Finger Readers/Ticket Readers

EvilEmperorZurg

Original Poster
Does anyone know why Disney changed all of the ticket machines at the entrances to the parks to make everyone use their figures before entering the parks? Every cast member that I ask when I enter a park says they don't know but wishes that they would change them back. It causes nothing but long lines, especially when people do not put their figures in all the way. Some people do not know what to do since they have not seen them before. I think that they are more of an inconvenience for most people.<O:p</O:p

The only thing that I can think of is to keep 1 ticket attached to one person so that they can not give it to someone else? I do not know. Someone please provide some input...It was fine when only annual pass holders had to use them. I t gave you a kind of mystery. Especially when people in line would be looking at you wondering what you were doing and why they did not have to use it.
<O:p</O:p
Buzz Light year will be destroyed! hahahahahaha<O:p></O:p>

<O:p></O:p>

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Tickets are nontransferable. The new ticketing system makes subsequent park days cheaper and cheaper per day.

This is for a good reason, the regular trend is guest habit is to do less and less each subsequent day of their trip. Sorta like how AP holders go to maybe just have a hot dog and watch a parade - a single day ticket holder is trying to get everything out of it.

So, instead of 10 day ticket have less and less "use" each day, someone would give it to a friend and thus it would have double the "use" because it's a new person.

Someone's gonna come and say "Well i do everything every day!" but the averages and stats say most people don't

It also prevent people abusing discounts, such as FL resident discounts - which as noted in another thread are intended for FL residents.

Finally, it prevents ticket-resellers from buying half-used tickets from tourists and selling them from stands on the side of the road. Aside from the obvius revenue loss - they often were selling tickets with fewer or no days on them and left Disney to deal with the problem at the gate.

Seriously - how many people would accept that they bought scalped tickets and it's not Disney's fault when you're 5 feet from being inside the Magic Kingdom?

Thus, they serve a purpose.

Robfasto

I have seen them, set them to by-pass when it gets really crowded. Since you never know when they are going to do that you have to always assume that they are so you can't used other peoples tickets.

On my trip last month I timed how long it took to get in the parks at it was an average of about 5 minutes which isn't bad for the money I am saving on multi-day tickets now.

Connor002

i think it more or less just for show at the moment, most times when there is a problem the cast member just lets them through anyway

eventually, they'll get all the kinks worked out

i hope

Tom

Beta Return
mousermerf said:
Tickets are nontransferable. The new ticketing system makes subsequent park days cheaper and cheaper per day.

This is for a good reason, the regular trend is guest habit is to do less and less each subsequent day of their trip. Sorta like how AP holders go to maybe just have a hot dog and watch a parade - a single day ticket holder is trying to get everything out of it.

So, instead of 10 day ticket have less and less "use" each day, someone would give it to a friend and thus it would have double the "use" because it's a new person.

Someone's gonna come and say "Well i do everything every day!" but the averages and stats say most people don't

It also prevent people abusing discounts, such as FL resident discounts - which as noted in another thread are intended for FL residents.

Finally, it prevents ticket-resellers from buying half-used tickets from tourists and selling them from stands on the side of the road. Aside from the obvius revenue loss - they often were selling tickets with fewer or no days on them and left Disney to deal with the problem at the gate.

Seriously - how many people would accept that they bought scalped tickets and it's not Disney's fault when you're 5 feet from being inside the Magic Kingdom?

Thus, they serve a purpose.

Excellent explanation Merf!

My family has four people so our tickets always get mixed up. And I never had a problem getting in when I put my fingers in the scanner. So my question is does the bone scan actually work...or does it just serve as a deterent to people who would re-sell tix?

I have had the same experience. With my AP the ticket advances through the machine before I even put my fingers in. 3 months ago I had to keep my fingers in for probably 5-7 seconds.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
AbsolutDiznee said:
My family has four people so our tickets always get mixed up. And I never had a problem getting in when I put my fingers in the scanner.

The database knows which tickets were purchased together. As long as the biometrics match one of those tickets, it will let you in.

Connor002

MrNonacho said:
The database knows which tickets were purchased together. As long as the biometrics match one of those tickets, it will let you in.
really?

if so, they really have thought this one through

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
MrNonacho said:

That is pretty ingenious.

But what what about those those 40+ Brazilian Tour Groups?
Will the system keep up with all their biometrics also, so that the tour leader can run ahead and get the Fastpasses? :lookaroun

What is the limit on groups that can be held in the database?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom