first ever trip to the magic report

riverman

Original Poster
Hello everyone: All we can say is WOW! We just got back a few days ago from our first trip ever to WDW. We flew down from Michigan and spent 7 nights. Did two days at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the other 5 at Wilderness Lodge. It was absolutly the greatest thing we have ever or may ever do. My wife and my 8 year old son were with me. He just kept saying how awesome everything was. We did all the parks and Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney and the final day we went back to three in one day. Saw Fantasmic and Illuminations. Our jaws hit the ground!. We could not believe what we were hearing and seeing. Complain all you want about Dinsey but I give them high marks for what they do. We used all the different transportation and everything went very well. One example. We stood up at 9:30 p.m. with the other 9000 people at Fantasmic and headed out to the park entrance. That only took 10 minutes. Got on a bus for Wilderness Lodge and we were in our room by 10:00 p.m. Who else could do that!!!!!!!!! The weather was very hot but the crowds were low. Most of the time we just waited 10 minutes to 15 minutes for a ride. If one was 30 minutes we got a fast pass and did something else until return time. Walked passed hundreds of people to the front. It is great!. The resorts were not to be believed! Talked to lots of cast members and learned a lot. Will be glad to answer any guestions anyone may have in regards to the resorts or what we saw in the parks! We learned every thing we could thru books and internet before we left and it really paid off. It is trully a magic filled place. We did some special unique things also that we felt were worth the extra money. Will try to write more later. Working on picture albums. Thanks for all your suggestions!.

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
Thanks for the trip report. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I wish I was there when you were there because I miss it.

disneyfan123

I am glad that you had such a good trip and it sounds as though you cannot wait to get back.

*only 49 days to go* (so close and yet so far...)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Invero

Originally posted by riverman
Complain all you want about Disney but I give them high marks for what they do. We used all the different transportation and everything went very well. One example. We stood up at 9:30 p.m. with the other 9000 people at Fantasmic and headed out to the park entrance. That only took 10 minutes. Got on a bus for Wilderness Lodge and we were in our room by 10:00 p.m. Who else could do that!!!!!!!!!

hehe... One thing Disney can do is move people. Despite working within Disney Transport, some days it still amazes me how many people we do in fact actually move... :)

I'm really glad you had such a magical vacation... one that I'm sure is full of memories that you will cherish for a lifetime. I'm sure we'll be seeing you real soon! :)

Mufasa_AC

I just love reading reports like this. A lot of us old-timers get way too caught up in the tiny details and forget about the overall experience. Riverman, you did a wonderful job expressing your enthusiasm. You brought back memories of my first trip to WDW and reminded me of the real reasons we return several times a year. Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom