First character you met

jrriddle

It was Goofy at Disneyland.
I was 5 years old and scared out of my mind!
But I wanted to meet Mickey really badly (the point of the whole trip as far as I was concerned).
So I mustered up all my courage and with a push from my folks I went up to him and said:
"GGGGGGooofffffy wwwwhere's MMMMickey???"
Goof shook my hand and pointed me in the right direction.
No fear when I saw the Mouse. It made my whole trip.
This is my mom's favorite Disney story. She loves to show the picture of me and Goofy (I came up to his waist) and tell the story to who ever I'm dating.
My current girlfriend has heard it a few times and now likes to tell it to people.
Scary but all worth it in the end.

EpcotGrl

First trip was 1997, post-Graduation extravaganza (I was 18! I was a deprived child!!), and our Girl Scout Troop took our first character picture with Goofy at Epcot...*sniffles* Aw, memories....

9 DAYS!!!

drew81

I went to MK for the first time when I was 5. Mickey was the very first that I can remember. He was so nice. Those are good memories.

iluvstitch

I was 2 on my first trip to WDW, so I don't really remember. My mom has a pic of me w/the 3 little pigs in Fantasyland, though. -Stephanie

DCL

I was 4 years old and it was my first trip to Disney... I met Space Goofy in Tomorrowland, and he has since been my favorite character!

netenyahoo

I don't remember meeting any characters when I was little at Disneyland. I remember going on Space Mountain the first time and Dumbo, etc., but no characters. I remember meetingSanta Goofy at Disneyland when I was probably 11. I think my parents didn't bother with characters when we were young. I need to ask them. I wonder if there are any pictures. I am going to ask my mom this sunday when I call her.

aimster

Originally posted by Gucci65
This one will be for the over 30 crowd. It was way back in 1973, I was 8 yrs old and the first character we ever met was the Florida Orange Bird. Anyone remember that?

ORANGE BIRD! OMG I loved the Orange Bird! I even had a toy Orange Bird when I was a kid! I totally remember seeing him by the Tiki Room back int he day.

hoppypooh

Our first WDW was our wedding/honeymoon earlier this year. The first characters we met were at our wedding reception at the Grand Floridian. The mice were oogling my dress and the fairy godmother said a "magic spell" over our wedding rings. Then Cinderella came up and told me that I could take a picture with her prince if she could take one with mine! We both felt so special!

swimmom

I can't remember the first character I meet. It was way back in the early 70's. However I do remember the first character my daughter meet was Mickey near the America Pavillion in the World Showcase.

Gucci65

Originally posted by aimster
ORANGE BIRD! OMG I loved the Orange Bird! I even had a toy Orange Bird when I was a kid! I totally remember seeing him by the Tiki Room back int he day.

I'm relieved. I know that most people on this board are under 30 so I was really hoping someone would remember!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

LoriMistress

The first time I went to WDW, my first character I met was Donald Duck...he is my absolute favorite!!! He is the utter man, I could relate to that duck so much. When I saw him, I gave him a big hug.

diddy_mouse

i believe my first character was Pinocchio or possibly Pluto at Disneyland and i was about 4 years old. haven't really run into any characters since then. :(

but i shall try to get my fiance in a picture with the mouse himself :D

John Baynes

First Character

:)

The first time I went to WDW was in 1998 and I was 47. (How is that for old.) My family and I were having dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern and Minnie came up to me. To make a long story very short she was quite the flirt. My wife and daughter were in tears fo laughter and to this day athey still talk about it. After Minnie flirted we got a very nice picture. My daughter has it now, keeps saying something about blackmail at a later date. It was a very memorable time. :lol: :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom