First DLP trip planning...

JillC LI

I am glad you switched to 3 days in Paris and 2 in DLP. One tip - if you want to go up the Eiffel Tower, I strongly recommend you are either online at midnight local time on the day they start selling tickets (60 days in advance I think?) or else pay a little extra and book a Skip the Line tour, or you could be waiting 4-6 hours to go up. We were extra glad we had done that when it was 100 degrees on the line the day we were there plus one of the elevators was broken. We used this company and they were totally reputable and really easy to find:
http://www.fattiretours.com/paris/tours/skip-the-line-eiffel-tower-tour

Gemma89

Ive been in Jan which given I'm English it was slightly warmer there than at home. I've just got back at the start of May from going again, which was amazing and not too crowded. They have a spring festival and special meet and greets (like we met thumper and Marie). The parks definitely got busier as the week went on, both times, so maybe try for the start of the week. Next year is super special though as its their 25th anniversary and obviously Disney do birthdays well.....

PacNWTigger

I highly recommend spending the extra $$$ to skip the line for not only the Eiffel Tower, but also for the Louvre. The tours of the Louvre are great because you get to see the highlights that most tourists want to see, and then you are cut loose in the museum to check out anything else you like. You can literally wait in those lines for hours even if you show up right at opening.

peep

Just a heads up that France has a national holiday on the 14th July - Bastille Day. Everywhere will be pretty crowded but, like Independence Day in the States, everywhere has firework displays and I think there's a big ceremony in the City Centre? I've somehow ended up in DLP on that day and while busy it was just like any other day in the Summer (with a special firework show in the evening).

Regarding temperature, Paris can get really muggy, rather than a dry heat.

Being a Londoner, let me know if you want any help with the London portion of your trip.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Well, if they are going to have celebrations like that I may move the trip to another week. We can't go too late in July because our son starts school then. I may just move it to early June.

JillC LI

Just a heads up that France has a national holiday on the 14th July - Bastille Day. Everywhere will be pretty crowded but, like Independence Day in the States, everywhere has firework displays and I think there's a big ceremony in the City Centre? I've somehow ended up in DLP on that day and while busy it was just like any other day in the Summer (with a special firework show in the evening).

Regarding temperature, Paris can get really muggy, rather than a dry heat.

We were there for Bastille Day in 1983 when I was 14. T he parade down the Champs Elysees was very cool. I had just learned to sing the French National Anthem in school, and I was able to sing along. i haven't taken French in 30 years, but amazingly I still remember it.

As for the temperature @G00fyDad, like I said, it was 100 degrees during a heatwave when we were there last July so make sure you book a hotel with ac in Paris!

G00fyDad

Original Poster
We were there for Bastille Day in 1983 when I was 14. T he parade down the Champs Elysees was very cool. I had just learned to sing the French National Anthem in school, and I was able to sing along. i haven't taken French in 30 years, but amazingly I still remember it.

As for the temperature @G00fyDad, like I said, it was 100 degrees during a heatwave when we were there last July so make sure you book a hotel with ac in Paris!

Holy carp! I know. Right? That was so weird seeing that as an amenity in some hotels. Wth is that all about? I guess I am just used to being American spoiled. I have never seen a hotel in the US without AC.

JillC LI

Holy carp! I know. Right? That was so weird seeing that as an amenity in some hotels. Wth is that all about? I guess I am just used to being American spoiled. I have never seen a hotel in the US without AC.

It's a European thing. Many places have fans, not AC. I just looked up the name of the place we stayed in Paris last summer to share it with you. It's called Hôtel Du Midi Paris Montparnasse. It is directly across the street from the train station that takes you into the heart of Paris as well as the train to Disneyland. It was incredibly convenient, clean, spacious (we were 2 adults and 2 teens), had AC, and the price was right. We booked it through Booking.com.

LeafsFanNL

This trip has changed so much over the course of the past week. LOL

Now we are looking at 10 days 9 nights:
07/07/17 - Arrive one way in London Heathrow at 10:00am BST
07/08/17 - London
07/09/17 - London
07/10/17 - London
07/11/17 - Leave London by Eurostar at 1:00pm BST and arrive in Paris around 3:30pm CEST
07/12/17 - Disneyland
07/13/17 - Disneyland
07/14/17 - Paris
07/15/17 - Paris
07/16/17 - Paris. Leave one way Paris Charles De Gaulle airport at 6:00pm CEST

That looks good. for a short trip like that two days at DLP is the maximum I'd allocate.

LeafsFanNL

That looks good. for a short trip like that two days at DLP is the maximum I'd allocate.

We were in Europe in 2014. We spent one night in Arras, France to visit WW1 battlefields, four nights at DLP, one in Paris, six in London and one in Dublin. Looking back we would have cut one night from each of London and Disney and added one to Paris and Arras.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
The more I am looking at this I think I will only take one day for Disneyland. There is absolutely no way on this planet I can go to Paris and not got to Disney. My wife and mother want to spend the majority of their time in London so this trip is now at:

07/07/17 - Arrive in London Heathrow in the early morning
07/08/17 - London
07/09/17 - London
07/10/17 - London
07/11/17 - London
07/12/17 - Leave London by Eurostar for Paris
07/13/17 - Paris
07/14/17 - Disneyland
07/15/17 - Paris
07/16/17 - Paris. Leave later in the evening

LeafsFanNL

I like it, You really can hit the highlights in a long day. A question, are you going to park hop? if so, I'd be tempted to start at Disney Studios, and do the Ratatouille attraction first. It is the best thing in the park. Big Thunder is the highlight in the MK park. I'd hit that first, and then get whatever you can

PacNWTigger

Definitely go the park hopper route...especially if you're just doing the one day. The Studios park closes around 6:00, but Magic Kingdom is open until 10:00. You're going to want to check out Ratatouille at the Studios park and Crush's Coaster (do this one early) because they are definitely unique to DLP.

Den Carter

DLP is not in the same type of climate as WDW so being there when it is cold and rainy is not the most enjoyable. If you have loads of flexibility, I'd say May-June or September thru mid-October (not only does later October get colder, but many European schools have a week to two weeks off towards the end of October). If possible, avoid Saturday and Sunday as it gets quite crowded with local passholders.

Definitely agree with this 100%

What about "summer crowds"? Does it get slammed the same way US parks do during the summer months? Right now I am planning an early July trip.

Not as bad, but pretty busy. The busiest times are mid July to end of August.

My recommendations are May, June, early July and September.

JillC LI

We have no intention of park hopping, but I am going to get those tickets anyway just in case.

Oh, but you must! You can't miss Ratatouille and Crush. Do those first thing and then head over to Disneyland Parc. You can definitely do most of both parks in one day at that time of year. We did. Just arrive before opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom