First Magical Memory

BiffyClyro

I was 13 and i remember watching the opening show at Magic Kingdom before the park opens and not being able to stop smiling and my parents not being able to stop smiling and my little brother not knowing what the hell was going on (He was 6) but he loved it too. So amazing. It's amazing every year when you go back and that feeling never really goes away...But the first time you experience it not knowing what to expect...That's just an incredible feeling/ memory :)

mweier

1984, first trip to MK and EP, and the last family vacation my parents went on together before they got divorced. It was the end of an era for my childhood, and the magic of WDW kept my 7yr-old-self oblivious to their "issues" which had by then come to a head. In talking to them about the trip later in life, it became clear that they didn't have a "magical" time the way I did, but did their best to protect me from that.

I can most distinctly remember Epcot (then EPCOT) dark rides (JI, SE, UoE, WoM) and the laser lights on Spaceship earth looking like the rotating earth at night. I got a hardcover copy of "Epcot Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow Walt Disney World" on that trip and have looked at it often since.

I also remember (to a lesser degree) PotC and HM from our time at MK.

The only other thing that sticks out was our swimming at the off-property hotel pool during a break, and the fact that I stepped in a pile of dog poo with my bare feet on the way down to the pool. SQUISH!

brb1006

I will never forgot how happy I was when I meet Pinocchio at the Magic Kingdom back in 2004. The second was meeting Minnie at Campy Minnie Mickey in 2006, and meeting Marie twice at the Magic Kingdom. However the Marie experience topped my meeting with Pinocchio and Minnie.

Tromboneking

My first and favorite Disney memory of all time was in 2005, when my daughter had just turned 4. We took her for her first visit, which was also MY first visit. We got there late in evening just as fireworks were about to happen. We lucked out and found a great spot for wishes and I put my daughter on my shoulders. About halfway through the fireworks, it hit me that my 4 year old daughter and her 36 year old dad were having the same experience for the first time...I bawled like a baby..

Figgy1

Original Poster
My first and favorite Disney memory of all time was in 2005, when my daughter had just turned 4. We took her for her first visit, which was also MY first visit. We got there late in evening just as fireworks were about to happen. We lucked out and found a great spot for wishes and I put my daughter on my shoulders. About halfway through the fireworks, it hit me that my 4 year old daughter and her 36 year old dad were having the same experience for the first time...I bawled like a baby..
Welcome aboard, and a most magical memory to say the least.

Bugz

I just was thinking back to many, many moons ago. Back to my first trip. I won't give the exact year as I don't want to admit how old I am. LOL Let's just say it was in the eighties and I was old enough to drive. My first magical memory was driving under the Walt Disney World sign. I don't know how or why but it was at that moment I knew I was going to be hooked on Disney for years to come. Now every trip that's my first magical memory of that trip. What was your very first magical memory?
Hey thats about my first visit and the castle was my memory and how beautiful it was even then!! as a very young man , not driving lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom