Fire Mountain ?

Stitchfan712

From what I've heard, it's going to be a very lame replacement: a children's play area. And I had gathered that BEFORE reading the other comments in this thread! :D

Fire Mountain

I'm still going with getting rid of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Not to be mean or ne thing but it doens't do anything but take up room. I bet people could agree with me. But I like the idea of Fire Mountain better than Balad Mountain. No offense. If neone does have blueprints of what Fire Mountain would be like it would be awsome! thx

MickeyMan101

~One man's dream is another man's Adventure!~

IM me at Manutdwanab18
or E-mail

Schwenkietow@hotmail.com

Indy95

DisneyRoxMySox said:
How about that Pinnochio Dark ride ? Aren't we the only MK not to have one ?
I'm not sure if DLP has Pinocchio, but if they did then yes. But I'm not too high on that ride, trust me when I tell you that you'd rather have Peter Pan, Pooh, and MR. TOAD. Grrrrr.

As for Swiss Family Robinson, I'm all for the Treehouse's demise, but ONLY to build a ride like Fire Mountain in its place. We DON'T want another Tarzan's Treehouse, the world already has one too many of those.

longfamily

The Tree must stay!!!!

SFRTH is a great attraction. How many of us grew up with that film? How neat is it to go to the actual tree house, especially for our kids that we have shared the movie with?

Repeat after me:
I love the tree
I love the tree
I love the tree
Never let the tree go away....

Feel Better?
:D

Fire Mountain!

Ok then keep SFRTH but does anyone have the blueprints to FM????? If you do and wont get into troubls showing me i'd love to see it. thx

MickeyMan101

~One man's dream is another man's Adventure!~

IM me at Manutdwanab18
or e-mail
Schwenkietwo@hotmail.com

Dr.Seeker

I don't think such a thing exists dude! If it does, it would have been pasted on this board more times than Britney Spears's cell-phone number in a boys' locker room.

Indy95

Dr.Seeker said:
I don't think such a thing exists dude! If it does, it would have been pasted on this board more times than Britney Spears's cell-phone number in a boys' locker room.
No, there is no doubt that this attraction exists. It just never got close enough to being greenlighted to have a public concept art released.

djronnieb

Now maybe I'm wrong, but if they were to build FM where 20k was, then from looking at the size of the empty space i really doubt it would even fit there, unless they tore down MTT, (which would be wonderful) and then the part about Robisons tree house, that piece of land if defientally way to small to build a coaster. Perhaps I'm wrong but I just get this from looking at the size SM and the other coasters take up....

Legacy

djronnieb said:
Now maybe I'm wrong, but if they were to build FM where 20k was, then from looking at the size of the empty space i really doubt it would even fit there, unless they tore down MTT, (which would be wonderful) and then the part about Robisons tree house, that piece of land if defientally way to small to build a coaster. Perhaps I'm wrong but I just get this from looking at the size SM and the other coasters take up....
If a Mountain was built on the 20K site, it would be built back on top of the rail road tracks (like Splash Mountain is). The 20K spot has a surprising amount of space. Swiss doesn't have enough to even worry about. A mountain in Adventureland would be built behind Pirates.

Legacy

MickeyMan101 said:
OK i'm starting to like the idea of putting FM behind Pirats! So will someone please push this idea??? I'm getting all excited!!!:) If anyone has any information e-mail me at Schwenkietwo@hotmail.com

MickeyMan101
The idea can't really get pushed right now. The design is made and it still sits in limbo, where we simply wait for the coffers to open enough to allow the attraction to be built. Corrus has already said it won't happen ( I would like to know why though...). So that is were it sits. Since concept art was never released for the attraction (and won't be unless it gets built), the people who DO have specifics are liable in what information they give. It can cost people their jobs to spill the information on something like this, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

tirian

Yes, the 20K site has enough room for a mountain: if the coaster got too large, WDI could easily add another tunnel to the RR.

Although I like both concepts, I think Fire Mountain should be built before Bald Mountain. First, it would re-establish Disney as a pathfinder in attraction technology (Mission: Space was supposed to do this, but it's basically just a centrifuge). Secondly, while the 20K site needs another attraction ASAP, WDI needs to fully realize the concept first. I don't know about anyone else, but I find the "Villain's Conference" theme incredibly lame. Disney has already slapped all the princesses together into one pink, plastic-grinned, cookie-cutter, big-busted conglomerate. They don't need to smash any other characters together. Don't get me wrong--I would love to see Bald Mountain constructed; and if done correctly, it would look great behind Cinderella's Castle (yes, I know I'm contradicting what I said earlier; but I remembered the Matterhorn after I posted). Maybe if Guests rode through the Magic Mirror and into a sort of villain-third-dimension... Anyway, "Hercules" is a pathetic film compared to Walt's films, and not worth plugging in the classic-inspired MK. And I'd rather have Malificent transform and attack me as a dragon than have Chernabog (which really just means "Satan" in another language) futilly grasp for me.

Regarding Mary Poppins and Sleepy Hollow, Disney released more information about the Africa pavilion that was supposed to be built in Epcot (but never fully planned) than they did about these two dark rides. As for Toad: due to the recent video/DVD re-release, the film is actually wildly popular with a lot of children (my sister specializes in elementary education, and I'm friends with a lot of teachers). Disney doesn't realize how popular some of their less-marketed classics, such as "Melody Time" and "Robin Hood" actually are. I guess they're too obsessed with Pooh--and they're pretty close to ruining him with overexposure.

I'm looking forward to having at least one of these attractions built. Part of me says, "Never"; but as an optimistic person, I keep reminding myself, "Hey, Eisner's nearly gone." :lol:

tirian

Almost forgot--the Magic Kingdom doesn't need a Pinocchio attraction unless it's EXTREMELY superior to the one in Disneyland!

...and the more I think about it, it would be fun for Monstro to swallow you and then drop on a villain ride, too!

Seriously, though, Fire Mountain has a better chance of being built. But I was wishing that on the upcoming Pirates refurb, Disney would add the Blue Bayou scene that's in Disneyland (they could just build it behind the existing show building and tie it into the track).

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Fire Mountain

Hey, I'm an optamistic person too!:animwink: Not to get off the subject but what are the levels of getting to a Imagineer?? Like do you have to go through some special training or something? Is it still that you have to go to Disney's collage? if you know(someone probably does) let me know. I'd like to be one someday!:)

MickeyMan101

IM me at Manutdwanab18
or e-mail me at
Schwenkietwo@hotmail.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom