First Limited Edition MagicBands coming to Star Wars Weekend V

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Here's a guess: Since standard single-color bands sold around WDW are $12.95, I'd guess these will be at least $14.95 due to the special box and imprints on the bands.

I am betting something more like $24.95 or higher especially with the LEs and since SW is the first during SWW maybe even higher.

travellerman

I'm assuming that they are only available at the parks and not available for purchase outside anywhere or online?

Do you think that they'll have other characters on them now? Maybe by the fall when I'm there next.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm assuming that they are only available at the parks and not available for purchase outside anywhere or online?

Do you think that they'll have other characters on them now? Maybe by the fall when I'm there next.
Right now? No. In the future? I would bet the farm on it.

CaptainShortty

Original Poster

Many moons ago I was at the leader town hall that debuted most of the MyMagic+ information and we were shown a photo of the prototypes with the characters on them. So it's not if they're coming...it's when. And I'd say now that MM+ is rolled out across property, it'll be sooner rather than later.

seascape

I'm sure people will pay for them. So the price is probably right. But I think anyone who pays $30 for a magic band, no matter what's on it, is crazy.
This is another example of how TDO is going to make a fortune with the magic bands. 2500 limited edition star wars bands with 2 options at $29.95 brings in a $149,750. With a cost of less than $2.00 it only costsb $10,000 and they make $139,750 minus the cost of selling them which is not much, but even taking off another $10,000 would leave a profit of $129,000. The question I have is what makes it a limited edition, the box and maybe certificate. I would be shocked if they don't start selling non limited editions of Star Wars bands for $19.99 or 24.99.

I would love to know what the sales figures for the magic bands are. If they make a $10.00 profit on the magic bands sold to off site visitors and the sell 3 million a year that would make 30 million or a return on investment for next gen of 1.5 to 3 percent just on these sales. If they can then sell 100,000 limited edition magic bands at a profit of $25.00 a band it would be another 2.5 million in profits.

Just think of all the possibilities. Regular magic bands at $12.95 making a $10.00 profit. Special character magic bands at $19.95 making a $17.00 profit. Princess magic bands for the girls and pirate magic bands for the boys at $24.95 making a $22.00 profit. And finally the special limited edition one selling at $29.95 making a $26.00 profit. Disney could actually sell 5 to 6 or more of them a year and make over $100 million a year on these little plastic bands. Which would be a 10 to 20 return on investment depending upon whose number you use for the cost of next gen.

But it is clear that with the saving on those pesky credit card charges, saving from express check ins, and other savings like reduced labor costs at BOG from MDE ordering which will probably be extended to other sit down restaurants the return on investment will be well over 20 percent and that only takes cost cutting and magic band sales into account. If the magic bands really work and keep more people on site for rather than going off site for a day and they increase sales they could actually make enough to pay the entire cost in a two to three years and have an ongoing return of 50%.

Lord_Vader

This is another example of how TDO is going to make a fortune with the magic bands. 2500 limited edition star wars bands with 2 options at $29.95 brings in a $149,750. With a cost of less than $2.00 it only costsb $10,000 and they make $139,750 minus the cost of selling them which is not much, but even taking off another $10,000 would leave a profit of $129,000. The question I have is what makes it a limited edition, the box and maybe certificate. I would be shocked if they don't start selling non limited editions of Star Wars bands for $19.99 or 24.99.

I would love to know what the sales figures for the magic bands are. If they make a $10.00 profit on the magic bands sold to off site visitors and the sell 3 million a year that would make 30 million or a return on investment for next gen of 1.5 to 3 percent just on these sales. If they can then sell 100,000 limited edition magic bands at a profit of $25.00 a band it would be another 2.5 million in profits.

Just think of all the possibilities. Regular magic bands at $12.95 making a $10.00 profit. Special character magic bands at $19.95 making a $17.00 profit. Princess magic bands for the girls and pirate magic bands for the boys at $24.95 making a $22.00 profit. And finally the special limited edition one selling at $29.95 making a $26.00 profit. Disney could actually sell 5 to 6 or more of them a year and make over $100 million a year on these little plastic bands. Which would be a 10 to 20 return on investment depending upon whose number you use for the cost of next gen.

But it is clear that with the saving on those pesky credit card charges, saving from express check ins, and other savings like reduced labor costs at BOG from MDE ordering which will probably be extended to other sit down restaurants the return on investment will be well over 20 percent and that only takes cost cutting and magic band sales into account. If the magic bands really work and keep more people on site for rather than going off site for a day and they increase sales they could actually make enough to pay the entire cost in a two to three years and have an ongoing return of 50%.

It is great to see I am not the only one that sees just how much money MM+ will save/make TDO in short order. How many attraction photos will be purchased after the fact because they were associated with your account, photos that guests forgot to add or simply were not aware they were taken until later? At $14.95 even a small fraction of add-ons make a contribution too.

seascape

It is great to see I am not the only one that sees just how much money MM+ will save/make TDO in short order. How many attraction photos will be purchased after the fact because they were associated with your account, photos that guests forgot to add or simply were not aware they were taken until later? At $14.95 even a small fraction of add-ons make a contribution too.
I am a DVC owner and have suggested they work out a deal for the photo package that would be yearly. If they had this I would but it. We go 3 times a year and just can't see paying for it 3 times so we don't buy it at all. I see so much potential for productivity improvements and at the same time making jobs easier for cast members. I love the cast members and how they are always so helpful. I hope they are all treated fairly and given raises and not just have Disney increase profits dollar for dollar. I am a stockholder though and want to see a return on the investment. But the more I look at this, the more I can see in profits. I also think that they can save enough staff time to actually staff a 5th gate with the same number of cast members they have now.

Lord_Vader

I am a DVC owner and have suggested they work out a deal for the photo package that would be yearly. If they had this I would but it. We go 3 times a year and just can't see paying for it 3 times so we don't buy it at all. I see so much potential for productivity improvements and at the same time making jobs easier for cast members. I love the cast members and how they are always so helpful. I hope they are all treated fairly and given raises and not just have Disney increase profits dollar for dollar. I am a stockholder though and want to see a return on the investment. But the more I look at this, the more I can see in profits. I also think that they can save enough staff time to actually staff a 5th gate with the same number of cast members they have now.

We are still on the fence for DVC, I see the savings potential but cannot get my wife past the up front $$$ and being tied to a resort for the most part but that is another thread discussion I guess.

There is a great deal of productivity savings down the road that I believe will be down the road from transportation, resorts, dining and more. FP+ for BOG enables a much faster user experience which gets you in and out faster which in turn adds to the number of customers they can serve. If your order is pre-placed you simply check-in, pick up your food and eat it takes fewer CM and you spend less time eating, they get the same spend in less time with lower expenses per transaction. This could be applied across all CS restaurants if successful

If you have FP+ reservations at MK for 10AM or lunch at CP at 11AM and they have LR readers in the bus stop, they can arguably forecast that you are headed to MK when you get to the bus stop at 8:00AM. The same for when you leave MK later in the day, your dining reservations at the Brown Derby in HS for 6:00 would trigger that they now have a new party of X guests leaving MK and most likely headed to the HS bus stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom