First DisneyLAND visit

SkratchyTheWolf

Original Poster
Hey everyone! In a few weeks my Dad and I will be heading to California to look at a school out there. However, one of the day's that we are there we will be taking the time to head over to Disneyland. Now I've been to WDW a dozen or so times and pretty much know my way around those parks, however, Disneyland is another thing all together, and I have not much of an idea as to what I should be expecting. I know for sure I'll be making a B Line straight for POTC but other than that I'm not sure haha is Disneyland a one day park? or are there certain attractions that I should put priority on just in case I don't have time for everything? I could really use some suggestions. Thanks!

puntagordabob

LOL Disneyland and DCA have almost as many attractions as WDW....lol

I wouldnt waste my time on the exact rides at WDW....rather see the things WDW does not have.

Be sure to see Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, Mr Toads Wild Ride, Monster Inc ride, Matterhorn, The Submarines (be sure to do it in the daytime), the new Mermaid ride, etc...

Both of their night time shows will be absolutely new to you.. Disneyland has a great firework show named Remember Dreams Come True that starts out very much like Wishes, but trust me it is incredibly cool with most of it being all new to you.... and over at DCA they have the World of Color which is incredible too....if I could only choose one I would see the World of Color as there is NOTHING like it at WDW currently.

Have fun and remember that Disneyland is where Walt spent a lot of his time....speaking of Walt they have a tour called "Walking in Walt's Footsteps" that is quite good.

Have fun.....be sure to let us all know all the things you notice different there.... we did this last year and literally left WDW to the airport to DLR on the same day .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614A6DUgMeQ

The link above is to one of the videos we made of the trip...there are two others with one showing only Disneyland while the second shows on Disneys California Adventure.

Greenkai3000

I recently went to the DLR myself for the first time, and let me tell you that I LOVED IT.

I would highly recommend you spend at least 2 days at DL and 1 at DCA. If you're staying on property, do as we did...take advantage of their Magic Morning hours. This means you will be able to enter the park ONE FULL HOUR before the park officially opens to the rest of the guests staying off property. Thus making it easier to ride all the more popular rides which are in Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land. Most of the rides there do not offer Fast Passes, so it's best to ride them first thing in the morning, and get fast passes for other less busy rides the rest of the day. I highly recommend you ride Peter Pan, Dumbo, Alice, Mr Toad, Casey Jr Train, Storybook, the Matterhorn, and Star Tours during the first hour. Once the park opens to everyone else, go get passes for Indiana Jones, the Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain.

Now as far as DCA, you must ride California Screamin', Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, and Grizzly River Rapids. Soarin' if you like too, but the ride is the same as the one in FL.

Lastly take your time to take in all the scenery...both DL and DCA are well kept, manicured and full of lots of interesting details...The theming at both is wonderfully done. Enjoy :wave:

javy2004

i went to magic kingdom and disneyland (in that order) a few months apart. i like how the set up of the lands are similar so you get a basic gyst of what is where if you been to the other park before. definately make sure you do matterhorn, potc, and especially space mountain early in your day. the queue in MK spoiled me with the cool, indoor distraction and games. most of the DL queue is outside and there isn't really anything to look at and do while waiting. i didnt get to go to DCA yet, but i will this march... so ready for that. have fun :)

Disneybird

Be sure and see the Aladdin show at DCA. It's an incredible show with an amazingly talented genie. I would love to see it brought to WDW.

javy2004

Be sure and see the Aladdin show at DCA. It's an incredible show with an amazingly talented genie. I would love to see it brought to WDW.

sweet will do. a couple told me the same thing while waiting in line for star tours. being in the military brings a good deal of perks, but none i think i enjoy as much as being able to go to disney parks for a super low price.

hollywoodj

Indiana Jones is a MUST ride; IMO it's the best Disney attraction yet. Similar vehicles to Dinosaur at AK, but it's SO much better in regards to theming.

SkratchyTheWolf

Original Poster
Awesome! I'm so excited now! Earlier today I was getting rather anxious due to my fear of flying (I'm going from Boston to LA, so it's a bit of a long flight too) but after reading all your comments I actually feel quite a bit better knowing I'll have so much to look forward to once I arrive! I leave in 4 hours! But when I get back I'll sure to let you all know how it went. Thanks again for all the helpful hints and tips :))

Chaz

don't worry about getting to POTC in a hurry. its statistically the fastest line in the park. in reality 2 days can get most things done at both parks if you plan it correctly.

kibia16

If you go there after January 9th, you will not be able to ride the matterhorn. It is going under refurbishment for 6 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom