Fingerprinting at the Parks

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
So they push a button and wave you in. Hmm, sounds like code for "watch this one with the eye in the sky" to me!!! The plot thickens. Stay tuned for more updates from secret service central, from the bowles of Tunnelville, right here in sunny, oops, almost gave away my super secret location. Whew!!! That was a close one. Then I would have had to hunt you all down one and one, and....well, let's just say there'd be no need for that super secret biometric finger scan anymore.

leebier

Biometrics....

Not only do we have a government conspiracy to control our minds and monitor our entertainment, but now we're going to have those crazy actors in that cultish religion trying to sell us books with volcanos on the cover, just like th TV commercials.

:lol:

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I didn't do very well in my biometrics class in high school. It was cutting up those poor frogs that got to me. Then, I saw the microcassette inside one of them, and that was it for me........this one time at band camp............

The_CEO

It is amazing how many people don't know how to use the machines. I've seen grown adults put their whole hand in the hole. It humors me to see the CM's cheer when I go in quickly. All I can picture them thinking is:

" THANK THE LORD! SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO USE THE MACHINES!"

miles1

Sorry to get back on track here, but....

During our last trip in February, we found this system to be a royal pain in the buttocks. It was slowing down the lines unbelievably, and the CM's at the gates seemed overwhelmed with all the problems (and short tempered to boot). And the parks weren't even crowded. My wife and I were wondering what would happen in the really busy season, like this week. If they suspended the system this week, it wouldn't suprise me.

I realize they had to do something about the illegal ticket sales, but I have to wonder if someone at Disney isn't regretting the decision to go with this system. Has anyone heard anything?

Woody13

Do you recall Edna Mode (E) from The Incredibles? In her domain it required palm print, iris scan and voice recognition to gain access. These devices are not fiction. The current finger scans at WDW are just the first baby step toward biometric recognition. The only factor now is cost benefit. You will see increased use of these devices.

The_CEO

Woody13 said:
Do you recall Edna Mode (E) from The Incredibles? In her domain it required palm print, iris scan and voice recognition to gain access. These devices are not fiction. The current finger scans at WDW are just the first baby step toward biometric recognition. The only factor now is cost benefit. You will see increased use of these devices.

Edna Mode...
[laser guns point at Elastigirl]
...and guest.
[laser guns retract]

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
And then comes the id #'s implanted under your skin so that Walt can identify you when you visit. I heard that he, Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa, and Howard Hughes are going to work together on a joint venture.

Elvis has been voted Grand Poobah (or, The King), and will rule from on high. (or Graceland). Walt will run the entertainment division, Jimmy Hoffa the tr__________g and distribution, and Howard Hughes will be in charge of Travel.

I heard Edna is coming up with the costumes that all who work for them will be required to wear. Super Secret watches will be issued, along with the Super Super Secret handshake in order to enter the premises each day.

Woody13

The_CEO said:
Edna Mode...
[laser guns point at Elastigirl]
...and guest.
[laser guns retract]

Based upon my perception of the image, those were not laser guns. I think they would fire real lead if activated. I could be wrong. :lol:

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Ahh, but if they were real lead, that would block the energy field that the scanners create around you when you check into the parks so that you can be monitored during your entire trip. That's how everyone knows exactly what you need and when you need it. You mean, you guys didn't know all of this stuff? Wait a minute.....I didn't ask you guys for the password. Hmmm....wondering now if I should..

RetiringIn2005

Last week, it seemed to me that the finger scanning was slowing down entrance into all the parks we went, especially Epcot. Most folks just didn't know how to use the scanner and were not putting their fingers in far enough.

pinkrose

hcwalker16 said:
All-guests using the Magic Your Way passes are required to be scanned. No other passes, except AP's require this. However, all non-scanning passes have been phased out, so you will need to scan unless you bought your passes prior to the MYW introduction. Confusing enough? :)
We bought my husbands 5 day hopper before they phased them out and brought in the MYW's (I have an AP). He had do use the finger scan each time he entered the parks. This was last month.

PhotoDave219

The_CEO said:
It is amazing how many people don't know how to use the machines. I've seen grown adults put their whole hand in the hole. It humors me to see the CM's cheer when I go in quickly. All I can picture them thinking is:

" THANK THE LORD! SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO USE THE MACHINES!"

Ive actually said that before.....

mrtoad

It also serves the wonderful purpose of transfering everybody else's scuzzyness onto everyone else's hands....

I am a closet germaphobe. :hurl:

The_CEO

I wash my hands everytime I enter the park... I'm not getting sick after seeing a child stick his hand in his mouth...

Woody13

mrtoad said:
It also serves the wonderful purpose of transfering everybody else's scuzzyness onto everyone else's hands....

I am a closet germaphobe. :hurl:

The_CEO said:
I wash my hands everytime I enter the park... I'm not getting sick after seeing a child stick his hand in his mouth...

I have often thought about opening concession stands in each park that would sell little 1 oz. bottles of antibacterial hand sanitizer. Naturally, the carts would be located very near the entrance to entice the germaphobes. :lol:

Dr. Seeker

se8472 said:
I never thought that people would walk away thinking they have been finger printed.

Hey, people just don't pay any attention. Here's an example...I was at the swimming pool of my hotel talking to a lady who was gonna take her sons to Disney World. The hotel was IN Orlando (though not a Disney hotel) and she was going to go in about 2 days so I said..."Which parks are you doing?" and she says "There's only one, isn't there?"
So, yeah, I can see people thinking they got finger printed.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Did you guys know that the Cms who operate the carts are really super secret park agents?

They monitor your movements thru the use of high tech GPS technology imbedded in the streets throughout the parks. Then they report back to HQ on a highly sophisticated communication system hidden in their carts. Look very closely the next time you buy that Turkey Leg.

DisneyInMyVeins

Hmm, this seems weird to me. When I went in January, my boyfriend's dad held all of our tickets in his wallet. He'd give us each a different ticket every time I'm sure...How come we had no trouble getting in?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom