First concept art for *cringes* phineas & ferb redo of Imagination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Neo

Original Poster
So uh yea please tell me this ISNT what I think it is....

attachment.php

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Some guy on Miceage is insisting it's legit. Also notice they are removing the glass pyramids from the roof probably getting rid of the whole upstairs because people ask too many questions why Disney keeps it closed.

"We know you guys love Figment & Dreamfinder and I can asure you that figment isn't going anywhere!"

Go **** yourself Bob

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Honestly, P&F would fit the theme. Have you seen the program? Some episodes are extremely clever. Plus, it's internal IP. Isn't that what people want?

No for Epcot we want original ideas not based on any IP. It is a science and discovery park and should be treated as such. If they want to utilize an IP they can bring back Dreamfinder and a version of Figment more inline with the original and create a new experience that is based off the original attraction.

These are theme parks not malls to advertise whatever IP Disney wants to push and sell merchandise for.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Just because art might have been made as some point doesn't mean anything.

Also why is that one chick with the afro more cartoony and dressed like the 70s? It's like she's photoshopped in. She is not a P&F character either.

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Just because art might have been made as some point doesn't mean anything.

Also why is that one chick with the afro more cartoony and dressed like the 70s? It's like she's photoshopped in. She is not a P&F character either.

Ironically that is the weird Go Go Dancer scientist that everyone hates from Spaceship Earth. The one that looks like they were too lazy to create a proper outfit for so threw together some weird 70s stereotype instead.

Captain Neo

Original Poster
That's old and dates to at least a 4 or 6 months ago when the P&F rumors for Imagination started. I'm not saying that P&F is not coming to Imagination, but I don't think that concept art means anything at this point.

Isn't "Theme Park Connection" the internal news for Disney employees? Seems like the pic was taken during a sneak peak video for whats coming.

Tim_4

These are theme parks not malls to advertise whatever IP Disney wants to push and sell merchandise for.
You know Walt invented Disneyland SPECIFICALLY as a way to bring people into the stories of EXISTING IP right? The parks and the media are supposed to interact and inform one another. That's the whole point.

Plus, I'd rather have a kid tricked into liking science by candy coating it than have him scoff and walk away from a robot that bores him to tears.

Rose&Crowner

No for Epcot we want original ideas not based on any IP. It is a science and discovery park and should be treated as such. If they want to utilize an IP they can bring back Dreamfinder and a version of Figment more inline with the original and create a new experience that is based off the original attraction.

Is that the Royal "we?" We think you seem to think you are better at running Disney than Disney is.

Tim_4

Hasn't this been covered A LOT before. And Theme Park Connection is a store that sells stuff bought from Cast Connection and Property Control
In a manner that, by rights, should see a whole pack of cast members fired on a weekly basis.

Captain Neo

Original Poster
You know Walt invented Disneyland SPECIFICALLY as a way to bring people into the stories of EXISTING IP right? The parks and the media are supposed to interact and inform one another. That's the whole point.

This statement has no basis in fact but is the current official statement whenever Disney does something that gets fan backlash.

Plus, I'd rather have a kid tricked into liking science by candy coating it than have him scoff and walk away from a robot that bores him to tears.

What is wrong with Dreamfinder and Figment for that? Or lavish attractions like Horizons? or wholy new original concepts?

Oh right those require investing responsibly in the parks, a daring vision, and imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom