first night food

lileonard

Banned
ill be goin in august for about 7 days at the polenesian. Where should our family eat on the first night? should we just stay at the resort for the luau, or should we eat somewhere else. Gimmie some suggestions, we always deal with the same problem every year, where to eat on the first night?

jay_london

We normally head for the contemporary on the first evening, have a nice steak in the 'concource steak house', watching the monorail driving through.Then head off to the MK just to savour the atmosphere, happy days

jay;)

Upvote 0

Tramp

I second jay's suggestion...after a day of travelling...best to sit down to eat, relax and use the time to plan the next day's schedule.

After dinner....head into the MK and take in the sights & sounds...or back to the Polynesian pool to relax. We try to get to bed early the first night and get a good jump on the parks in the morning. :)

We'll be there the first two weeks in August, too. hey, ya never know, we may bump into ya! ;)

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by jay_london
We normally head for the contemporary on the first evening, have a nice steak in the 'concource steak house', watching the monorail driving through.Then head off to the MK just to savour the atmosphere, happy days

jay;)

I agree, I do the same. Its a great meal for the first night, and the atmosphere is great (monorail, wide open concourse).

Upvote 0

lileonard

Banned
Original Poster
hey tramp where are you staying in august, just wanted to know cause if your staying at polenesian then maybe we will bump into each other.

o yeah ill tell my family we should eat at the contemperary

thanks

Upvote 0
M

Mr Lightbeer

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm garlic mash

Head for Wolfgang Pucks Express in Downtown Disney.Have the Chicken Strips with Garlic Mash Potato. Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Re: ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm garlic mash

Originally posted by Mr Lightbeer
Head for Wolfgang Pucks Express in Downtown Disney.Have the Chicken Strips with Garlic Mash Potato. Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, great restaurant, but since he is staying at the Polynesian, the Contemporary is just a monorail ride away. Going from the polynesian to the Marketplace is just too long on the first day. By the time you get their (usually by plane) and get checked in, unpacked, and settled, you usually don't want to go far. So save your energy for the next day.

Also if staying at Port Orleans then I would definitely say go to Wolfgang's.

Upvote 0

scan_man

I was planning on Dinner at the California Grill the First night I was there. However in September I found out that they weren't going to be doing the Fireworks at the Castle any time while I was down. So instead my and My Girlfriend are going to be dinning at the Rose and Crown at the latest seatting we could get hoping to get a Patio seat so we can see the Illuminations.
Not the Same as the Fireworks over the castle from the California Grill. but really as close as we can get for a Romantic dinner for her FIRST trip to Disneyworld on our first night.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom