First Animal KIngdom Visit

imagineersrock

my first visit was on the unofficial opening; when they had the passholder preview days going on.

keep in mind, there was no asia yet, no dino-rama, and not everything was running at full capacity yet...

however, i entered the park and was simply blown away. i was completely immersed in disney magic. this was the most, and best theming i'd ever seen anywhere. i remember doing ITTBAB, which was hilarious and very well done. also, taking the boat ride around.. getting some great upclose looks at the tree of life. slowly riding by these large active gysers, and entering an african village. i remember walking through that village and feeling that awesome feeling that i had truly been transported to another world that only disney could pull of. i found the safari ride to be the most incredible animal experience that i'd ever experienced.. it was phenominal; especially because this is the closest thing that i would ever get to an actual african safari.
dino-land was remakable; it truly gave that "working boneyard" feel -that same "working studios" feel that mgm gave off in it's glory days. once again, [dinoland] just completely immersed me in it's themeing, from the great play area, to the "countdown to extinction" ride [now known as dinosaur] and even down to the tiny details -like the chalkboard signs in the restaurantosaurus on which different archeologists wrote their different finds of the day. And finally, FOTLK, IMO the best live show i've ever seen at disney.

might i add, i too am often considered a "coaster-hungry teen" but i can most certainly appreciate a great disney park when i see one and AK is just that.

think- this was the park JUST at opening... since then they have created another land that is home to one of the best animal exibits ive seen in a long time, as well as one of the best water attractions i've ever ridden.. sure it's a little short.. but i remember being blown away by it the first time i rode it.. especially at the fact that there was a fairly large drop on a rapids ride..! there have also since been other additions, including dino-rama, which i have my own opinions about, and i'm sure you have yours.

all-in-all, ak has only been improving these past few years, and once everest opens up.. i think the park will finally begin to round out, and people will start giving credit where credit is due. If trends continue, i think there's a good chance this park will become my second favorite, if not favorite park on property.

that is all.:cool:

barnum42

Originally posted by cookiee_munster
Is this still the show with those parade floats that come out and everyone has to make animal noises???

Yes, though they have now enclosed the theatre, which lets the lighting rig work to its full benefit.

Pixie Duster

To me after seeing Festival of Lion King and Tarzon ROCKS, multiple times I still think Festival beats Tarzan by a pretty good margin. To me it is much more passionate and inspiring. But to each their own.

jodez21

I for one have never been to the animal kingdom. As much as i want to go, i've just never been presented with the chance. I am really excited for whenever i get to go for the first time, and i'm glad that i read some stuff on this site that hopefully will enhance my experience. I am really excited for going thought because there are so many different perspectives on this place. I'm kind of one of those people who just want to go on the rides and stuff:p but ill try my best to take it in with an open mind, ect.. and hopefully i'll join the side of people who love the a.k.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom