First ADR?

DisneyDayDreamer

Original Poster
Does anyone know what time the first set of dining reservations are at MK? Also, how early do the cast members allow for you to enter the park if you have one of those reservations?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Breakfast ADRs begin at 8 am. All guests are allowed to enter the park at 8 now. Those will breakfast ADRs check in with a cast member in the hub area and are directed where to go for BOG, CRT and CP. Everyone else has to remain in the hub/Main Street area until the park officially opens at 9 am.

DisneyDayDreamer

Original Poster
Breakfast ADRs begin at 8 am. All guests are allowed to enter the park at 8 now. Those will breakfast ADRs check in with a cast member in the hub area and are directed where to go for BOG, CRT and CP. Everyone else has to remain in the hub/Main Street area until the park officially opens at 9 am.

They let you in at the time of your reservation although they say to be there at least 15-20 minutes before?

gwklam

They let you in at the time of your reservation although they say to be there at least 15-20 minutes before?

I asked this question a couple weeks ago too. So I cannot confirm on my own experience yet since my trip to DisneyWorld will start Jan 14, 2018.

The answer I got is that even though my own Cinderella's Royal Table reservation is at 8am exactly, I still wont be allowed in the park until 8am.... so essentially I would be a little late for my reservation, since it would take couple minutes to walk to the castle.

My real goal would have been to jog through mainstreet and to the front of the castle so no one is blocking my photos.

WDW_Jon

I would of thought you’d be allowed to enter prior to 8 if your ADR is for 8?
Not sur how much sooner but we were hoping to do CRystal palace on our next trip and be in prior to 8 even if only for 10mins!? :eek:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sorry to disappoint you @DisneyDayDreamer @gwklam and @WDW_Jon but new procedures at the MK have eliminated the "early entry" perk of a pre-park opening ADR. Security concerns moved the MK Welcome Show from on top of the train station to inside the park at the castle. Allowing all guests to enter the turnstiles at 8 am disperses the large crowd that used to gather in front of the Mickey floral waiting for park opening. Additionally, with the shops on Main Street now opening at 8 am, there is the bonus of an extra hour of revenue.

You needn't worry about being late for an 8 am ADR as no guests can possibly get there in time (as everyone is in the same boat.) Why Disney does not have 8:15 as the first ADR time I do not know, but the system apparently works or it would be changed.

I have spoken with CMs and have frequented MK several times since this new procedure and there is no way for guests with 8 am ADRs to enter the park earlier than anyone else.

This is what pre-park opening breakfast check in looks like now:
IMG_8669.JPG

IMG_8668.JPG

DisneyDayDreamer

Original Poster
Sorry to disappoint you @DisneyDayDreamer @gwklam and @WDW_Jon but new procedures at the MK have eliminated the "early entry" perk of a pre-park opening ADR. Security concerns moved the MK Welcome Show from on top of the train station to inside the park at the castle. Allowing all guests to enter the turnstiles at 8 am disperses the large crowd that used to gather in front of the Mickey floral waiting for park opening. Additionally, with the shops on Main Street now opening at 8 am, there is the bonus of an extra hour of revenue.

You needn't worry about being late for an 8 am ADR as no guests can possibly get there in time (as everyone is in the same boat.) Why Disney does not have 8:15 as the first ADR time I do not know, but the system apparently works or it would be changed.

I have spoken with CMs and have frequented MK several times since this new procedure and there is no way for guests with 8 am ADRs to enter the park earlier than anyone else.

View attachment 237494

View attachment 237493

I understand safety concerns, but this kinda eliminates my drive for an ADR first thing before park open.

DisneyDayDreamer

Original Poster
Did you too, want to see any empty-ish park?

I wonder how early we have to get to the park to be at the front of the gates before opening.

I did. I remember going as a child and taking photos on Main Street before heading to Chrystal Palace for breakfast. It is truly a bummer...

gwklam

I did. I remember going as a child and taking photos on Main Street before heading to Chrystal Palace for breakfast. It is truly a bummer...

I guess we just have to jog into the park now right after 8am opening starts and take whatever photo we can.

Or we can use the power of photoshop (had to take 2 pictures and combine the right parts together) to remove people like what I did here at Cars Land haha.

WDW_Jon

Thanks for the details... glad I know this now even though my trip isn’t until Oct 18.
Not visited since 2015 so all changed since then and I was aware of the new opening ceremony arrangement but assumed People would still be held back until 8.30.

Youngest sons first real trip so we were going for CP to get in early and let him see main st and the castle without the crowds on the first day which would of made the $200 breakfast bill worth it but not sure now :(

Thanks again :)

View attachment 237494

View attachment 237493

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for the details... glad I know this now even though my trip isn’t until Oct 18.
Not visited since 2015 so all changed since then and I was aware of the new opening ceremony arrangement but assumed People would still be held back until 8.30.

Youngest sons first real trip so we were going for CP to get in early and let him see main st and the castle without the crowds on the first day which would of made the $200 breakfast bill worth it but not sure now :(

Thanks again :)
Glad to help. I am one who misses the way it used to be but understand the need for the change.

nickys

Premium Member
I have seen plenty of people saying that they were able to enter MK at 7:45 for a PPO ADR, as recently as last month and going back to March. So there is still a chance you could get in earlier than the rope drop crowd.

It might not always happen but plenty have done so. Also bear in mind if park hours change and it opens at 8, your PPO breakfast is suddenly not PPO. Depending on what your motives are for a PPO breakfast, you should keep an eye on park opening changes (in fact I would do that anyway).

CaptainAmerica

View attachment 237494

View attachment 237493
Is this VERY new? Or unique to the MK? Or both? When we visited in August, we were able to enter Epcot early for our 8:05 Garden Grill reservation.

nickys

Premium Member
Is this VERY new? Or unique to the MK? Or both? When we visited in August, we were able to enter Epcot early for our 8:05 Garden Grill reservation.

Good point about the other parks. We had to register for an Epcot tour at 8:00 and joined the PPO breakfast line at 7:30, and we're let in about 10 minutes later, along with all the breakfast people too.

Like I said above, plenty of reports of people getting into MK at 7:45 from March through to last month.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom