First DW Trip w/3 little kids - Why am I worrying about dining?

Osh Popham

I know strollers are not allowed in BOG but if your one year old is eating finger foods in a high chair, scheduling early, even prior to official park opening may still be a good fit.

Just always have a pack of those antibacterial wipes handy and wipe everything down really well.

BigRedDad

No one but you can speak about your kids. Disney is an entirely different level of sensory overload. If a child can nap in a stroller, great. However, it is not the same as napping in a room with AC, bed, and no distractions. For us and our DD, it was best to go back to the resort, get a good nap, take a dip in the pool, and then back to parks/dinners. A tired, sensory overloaded child is never a fun experience for you nor people around you. Perfectly normal people can turn into the most insane person in minutes. Just take a look at the dad lugging around 3 strollers, 10 stuffed animals, 3 candy apples, holding one sleeping child while mom is holding two. It is simply a different beast. Then you see another family with 3 happy kids, behaving, not going crazy, with mom and dad enjoying the relaxing atmosphere. You can usually tell the properly rested families from the ones that are "we paid xx-thousand for this trip and we are going to do everything until we pass out" families.

md0u80a2

Hi

I have done it with 3 kids of similar ages, having perfected it with the first two when they were younger.

For us, and like everyone this is individual viewpoint for you pop into the mix, the meals were key to the experience. Universal or seaworld doesnt have anything like this. It isnt just characters, but the whole thing. The list given is fair.

But we have a key rule - buffet!!! Only buffet. We just cant do the three young kids with a 30 min wait for food! And at the buffet, the little one can eat as much as they want, the bigger ones get to go and pick dessert, and when done you leave.

I think that is really key with three young kids i chef mickey, crystal palace, hollywood and vine are all top on our list. The one exception is rainforest cafe - food isnt great, but actually the envinronment is so fun I think that will always be on our list.

Now of course, I would love to go to really nice restuarants for lovely meals - I am desperate to go to the new flying fish, but it just wont work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom