Finding Nemo the Musical: Press Event Videos

peter11435

imagineer boy said:
I will of corse, hold my official judgement until I see the whole thing on video, but as of right now, its not looking that great.

Why wouldn't you wait until you actually see the show.

imagineer boy

peter11435 said:
Why wouldn't you wait until you actually see the show.

Because I don't live right next door to WDW, and only get to go every couple of years. So, I can only use videos to get first hand looks at new attractions.

peter11435

imagineer boy said:
Because I don't live right next door to WDW, and only get to go every couple of years. So, I can only use videos to get first hand looks at new attractions.
I understand that. I just think you should wait until you actually see the show before you make your "official" judgement.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
OK - here's my prediction - this show is going to rock. The set will be immersive, people will be engrossed in the presentation and many people will have Big Blue World stuck in their head after they see it. The show will be a classic and will play for years. When it finally closes there will be much concern and hand wringing for whatever takes its place certainly won't be up to the same standards as "Nemo the Musical."

MickeyTigg

ASJHLJ said:
OK - here's my prediction - this show is going to rock. The set will be immersive, people will be engrossed in the presentation and many people will have Big Blue World stuck in their head after they see it. The show will be a classic and will play for years. When it finally closes there will be much concern and hand wringing for whatever takes its place certainly won't be up to the same standards as "Nemo the Musical."

Okay...I can tell you right off the bat....it's going to have to improve a lot just to be good. Let's not give it a Tony Award.....it's certainly no Aladdin (Disneyland).

WDWfan2209

Computer Magic said:
Nemo Musical is very nice and similar sound to VOTM. Anyone know about the ones that performered that song?

The girl playing Nemo is Kate Wetherhead, she's coming directly from Broadway's "The 25th Annual Putnam Country Spelling Bee." She was the understudy/stand-by for the role of Olive Ostrovsky. I had the incredible chance to see her go on at a performance of "Spelling Bee" and she is nothing short of amazing. I'm greatly looking forward to how this turns out. I have complete confidence in this production and can only imagine what other parks it will be cloned to due to popularity.

barnum42

Whilst the song does not exactly get me salivating, one has to bear in mind that with many a show tune, it does not work out of context. Often you need to experience it as part of the story for it to really work.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
barnum42 said:
Whilst the song does not exactly get me salivating, one has to bear in mind that with many a show tune, it does not work out of context. Often you need to experience it as part of the story for it to really work.

You sir are Correct! I stand by my positive prediction.

Ducky_Love

Well, the Nemo Video has been removed.. :(

The Tarzen Video was great, thanks for sharing! I almost think the performances there were better than the *real* show!

JMagicFink

nemo video anybody?

Does anybody still have the Nemo Musical press event video? I didn't get a chance to grab it off youtube before it was removed. I thought the video had so much energy. I would love to see it again!
-Jim

malice

Does anybody still have the Nemo Musical press event video? I didn't get a chance to grab it off youtube before it was removed. I thought the video had so much energy. I would love to see it again!
-Jim

Here's the entire press event (includes capt sparrow pirates, all stars suites, etc) in 4 segments from laughingplace.com available in hi or lo-res. The "workshop" performance of Big Blue World is in the last link...fast forward to 2:30 to avoid the annoying speech patterns of Anne Hamburger.

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-210.asp

KevinRyanCole

The girl playing Nemo is Kate Wetherhead, she's coming directly from Broadway's "The 25th Annual Putnam Country Spelling Bee." She was the understudy/stand-by for the role of Olive Ostrovsky.

That show is one of the most popular shows on Broadway currently.

Also, for those complaining about the song....

it was written by Robert Lopez, the song writer of Avenue Q ( a show like an adult version of sesame street)

Before that, he wrote children songs... even his adult songs are based on childrens songs... its his style. Yet, it is always extremely catchy.

Something I have noticed about this particular writer--- his production numbers aren't always fantastic... just an fyi.

I don't know anything about Kristen Anderson-Lopez, the co-composer... anyone have any info?

Kevin

Action0286

Something I have noticed about this particular writer--- his production numbers aren't always fantastic... just an fyi.

His work must not be THAT fantastic.....seeing as Avenue Q beat out Wicked for best musical a couple years back. :veryconfu

I personally can't wait for this show to be done. I hope they keep adding little extra jokes, like the Jaws reference, so it isn't just a replica of the Nemo script with music behind it.

KevinRyanCole

His work must not be THAT fantastic.....seeing as Avenue Q beat out Wicked for best musical a couple years back. :veryconfu

I most definitly was not saying that he is bad... he is one of my favorites--- i'm just justifying why people may not be enjoying it as much.

Actually... i would rather listen to avenue q than wicked...

And I haven't even listened to the song yet--- just saying that people with negative opnions may have good reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom