Finding Nemo - The Update

keviekev05

Well, the show was open to the public today. I was at the very first show (10:00) and boy was the energy high! I don't want to say too much, but I believe this show is going to be VERY popular!

Plutofan1

Well, the show was open to the public today. I was at the very first show (10:00) and boy was the energy high! I don't want to say too much, but I believe this show is going to be VERY popular!

How good was it compared to Festival of the Lion King? Do you have any pics? I'm glad you enjoyed the show!!

keviekev05

No pictures here. :(

They stated twice (once recorded and once by an executive who made an announcement before the show) that there was to be no flash photography or videotaping. I was all set to videotape, but I didn't want to press my luck. It was interesting...normally they say no external lighting on video cameras for shows, but not this time...

Regarding if it's better than "Festival of the Lion King", it just really depends on people's taste. This show was fairly long (I believe around 35-40 minutes) so that can turn people off easily...especially with younger ones. But, it's entirely possible that they will take things out since they are truly just "testing" it for now (though I didn't mind the length). The scenery and sets and all the puppetry really was quite amazing. It is a visually stunning show!

Jessie&Buzz

Thanks for the update! The kids and I are looking forward to seeing this when we go in Dec. We love the Lion King. I hoped that Nemo would be just as good.

CTXRover

Thanks for the update keviekev05. I plan on seeing the show during the December 3rd passholder preview. I've been looking forward to it a lot ever since I saw the publicity shots of the puppets. Perhaps this is an odd question, but what does the interior of the theater look like? Is it themed or pretty much just a big box inside? Also, does the theater have "real" seats now, as in individual seats with arm rests, or is it still the bleacher style set-up?

keviekev05

Thanks for the update keviekev05. I plan on seeing the show during the December 3rd passholder preview. Perhaps this is an odd question, but what does the interior of the theater look like? Is it themed or pretty much just a big box inside? Also, does the theater have "real" seats now, as in individual seats with arm rests, or is it still the bleacher style set-up?

The inside was dimly lit for the most part, so I didn't really pay attention to what it looked like. From what I recall, it was basically just blue all around. The seating is exactly the same as Tarzan Rocks! unfortunately. I believe they are even the same wooden benches. There is still the ramp from center stage into the audience and also the pathway between the lower and upper seating sections is still used (both for guest flow and the performers). The stage has been modified slightly and it looks great!

malice

The seating is exactly the same as Tarzan Rocks! unfortunately. I believe they are even the same wooden benches.

ew...you'd think with all that time refurbing the theatre they'd at least put in individual plush seating. nevertheless, i'm still greatly anticipating this show for my next visit (it's actually one of the main reasons why i booked a long delayed trip). 2 more weeks!

SeanC

I hope not. USO doesn't seem like a match for BMG. Here's hoping its just BTTF.

On a side note, just checked with BMG and they are coming to Orlando's TDWaterhouse center in Feb. What is interesting about that is BMG doesn't tour to the cities that have or will have a permanant show.

Actully, the first BMG tour played NYC at Town Hall, and thats where the first sit down production of Blue Man is. Blue Man artistic director Puck Quinn pretty much confirmed the sit-down Universal show in FL in a podcast last month on bluemanlibrary.com, and a personal source at BMG (upper level exec)confirmed to me negotiations were under way last month as well.

No better advertising than the tour passing through and being able to promote the upcoming sit down show during the stop.

missionspace

This show must suck!
The people who say the show must not think to mush of it since they don't have much to say about it! I thought there was a animated backdrop for this show, since no one said anything about it I guess it was axed! I also thought there was going to be new tech in the lighting, guss not! It seems like it isn't all that from the reactions of the people!
THANKS!

Montu

No pictures here. :(

This show was fairly long (I believe around 35-40 minutes) so that can turn people off easily...especially with younger ones. But, it's entirely possible that they will take things out since they are truly just "testing" it for now (though I didn't mind the length).

Based on nothing more than my own speculation, I'd bet the length will not change too noticibly. DCA's Aladdin is about 40ish minutes long as well. Course I feel asleep during Aladdin... but Nemo looks really cute.

CTXRover

This show must suck!
The people who say the show must not think to mush of it since they don't have much to say about it! I thought there was a animated backdrop for this show, since no one said anything about it I guess it was axed! I also thought there was going to be new tech in the lighting, guss not! It seems like it isn't all that from the reactions of the people!
THANKS!

Um...ok. You do realize the show has had only two public performances and from what I can gather there are only two different folks on any disney sites reporting on it, right? Their quotes:

From the allears folks: "Overall they rate the show very highly! "If you like live shows or Nemo, this is an E-Ticket Attraction"

From our own keviekev05: "The scenery and sets and all the puppetry really was quite amazing. It is a visually stunning show!"

Those are some great reactions, even if they are limited in details. Maybe they aren't the type of people who like to write out a second by second recount of the show.

I have a huge, gigantic feeling that BMG will be coming to Universal. Was at universal today and we walked back by jaw's and who do we see...Blue Man Group. They were all standing around holding universal umbrellas. On the way out today they actually had one of the members on top of the Universal Globe. They were taping a commecial I believe. A friend of mine got a quick pic of them in the park. Im sure he will post it on a few other forums and Ill try to get a copy of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom