Trip Report (FINISHED) The Neato, Don't Go, Is She Crying Again Trip Report!

So, this report is a little late but to be fair, I had every intention of writing it during my winter break and just couldn't find time! But now that I'm back being a full time student, doing observations, and working, I seem to have plenty of time!

When: December 12-19

Where: Wilderness Lodge

The Cast: I'm Anastasia (the lost Disney Princess) I jádore all things Disney, especially Beauty and the Beast! Next, we have my older brother, Artie, who enjoys meeting the face characters (primarily the women). Finally, there is my dad who listens to my mom, and my mom who plans EVERYTHING!

Without further ado , let's begin!

The trip began not so bright and early. For the first time ever, we left after the crack of dawn, around 9ish or so with our flight leaving around 10:30. Goodbye New Jersey, hello Florida!

waiting at the airport

This picture reminds me! Just take a look at all of that magical leg room in front of me! Don't ask how it happened, but we got placed in this magical row at random and definitely lucked out!

In just two short hours we were landing in Sunny Orlando! The car service we always hire to pick us up arrived a few minutes after us, but soon we were on our way! Upon checking in, I realized the guy at the desk went to college at Montclair University, where one of my best friend's goes! It's a small world after all. We lucked out and our room was all ready for us. We were on the side of the hotel closest to the boat and on the second floor. The only downside to our room was our lovely view of a murky swamp that bubbled (pictures later).

checking in!

After checking in and settling into our room we were all ready to eat. I honestly don't remember what I ate but I do know that I had a s'mores cupcake (arguably the best snack in all of Disney). The only issue we had here was upon receiving our refillable cups. My dad's never got activated properly so we had to go back and fix it, but no big deal!

Fun Fact: my dad can't smile and take a selfie at the same time

Before heading out to MGM...um, I mean Hollywood Studio's, we went back to the room to change into warmer clothes. Upon returning to the room we realized my brother's "magic" band was never activated, so back down to the front desk!

It wasn't long until we were on a bus and on our way. I do have to say, the buses this trip were boiling! I'm talking sickenly hot temperatures. It was awful. But soon enough were arrived to our destination!

Up Next: A Perfect Evening

party like it's 99

Original Poster
Let me start off by saying, I love Frozen, but Norway just isn't the same without the troll ride :(

Quick pose!

We take this picture every time we go!

Back to my homeland!

It's Domenic the Donkey! (please tell me you all know that beloved Christmas tune)

I've got the whole world, in my hands!

Japan!

Finally, we made our way to Canad where we would be stationing ourselves for Illuminations. For some reason my dad doesn't quite understand this show (I secretly think he does) and it's just funny. Unsurprisingly, I cried during the special Christmas ending (if you've noticed, I've cried every day...so far).

Since there was gonna be a line at our sauna of a bus anyway, we figured we should stop and explore.

Back to our roots!

"Anastasia, get out of the picture!"

That's all for tonight, thanks for reading!

mrdrift

That was an great day at Epcot. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time walking around the World Showcase. All of the pictures with all the different hats adds a lot of humor to the report. How was the food in the Germany pavilion? Following along.

party like it's 99

Original Poster
Day 6

The day started out with me dragging my brother out of bed to spend the day out and about with me while the parentals stayed back for a day at the pool. I was on a mission to spend the day at my favorite park before they took away the beloved sorcerers hat once and for all.

Once he finally got up we were on our way to hit our first fast pass at toy story mania! It may be true that he won, but my accuracy was better so I kind of won.

Since I didn't let Artie stop for breakfast this morning, because priorities, we went over to Starring Rolls for some cupcake...I mean lunch! I had the turkey sandwich and he had the ham sandwich. We ultimately ended up splitting a red velvet cupcake and a chocolate cupcake. Both were fab!

After this we went over to see if we could get into a drawing class, but we missed it by about five people! No problem, we'll go see Indiana Jones! We were sitting right up front and I did everything I could to get picked as a volunteer, but they didn't seem to see my star like potential and didn't pick me. Anyway, I guess I haven't seen this show in a very very super long time because I was so fooled by their actor who plays an audience member! I was freaking out when they revealed it! Brava! Excellent acting!

Following the show, I thought I could swing a ride on Star Tours (Artie sat out). It was fun but this guy yelled at me when I was entering the ride for me to take my ears off so the people behind me could see; like yeah i was going to sir, let me sit down first, relax. After the ride I found Artie and made a mad dash to see Beauty and the Beast (my favorite!). I was getting a little nervous that the arena was full, but they let us in! Belle and Gaston were perfect and it was lovely as always.

According to my pictures we saw the Frozen Sing a Long one last time, but it's not in my notes.

My notes say that it was time for my heartfelt goodbye to the hat. Here's where the DON'T GO part of the title comes in.

Then I thought, "hmm I've never touched the hat before, so it's not or never!" I love this hat!

Please don't go!

Trust me, there's a lot more than that but for the sake of your sanity I won't post them. Overall I'm still really sad about them ripping away my childhood from my favorite park, but hey, who am I to get a say?

After this we made our way out of the park and waited for a bus. The bus was so boiling hot that we contemplated getting off at Fort Wilderness and walking the rest of the way because we were so nauseous! They should really regulate bus temperature. Anyway...

Up Next - The Big Cheese

Last edited:

party like it's 99

Original Poster
That's all for tonight (I know, lame, only one post). But my college threw a knot in my plans, turns out I'm graduating early in December, which sounds good, but that wasn't the plan. Also, in case anyone is interested, my college is officially a university as of yesterday! I'll be sure to write more tomorrow night, more as in more than one post!

party like it's 99

Original Poster
That was an great day at Epcot. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time walking around the World Showcase. All of the pictures with all the different hats adds a lot of humor to the report. How was the food in the Germany pavilion? Following along.
Thanks! And honestly, the food isn't that great, unless you're into weird sausages. But they have good mac and cheese and an overall great atmosphere!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom