Finding Nemo the Musical at Animal Kingdom

JeremyM

Original Poster
I was vacationing at Disneyworld last week, and on Wednesday was in Animal Kingdom. I was luckily in the right place at the right time, because the signs for the new Finding Nemo the Musical were up and said there was going to be a 3:00 pm show. It was a soft soft soft opening. The show could still be canceled.

It was only 1:45 pm, but we stuck around and got in line. We entered the theatre which was used for Tarzan Rocks. The entire theatre has been enclosed, however, it is no longer open air. The show did not start promptly at 3:00, but it started around 3:05pm.

To put it simply, the show was FREAKING AWESOME!!!

The show used puppets like in the Broadway Lion King show. The performers who were singing live were in plain view along with the puppets. The puppets looked exactly like the characters in the movie. All of the puppets were great, but 3 standouts for me were Mr. Ray, Crush the Sea Turtle, and the Pelican who talks to the fish in the Dentist office. Those puppets were amazing.

Also amazing were the performers. They were all Broadway caliber performers, and had fantastic energy and were just too talented to put into words. You could tell they were psyched to be a part of this production.

The songs in the show are all winners. I wish they had a soundtrack out to this show because I would buy it immediately. The song which is the most hummable and will stay with you is the song "Big Blue World". This song is also used in the Seas with Nemo and Friends ride at Epcot. The staging of the Big Blue World song and reprise at the end of the show were spectacular.

As a matter of fact, all of the staging and special effects used in this show were spectacular and took my breath away. It was a beautiful show, and I will also admit I got somewhat emotional during the show, it was that moving and that good. The show lasted about 40 minutes, but the time flew by.

If there are any cast members out there who know if the music will be released on a CD, please please please let me know. And if there are no plans to do this, please please please tell someone in charge to start planning for the CD!

Disney has another hit on its hands, and Animal Kingdom is a MUST SEE park with Everest, the Safari ride, the Lion King Show, and now the Nemo musical show. 4 E-ticket attractions.

If you will be at Disney World, make sure you see this show at Animal Kingdom.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Epcot82Guy

Thanks for the update. I will be interested to see the final production.

Now if only the Theater in the Wild would mark the entrance to Nemo's homeland...

WDWlife

If there are any cast members out there who know if the music will be released on a CD, please please please let me know. And if there are no plans to do this, please please please tell someone in charge to start planning for the CD!

Glad you liked it. A studio version of the show has been recorded for the CD. None of the cast you saw was used for it. It should be available far and wide (and for download) soon.

KrazyKowboy

My family will be there next week and had already said we'll miss Tarzan Rocks this year, but after reading your review we're excited about Finding Nemo.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

:sohappy:

pacochran

Wasn't really looking forward to the change in the show to NEMO, sounded pretty lame, but based on the reviews, hopefully it will be open when we are there next week so that we can see it.

Thanks for your review.

Vernonpush

To put it simply, the show was FREAKING AWESOME!!!

The songs in the show are all winners. I wish they had a soundtrack out to this show because I would buy it immediately. The song which is the most hummable and will stay with you is the song "Big Blue World". This song is also used in the Seas with Nemo and Friends ride at Epcot. The staging of the Big Blue World song and reprise at the end of the show were spectacular.

Disney has another hit on its hands, and Animal Kingdom is a MUST SEE park with Everest, the Safari ride, the Lion King Show, and now the Nemo musical show. 4 E-ticket attractions.

If you will be at Disney World, make sure you see this show at Animal Kingdom.

Thanks,
Jeremy

We saw the show last week also(twice), and would love to have a CD of the music. What a GREAT SHOW! We told everyone we talked to while there to be sure to catch the great production. Maybe this will give the AK longer park hours. Our favorite song was Crush's. A "Standing Ovation" to all involved in this production. (the seagulls were fun at the end).

fillerup

No doubt about it, this production is entirely awesome. We give it two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

We thought being able to see the actors might be distracting, but in fact, they incorporate so well into the show that it's terrific.

Dare I post this heresy? And it's apples and oranges I know, and only my opinion, but this is better than FOTLK.

hcswingfield

We saw the show last week also(twice), and would love to have a CD of the music. What a GREAT SHOW! We told everyone we talked to while there to be sure to catch the great production. Maybe this will give the AK longer park hours. Our favorite song was Crush's. A "Standing Ovation" to all involved in this production. (the seagulls were fun at the end).

Both times I felt I had just seen a Broadway show. The creativity, talent, energy and FUN were beyond belief!!!

Kriszee1

I saw it on Nov. 8th...unbelievable. Probably the BEST show Disney has put in a park in a very long time. Just AMAZING:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom