Finding Nemo the Musical to Close for rehab?

disnyfan89

Original Poster
The number I called was 407-827-2301. This phone number I belive connects directly to a specific cast member but he was not available so I was transfered to a different cast member.

I also talked to another cast member who I know that is a part of entertainment who said that she heard the same thing but did not know of a time frame.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
I would agree that this is incorrect information from the CM from the getgo.

Not only is Disney advertising the show locally with it's grand opening, it is advertising it internationally including a massive print push in the next two weeks. It will not close the next wekk.

The floor already HAS a dance floor surface to as much of it as they can that does not effect the sets.

As a musical theatre director, I can tell you that shows don't work that way. If they were going to close the show for refurb, it would be closed right now, and the opening pushed back to March. That is not what is happening here.

Similarly, there are NO changes being made to the script or music at this time -- the show itself is set.

The problems the show has been having have been with technical aspects -- in particular two sequences in which the entire set changes and is replaced by an increasingly intricate set - as the two sets pass each others in the rafters, their batten's have been having trouble passing and it has been upsetting the light scheme as the rods bump. Because the light rods also hold and buffet all the flying equipment and movables, this has needed readustment and tweaking.

Shows that have not completed have done so because one set is stuck and the next can not be lowered or fixed with the audience in the house. Hence, the show ends and the cast is sent out - the sets reset and tested, then back to business.

It IS true that Monsters Inc at MK will be down through March. That has been pretty widely announced.

Thanks for the great info! :sohappy: :wave:

I am really close friends with some people that hang out at the boat dock behind the theater, and as of late there have been alot of ambulances and medics in that area. I would think this might indicate that there have been some injuries or something related going on with cast.

diseyore

It has not officiall opened

Nemo the Musical has been open under a soft opening, and they are closed for 2 days.

There have been injuries in the show due to the weight and action of the puppets.

MickeyTigg

I called the WDW call information center today and was asking about Finding Nemo the Musical and learned that it would be closing down Feb. 1st thru March 21st.

That stinks....my trip is in the middle of that.

:mad:

If it's true....

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Blizz

It wont be closed for that long from what I have heard. Tomorrow and Monday the show will go dark for rehursals and tech stuff (relamping, aim, focus, clean the theatre, etc..) I think it is mainly getting it ready for the press event. They would be foolish to close it just after the press event, so I doubt the rumors.

bob0012

I called the WDW call information center today and was asking about Finding Nemo the Musical and learned that it would be closing down Feb. 1st thru March 21st.

I think you just got a CM who likes to hear themself talk, not to mention they gave out way to much information, and wouldn't know it/ would be in trouble for giving it out if it were true.

This change has not been reflected on the official website, yet...

The show has not opened yet, so it's not really down. That's the whole idea behind the soft open.

It's hard for me to believe that the show will be dark for so long. Especially since they would still have to pay all of the actors their full salaries during that time. Also I have friends and family coming in from out of town during that time specifically to see the show. I'll have to ask at work what's going on.

The actors would have to be paid in full because they would be working all that time on refining the show.

All of that said, I in no way belive the show will be down for that long, a lot of work was done on the stage when the whole structure was re-worked and most of the injurys relate to the huge fish they are moving around.

eroyee

:wave: I am pretty sure they mean Monsters, Inc. Nemo is only going to be down a couple days here and there. But, I totally agree on the use of the queue, if you want to call it that. everyone was stepping on everyone trying to get in and out of the theater, and on to EE. was a disaster. we also ran into some rude CM's at the theater. Must be an epidemic!! lol. :lol:

bob0012

:wave: I am pretty sure they mean Monsters, Inc. Nemo is only going to be down a couple days here and there. But, I totally agree on the use of the queue, if you want to call it that. everyone was stepping on everyone trying to get in and out of the theater, and on to EE. was a disaster. we also ran into some rude CM's at the theater. Must be an epidemic!! lol. :lol:

Well the laugh floor needs to just be gone, not reworked. It sucks.

WDnJH

The show is NOT going dark. If there were cancelations of the show, it was not planned. The actors are still scheduled for shows and rehearsals are officially DONE!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom