Votes: 9 18.4%
  • MGM Studios

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

DDPGambit

Original Poster
What is the first park you like to visit when you go to WDW? I personally like to go to Epcot. It's my favorite park, and it really gets me into the 'Disney Magic' (moreso than Magic Kingdom). Unfortuantly, everyone else in my family likes to go to Animal Kingdom to 'get it out of the way'.

BRER STITCH

Depends on the flight arrangements.....

If we arrive in the evening, we do Downtown Disney the first night for dinner and shopping, but......

We ALWAYS head for the Magic Kingdom on our first full day.

They miss us there, and it wouldn't be right to keep them waiting! :)

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I always go to the Magic Kingdom, just due to a daily ritual I can't seem to not go through. Whenever I wake up and get showered and dressed, I go to Cosmic Ray's for a burger, regardless of which park I plan on visiting that day. Every day, without fail. :lookaroun

mwitkus

Magic Kingdom is my favorite park so we always head there first... Then, if we are lucky, we sometimes have time to go back a 2nd time!!! That always makes for a great vacation!!!

:sohappy:

General Grizz

I drive to the Magic Kingdom about 3-5 times a year, and Epcot about 2-3. I visit MGM and AK less often. I basically have more reason and heart in the Magic Kingdom, and while I adore World Showcase and several of the Future World pavilions, as it stands today the Magic Kingdom park is #1!

It's not really a theme park...it's more like a home! :)

feenie

Well, it depends on when we arrive, but we like to go to the Magic Kingdom first.
There is just something about walking under the train station onto main street that makes the rest of the world "dissapear" for at least the duration of the trip!!!
:)

smother_mi

always mk. we do the whole, "gotta look down main street and see the castle on the first day!" thing. you know, so it really hits us........we're here.

RPMdfw

Definitely Magic Kingdom first. The trip isn't officially started until I hear the recording in the Monorail talk about Disney's mountain range in the Magic Kingdom.

orangefan15

MK always on the first day and the last day. On the first day, it really helps get you in that "disney mood". On the last, it leaves you with happy, happy memories.

Of course, on our last trip we did AK the first day...that was just because its our least favorite so we decided to get it out of the way on a day the weather wasn't very good.

Nansafan

We visit Epcot first. Our goal is to get to MK every evening and when we're staying at the Poly or Contemporary, it's usually possible. There is something about the MK at night, right after fireworks when everyone is leaving. Love to catch one more ride on BTMR or Splash.

Bryansworld726

It depends.... In the off season when I usually go, I like to go to the Magic Kingdom on the Saturday so I can see all the parades and stuff. But I like going to Magic Kingdom First, so I usually plan the trip so we arrive on a friday afternoon, and head to the magic kingdom just to ride the monorail, then to Downtown Disney for Dinner and hanging out. Then the first park is the Magic Kingdom.

dimshady81

Thats a good question, I wouldn't really care cause they are all pretty cool. But since my brother is the Disney King around here I'd have to say the first park we go to is the park with a magic morning!!!:cool:

First Park

We tend to head for AK on our first full day.

We like to break ourselves in gently after the long flight from the UK and AK closes a bit earlier then the rest of the parks, so we don't feel like we are cutting anything short because we are tired.

Its a bit shadier then the other parks as well so we Brits can adjust ourselves from the subzero tempartures of the UK summer!

And not forgetting its a pretty cool park.

504ellamae

Always the Magic Kingdom as it reminds me of the first time that we went back in 1989.

It has a certain atmosphere about it that i love:sohappy:

Sherm00

Magic kingdom definitly. Just seeing that castle for the first time starts the whole trip. and on the reverse side always go to the magic kingdom once on the last day of a trip. it's really kinda romantic strolling down mainstreet on that last night kinda just to say goodbye till the next time. always feels like I am leaving an old friend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom