Finding Nemo The Musical

Finding Nemo The Musical should it...

• Total voters

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
It has been 10 years now since Finding Nemo The Musical has been playing over at AK..What are your thoughts?
finding-nemo-the-musical-gallery00.jpg

Konor

The only way it should be replaced is if we get "The Black Hole: The Musical".

Think of it, either we get to see/hear Old B.O.B. sing and "dance" or we get an area where nothing escapes once it enters the black hole's gravitational pull so hence no need for theming, seats, sets, costumes, etc. A win/win for Disney.

PorterRedkey

I think this show is well-done. The production value is great, but besides Big Blue World, the songs are not that memorable. I will watch this show every other trip or so. FoTLK is usually done each trip for us.

This show is only 10 years old, so if you go by DHS standards, it has a good 15 more years to run.:banghead: Personally, I think 10 years is a good run for a show that doesn't have a rabid fanbase (unlike Aladdin at DCA, which did).

Hopefully, whatever finally replaces FN will be a well-produced show with a fitting IP for the park. Any replacement show should use the most modern techniques and technologies to present a memorable show with memorable songs that families will be happy to revisit on every visit to AK.

rreading

I think it’s effective for what it is.

We haven’t seen it for a few years though. Were there something new and well done, we’d probably see it on a regular basis for a while too then less over time. I suppose it must have been pretty new when we started watching, as we were into it for a few years then less for a few then now so much.

But just because I’ve graduated elementary school doesn’t mean that we need a new elementary school.

And if you make the point that things should be updated, then: 1) Why not FOTLK too and 2) I’d look at HS first

PorterRedkey

And if you make the point that things should be updated, then: 1) Why not FOTLK too and 2) I’d look at HS first

1. Because it is highly rated on customer surveys and beloved by many. Plus, they just built a new theater for this show. I don't think it is going anywhere. If anything happens I could see an update of the performance routines, but not a change in the overall Lion King theme.

2. I couldn't agree more. VotLM is really showing its age, especially the film. BatB is in dire need of retirement. It premiered over 2 and a half decades ago. When MK will be celebrating its 50th anniversary, BatB will be celebrating its 30th anniversary. Let that sink it.

My hope is that the DHS shows will be replaced by the 50th anniversary, but I have not personal knowledge that this is happening.

Just because the DHS show have been around 20+ years doesn't mean Finding Nemo needs to stay that long too.

Last edited:

raven

I think this show is well-done. The production value is great, but besides Big Blue World, the songs are not that memorable. I will watch this show every other trip or so. FoTLK is usually done each trip for us.

This show is only 10 years old, so if you go by DHS standards, it has a good 15 more years to run.:banghead: Personally, I think 10 years is a good run for a show that doesn't have a rabid fanbase (unlike Aladdin at DCA, which did).

Hopefully, whatever finally replaces FN will be a well-produced show with a fitting IP for the park. Any replacement show should use the most modern techniques and technologies to present a memorable show with memorable songs that families will be happy to revisit on every visit to AK.
FOTLK has been running even longer than Nemo. And one song from the show has been inserted into other Disney attractions based on Nemo, and written by the same people that wrote music for Frozen. Also, Nemo fills to capacity at most show times and has more capacity than FOTLK. An indicator that it's still very popular.

wdwfan22

I say keep it!! Finding Nemo This Musical is as close as we can get at Walt Disney World to a a real broadway style show. The show also fills up every performance and goes over great with guests. For me it's time for Festival of the Lion King to go away. This is a theme park show. Having kids make animal sounds and quickly going through some of the songs from the film doesn't do anything for me. I would like to see a better Lion King production at Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

danyoung56

It took a while for me to warm up to the Nemo show (I really LOVED the Tarzan show!), but I eventually did. I see it every visit, while the Lion King show is only once every 3 or 4 years. I don't see any need to replace Nemo for now. It's still incredibly popular, and I've grown to really enjoy it.

PorterRedkey

FOTLK has been running even longer than Nemo. And one song from the show has been inserted into other Disney attractions based on Nemo, and written by the same people that wrote music for Frozen. Also, Nemo fills to capacity at most show times and has more capacity than FOTLK. An indicator that it's still very popular.
I didn't say it wasn't popular, just that it didn't have a "rabid fanbase".
I know several people personally who gush for FotLK. While I have never heard many complaints about FN, I have also not heard the same over-the-top praise for FN and I have for FotLK. This seems to be true of the forums I read as well.

FN is not a bad show, I enjoy it. I wouldn't keep seeing it if I didn't. I just don't feel like most shows should be around for over 10 years. The former Aladdin show at DCA is my only personal exception to that.

Bairstow

As theme park shows go, Nemo has certainly been a cut above the usual, with original music and creative uses of puppet/puppeteer performances. I'm certainly not sick of the show, but if they had something of similar quality they could stick in there, it would be nice to see something new.

Was Nemo the first thing Lopez did after "Avenue Q"?

raven

As theme park shows go, Nemo has certainly been a cut above the usual, with original music and creative uses of puppet/puppeteer performances. I'm certainly not sick of the show, but if they had something of similar quality they could stick in there, it would be nice to see something new.

Was Nemo the first thing Lopez did after "Avenue Q"?
I believe so. They also wrote the music for "The Book of Mormon."

JIMINYCR

We never tire of it. Weve never seen a bad show. It continues to be very popular and entertaining. Every show weve attended, the seats have been maxxed out, so guests still wait in line for it and take the time to see it. I wish Disney had more of these types of quality shows on property. The only way I would want it to cease is if they did a better show to replace it ... and that would be difficult to do.

GVentola

My long time pen pal's husband starred as Marlin in this show for about six months, many years ago when it was still new. He even had fans. I haven't seen it since then, because he's not in it. Maybe I should (and then come back to this thread and tell you what I think!)

brb1006

But Crush's song was awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom