk thinking it would intrude on the hotel never saw the backside and we were all the way in the back by the quiet pool and found a way to walk to the main lobby outside and it was great. Plus all the little details all over the hotel are wonderful and wow that Bellevue lounge does quite a busier much fun

Weather_Lady

I'm glad to hear how well you like it, OP! We've always avoided Boardwalk purely from a theming and functionality perspective: the DVC villas don't have two proper beds for our family of four, and the Inn rooms remind me of the "1980s-style Victorian-ish" decorating phase that my mother went through when I was a kid, and which a lot of low-budget highway motels seem to have adopted around that time and stuck with ever since. It's hard to "read a room" from website photos sometimes, though: they must just look and feel differently in person. I have always thought the buildings, grounds, and waterfront were beautiful.

Supertech65

Hi that’s funny we stayed one night at the Poly before the Boardwalk. Had some points that were about to expire so we waitlisted a night at the Poly and it came thru. Our studio was a bit run down. Normal wear and tear stuff nothing that was cause for a complaint since we were only there about 9 hours. We just slept there we drive so we were able to arrive around 3pm and go out and do some fun stuff, sleep and then leave the next morning to go over to Boardwalk. A few lights weren’t working, closet door squeak things like that. We did tell the desk when we left so the room would be in good order for the next guest. Personally I find the Poly very dark. I get it that’s the whole theme I am just saying for me I like bright. This was our first time at Poly DVC and the walking proximity to the TTC make Epcot very easy. That Pago Pago location is prime. Thanks for the advice I canceled my wait list for DVC at Boardwalk Maybe pay cash a few nights and stay extra nights. I thought I wouldn’t like that whole Boardwalk thinking it would intrude on the hotel never saw the backside and we were all the way in the back by the quiet pool and found a way to walk to the main lobby outside and it was great. Plus all the little details all over the hotel are wonderful and wow that Bellevue lounge does quite a busier much fun
When did you stay there? I was at the Polynesian Feb 2021 and all the rooms (dvc included) were newly refurbished. Maybe your stay was before that? They are definitely not dark anymore plus the new murphy bed is SO much better than the sofa bed my friend had to sleep on. The split bathroom is another perk too

Last edited:

Beachmouse1

Original Poster
When did you stay there? I was at the Polynesian Feb 2021 and all the rooms (dvc included) were newly refurbished. Maybe your stay was before that? They are definitely not dark anymore plus the new murphy bed is SO much better than the sofa bed my friend had to sleep on. The split bathroom is another perk too
Was just there last week. In the DVC building. I know they brightened everything up a bit but the overall feel, hallway walls, room walls all dark for me. thats just me not a criticism I prefer bright light colors. The Murphy bed was very comfortable in the DVC room however that was one of the things that was broken when you opened it wouldnt Open properly had to get maintenance to come. It’s just a personal taste thing in my opinion the whole resort even the main building is dark to me. The split bathroom is a huge perk As well. I really wish more resorts had that

EPCOT-O.G.

Is there a timetable on the refurbishments? I saw a Disney Parks blog update and it just says "2023." We have a stay in mid March and wonder if the refurbs will be underway at that time.

Calmdownnow

Just in case Disney decides to bring back pool-hopping rights for DVC members, stop mentioning how great the Boardwalk Inn quiet pool is. And certainly don't mention how fantastic it is (as a DVC family) to take a break from EPCOT, sneak out of the International Gateway, grab take-away on the Boardwalk and spend a couple of hours relaxing/swimming at the quiet pool, before hopping to HS for the evening....

SeaCastle

Growing up, when we've stayed in the Epcot resort area we never chose Boardwalk. We always felt the Boardwalk theming was too close to home (coming from the Jersey Shore) and Beach Club had the beautiful pool. We eventually did end up staying there in 2018 or 2019 and loved it- we managed our first and only free upgrade to the club level.

It is a truly beautiful hotel and the public spaces away from the promenade are quiet and pleasant. There's lots to do within a short walk and the gems there like Belle Vue Lounge, the quiet pool, gardens, seating areas, the lobby carousel that goes off at 10pm, etc are a great escape. It's relative advantage to other hotels is cut down a bit now that the nearby hotels not on the lake have the skyliner, but the access to epcot and mgm is still unbeatable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom