First and Last Things To Do

EvilQueen81

1st thing we do is to go to MK and stand there in shock for a minute or so and then ride the TTA.:sohappy:

Last thing- we aways finish at MK, usually riding splash, space , and big thunder as many times as we can, then we just like taking our time and soaking it all in.:cry:

real mad hatter

It's a tradition for us.

Well we usually have a morning flight from Glasgow and arrive at our resort around 5.00pm.So after unpacking and have dinner,it's always MK just to see that I didn't dream it and the castle does exist.And always the last thing we do is visit downtown Disney [our 14 day ticket is used up anyway] so we do last minute shopping.:wave:

dave&di

Well we usually have a morning flight from Glasgow and arrive at our resort around 5.00pm.So after unpacking and have dinner,it's always MK just to see that I didn't dream it and the castle does exist.And always the last thing we do is visit downtown Disney [our 14 day ticket is used up anyway] so we do last minute shopping.:wave:

After a flight from London, all I do is have a shower, look round the resort and have something to eat and then I sleep! No way could I go to a park after being up for 20 hours! MK next morning for me!

real mad hatter

Come on!Sleep.

After a flight from London, all I do is have a shower, look round the resort and have something to eat and then I sleep! No way could I go to a park after being up for 20 hours! MK next morning for me!

No way could I go to sleep.The flight time from Glasgow is between 8 & 9 hrs and I usually get a few hours nap,after my wee glass of champers followed by a few wee brandies,it's no problem.:ROFLOL:But after the cases are unpacked and a quick shower,even a late night pizza will do us,but I've got to see that castle!:wave:

Mongomil

For us the first thing is hitting the bakery at MK for a cupcake. To close things out we have nothing set that we do. One trip was hitting Haunted Mansion another was breakfast at Ohana. So no set pattern for leaving just whatever makes us feel good for that last day.

Disney61

Typicaly we start out and finish with the Magic Kingdom and dinner at Kona on the first night. This year we are staying at Boardwalk and will open with Epcot and dinner at Via Napoli but we will still spend our last day at the Magic Kingdom :)

Susan Savia

First and last ride......Spaceship Earth. Our first and last day is always spent at Epcot. Catching Off Kilter several times, getting my pearl in Japan, lunch at Liberty Inn, a bench over looking the water etc

Tomi-Rocket

First thing, if our room is ready is to unpack & get the room set up and situated. Unless we have an ADR someplace, that's the very first thing we do.

The last thing we are supposed to do and is also supposed to be somewhat of a "family tradition" is to eat at Beaches & Cream on the day we leave. This didn't happen on our last trip because things seemed to go awry but it's definitely back in the plans next year! :animwink:

Weather_Lady

Magic Kingdom always "bookends" our vacation. We start with a stroll down Main Street U.S.A., during which I inevitably start to cry tears of joy, for reasons I can't fully explain. Then it's off to Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, and the Haunted House.

On our last day, we return to the Magic Kingdom, re-ride our favorite attractions, and watch the fireworks. On the way out, I cry again, for good measure. ; )

GHOST1000

Usually mk first, then Cali grille for dinner to watch the fireworks, leaving usually SSE, and email the video back home to watch and relive it when we get back

SulleyanBoo

We do normally always start with MK but each day varies depending on the park hours mostly. We normall always do MK and Epcot at least twice and AK and HS once.

2 days until our trip!--sorry just had to say it :lookaroun

dave&di

No way could I go to sleep.The flight time from Glasgow is between 8 & 9 hrs and I usually get a few hours nap,after my wee glass of champers followed by a few wee brandies,it's no problem.:ROFLOL:But after the cases are unpacked and a quick shower,even a late night pizza will do us,but I've got to see that castle!:wave:

That's where I'm going wrong, I must remember to get p#$$ed and pass out on the plane. I'm sure I will then feel as fresh as a daisy! :ROFLOL:

chrissyw14

I kindof like going to DHS the first day and riding TOT because it might be my favorite ride, I love the hopper pass because its my favorite to go to multiple parks in one day, it would depress me at the parks to think its my last day I can go to any of my parks to my favorite attractions.

fosse76

On our most recent trip to WDW, we decided to start our first day in DHS, and didn't make it to MK until day three. We ended our trip with shopping and dinner downtown.

My family all knew that we had made a big mistake. :hammer: For us, it felt all wrong to not start our trip with a visit to MK. Going to DHS, and then AK, on the first two days made it feel like we weren't "officially" there yet. From now on, we will always start at MK and our family stroll up Main Street.

That being said, ending with Downtown allowed us to enjoy some final moments together as a family, without the rush to get to an attraction or the distractions that come with the parks. It was great to have that time to connect before we went back to "real life."

What are the first and last things you always do on a visit to WDW?

I've never understood that mentality, that MK MUST be done first or you're not at Disney. I think maybe you were too focused on not having been to MK that you weren't maximizing your enjoyment of the other parks.

Not that I don't somewhat agree. In my "planning", I pick the MK to go to first so that I FEEL like I'm at Disney. However, when I have started at other parks first, I still get that feeling. So it never affects me that way. But I generally like to start at MK because usually those are the attractions I most want to experience first.

6laurac

I've never understood that mentality, that MK MUST be done first or you're not at Disney. I think maybe you were too focused on not having been to MK that you weren't maximizing your enjoyment of the other parks.

Not that I don't somewhat agree. In my "planning", I pick the MK to go to first so that I FEEL like I'm at Disney. However, when I have started at other parks first, I still get that feeling. So it never affects me that way. But I generally like to start at MK because usually those are the attractions I most want to experience first.

I gotta agree , MK is what we quintessentially think of as Disney :wave: so when we go we got to Epcot first so that we savor the trip to MK the second day even more. So we ride Spaceship Earth first and then the last thing we do is go to either Downtown Disney for my sweatshirt or to MK for the final Dole Whip of the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom