First Day Traditions?!

Britt

I've been there twice and both times were different. My first time, it poured on us AS we were getting off the boats and we had to haul over to the Crystal Palace for breakfast. The second time, we were offsite, had breakfast at Ohana and then started our day at Animal Kingdom. I love AK, but it's not my FIRST day park choice.

Soooooo next time, whenever we go back, it'll be MK first. Maybe it'll pour again and that can be my tradition ;)

jmorri26

Ours is always EPCOT first day, straight to San Angel Inn.
We always eat there first, trying to sit close to the water. After La Cava opened though, we've somehow shifted more towards hanging out in there for a while, selling our kidneys to afford the drinks, then San Angel.

DizneyPryncess

Our tradition is to explore our resort our first day, and not do a park since we don't usually get there until the afternoon. I love that first day when your whole trip is in front of you. Usually for dinner the first night we head to 'Ohana or Kona, and then watch Wishes from the beach after. Great way to start the trip!

zurgandfriend

Arrive, MDE to our resort, check-in, drop off carry on bags, freshen up and change if necessary. The monorail to Magic Kingdom, walk up Main Street USA over to the Haunted Mansion always our first attraction. We used to always have dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern but after the character left we dropped that for somewhere in the World Showcase, usually Biergarten.

Vader2112

Funny for the amount of times I ahve been to WDW and stayed on property I really do not have any one thing we do each time. I guess it would be getting into the room and turing on the television and having the Disney Must Dos playing in the background entertaining the kids as we get settled. I do however; have a last day tradition of going to a charecter breakfast.

NeedMoreMickey

We usually stay at BC or BCV so our first thing is Epcot through the International Gateway and the thing I love to do is walk to the top of the hill and just take about 5 minutes and listen to the music and watch the people. After that I'm in Disney mode and I'm ready for anything.

jmorri26

Funny for the amount of times I ahve been to WDW and stayed on property I really do not have any one thing we do each time. I guess it would be getting into the room and turing on the television and having the Disney Must Dos playing in the background entertaining the kids as we get settled. I do however; have a last day tradition of going to a charecter breakfast.

I LOVE the Disney Must Dos channel. Even from childhood I have fond memories falling asleep in bed hearing about River Country and all these cool places I could see in the coming days!

awoogala

What are your first day traditions at the wonderful world?!

!

Usually we try to take it easy after all the driving-
We do check in, then we try out the resort pool- otherwise our kids cannot stop talking about it the whole time we are there.
We love to do Chef Mickey's for dinner our first day..so we feel we are at Disney.
Bed early, then off to the parks in the morning!

jw24

Since I'm typically in WDW by the mid-afternoon or early evening, I usually don't head to the parks because of all the hustle and bustle from travelling. So for me, I check in, rest for a little bit, get dinner either at the resort or head to DTD for a quick bite and just bask in the nighttime Downtown Disney environment and stroll around before heading back to the resort to get ready for theme parks the next day!

Texas84

We drive down from Georgia. First go to Shades of Green to get our ridiculously discounted military passes (although I sprung for the AP this year). Check-in, unpack, have a nice resort dinner, then relax the rest of the evening.

Graham9

On day of arrival (which is usually late afternoon) it's explore resort and make our way to Downtown Dis for a bite to eat and a wander to help overcome jet lag. First full day (and last full day) is Magic Kingdom. Get in and soak up the atmosphere, decide what we are going to do there and go for it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We don't really have any first day things we have to do because sometimes we arrive in the afternoon, sometimes not until around midnight. Plus it varies because we like to take advantage of EMH so depending on what day we arrive it might be Epcot we do first of HS. We do have traditions that we have to do like riding the carousel, eating at 'Ohana, sitting by the castle at night, and we like to make MK our last park.

CrazyDisneyLady

First stop DTD for Earl of Sandwich...then back to the hotel to check on baggage and freshen up and then off to MK take in the beauty as you first go down Mainstreet and get the first glimpse of the castle. Love this feeling, then off to get my Dole Whip and people watch for a bit.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Depends on where we are staying. When at SSR or OKW, we head to DtD for Earl of Sandwich and an adult beverage. If at BWV or BCV, we head to the Rose & Crown for a Carl's Combo.

PrincessMia

Since we drive, we usually arrive around lunchtime. For the past few years, we've hit DTD for lunch. Our first full day always starts at Magic Kingdom! The first of the castle kicks off vacation for us. We are T minus 63 days and counting till our next trip. Woo hoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom