Finding Nemo - The Update

MythBuster

Original Poster
The construction walls are down.
They had a full show for all the executives today. Al Weiss and everyone else was there. They were talking about compeition from Universal because Universal is adding a Blue Man Show.
It has good reviews so far..Think of a broadway type show
Tentative times for shows are 1000 and 1215.
There is no cast previews just soft opening starting Sunday Nov 5

cullama213

so, only two shows per day???

and can this really be compared to Blue Man Group? I mean, BMG over at Universal will be a seperate ticketed thing like Cirque Du Solei, right???

Slipknot

Just checked out Universal and BMGs sites and nothing states that BMG is coming to Orlando permanantly... yet.

If they ever do come down to Central Florida though, I hope it would be somewhere at Disney. Their shows are really fun and have nothing objectionable, so the little ones could have some fun too. Just imagine some Disney songs redone by them. That would be sweet!!! :)

goofyfan13

Just checked out Universal and BMGs sites and nothing states that BMG is coming to Orlando permanantly... yet.

If they ever do come down to Central Florida though, I hope it would be somewhere at Disney. Their shows are really fun and have nothing objectionable, so the little ones could have some fun too. Just imagine some Disney songs redone by them. That would be sweet!!! :)

Yea, this is one show that I've been hoping Disney can get to come to their property. The BMG ROCK!!!

Blizz

The front has a new sign for Theatre in the Wild with the Finding Nemo Musical poster under it. Dinoland cast got to see the show last night at a special preview for them during one of the dress rehursals.

kcnole

Universal has a big press announcement planned for Nov 9th. It's expected that they'll release the info regarding BMG then, we're also hoping to hear something regarding BTTF but I'm not getting my hopes up that we will.

CTXRover

so, only two shows per day???

and can this really be compared to Blue Man Group? I mean, BMG over at Universal will be a seperate ticketed thing like Cirque Du Solei, right???

There will be several Nemo shows per day as with all theme park shows when it officially opens. I wasn't there, but I imagine if the executives were talking about Universal's expected announcement that a Blue Man Group show will open at Citywalk that they are contemplating if they should fire back with something else at DTD. DTD has had Cirque du Solei for years and Blue Man Group would be a Citywalk equivalent. I imagine the question is if it is time to add another big name Vegas-inspired show to DTD now as well. Personally, I think a Broadway style theater that could host traveling productions would be a great addition. It would give DTD the ability to host a wide variety of great Broadway and off-Broadway shows throughout the year. Great for repeat guests as well who have already seen Cirque.

Slipknot

Universal has a big press announcement planned for Nov 9th. It's expected that they'll release the info regarding BMG then, we're also hoping to hear something regarding BTTF but I'm not getting my hopes up that we will.

I hope not. USO doesn't seem like a match for BMG. Here's hoping its just BTTF.

On a side note, just checked with BMG and they are coming to Orlando's TDWaterhouse center in Feb. What is interesting about that is BMG doesn't tour to the cities that have or will have a permanant show.

Tiggerfanatic

The construction walls are down.
They had a full show for all the executives today. Al Weiss and everyone else was there. They were talking about compeition from Universal because Universal is adding a Blue Man Show.
It has good reviews so far..Think of a broadway type show
Tentative times for shows are 1000 and 1215.
There is no cast previews just soft opening starting Sunday Nov 5

Goody - I was hoping it would be up and running by the time we got there - really looking forward to reading the reviews and then seeing for myself.:animwink:

DisneySaint

Was at DAK today and no previews were going on. CM's were VERY hush hush about it and wouldn't even tell me anything - they just beat around the bush with "the official opening date is november 19th (or something like that)." I tried to squeeze out of them if I could come back for a preview tomorrow but no one would crack.

Blizz

Was at DAK today and no previews were going on. CM's were VERY hush hush about it and wouldn't even tell me anything - they just beat around the bush with "the official opening date is november 19th (or something like that)." I tried to squeeze out of them if I could come back for a preview tomorrow but no one would crack.

The reason is the ops cast dont know if there will be a show tomorrow. No one has told them, Entertainment still has control of the theatre and all of their equipment is taking up the middle of the theatre, so even if it does open for a preview tomorrow or this week, not many will make it in.

Management is not even sure what will be going on this week. I believe nemo entertainment cast memebers and crew have invited guests to a show tomorrow, so who knows if they will even let reg. park guests into the show.

TimeTrip

Hmm the narration on the express monorail to the MK implied that it was open already. There was a sentence about the Laugh Factory in Tomorrowland "coming in 2007", but when the nemo show was mentioned on the way back to the TTC, I don't recall them saying "coming soon".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom