Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace

Charjen

Original Poster
Has anyone done this for their little ones? Is it worth it?
OR- do you recommend another option for any of the firework shows?

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

We did it in May 2018, when our vacation dates happened to include our daughter's birthday and we wanted to mark the occasion with something special. We did the Plaza Garden Viewing, which in my opinion was better than staying on the Terrace, where the ceiling overhang can interfere with the view.

As far as if it was worth it, it was for us, as a one-and-done, given that we only visit every 2-3 years, had never seen the castle projection show before, and would never have the patience to wait in line for a decent spot to view it otherwise. (It also helped that the night we went, it had been raining cats and dogs all day, which continued up until just a few minutes before the show started, so the party was sparsely attended to begin with and there were only a handful of other partygoers in the reserved viewing area -- it's my understanding that when crowds are heavier and the party is booked solid, even the reserved area can get a bit crowded.) We also skipped dinner that night and relied on the dessert buffet as a meal replacement, and took several bottles of water with us when we left (at our server's suggestion, and with her encouragement).

However -- and this is the big difference -- when we went in May 2018, the cost for the dessert party for our family of 4 (I believe our daughter was still priced as a child) was $215. Now it's $280, and by February 2020, with the recent cost increases, the price for 4 adults for the same experience will be $320!!! (And of course, that's for the Plaza Garden viewing -- the Terrace viewing is even more expensive.) At that price, there is NO WAY we would find the experience to be worth it -- not even if they buried us in Brie and champagne instead of the chintzy cheddar cubes and sparkling juice that are currently offered! Whether it could be possibly be worth it to you depends on the size and ages of your family, and the amount of intrinsic value you place on the reserved viewing area.

Last edited:

danyoung56

I can't speak for kiddos. But I've done the dessert party twice - once while viewing at the Terrace, and once viewing in the special section up front. And for that one the view was incredible, but I still had to stand. For me, at the end of a long park-storming day, sitting is by far preferred.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I would not do it "for the little ones".
How young are they? If they are young enough for strollers then they can sit and relax until the show.
Also they likely won't get their money's worth in desserts if they are young and you may not even want them to get that hyped up in the evening.
If you want to do it then do it more because older kids/adults want to do it.

LavaLiz

Knowing the ages of the "little ones" would definitely help. To piggy pack on what others have said, if they will be in a stroller, you might not find as much value for the cost. I'm a big fan of dessert parties though! If your desire is to be seated with a great view and you have Frozen fans, I love the Frozen dessert party worth the cost. It feels more VIP, but comes with a price to match.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Knowing the ages of the "little ones" would definitely help. To piggy pack on what others have said, if they will be in a stroller, you might not find as much value for the cost. I'm a big fan of dessert parties though! If your desire is to be seated with a great view and you have Frozen fans, I love the Frozen dessert party worth the cost. It feels more VIP, but comes with a price to match.
I too love the Frozen dessert party although both times it was held inside first time due to cold temps and second time due to rain. In the case that it is inside it does feel a bit rushed and then you have to walk over yo the viewing area and you do have to stand.

LavaLiz

I too love the Frozen dessert party although both times it was held inside first time due to cold temps and second time due to rain. In the case that it is inside it does feel a bit rushed and then you have to walk over yo the viewing area and you do have to stand.
Excellent Point! Weather was pleasant during my experiences so I was able to leisurely enjoy the offerings during the fireworks while seated at a table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom