'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I actually quite enjoyed it. In most places, the brisker pacing helped, not hindered, the show.

Sure I miss the aerial work, but what are you going to do? This could have turned out far worse. This show remains abundantly entertaining, enjoyable, and earnest.

I purposely saw the 12:30 and 2:30 shows so I could see two different casts. Both were uniformly excellent, with a nice mix of returning and fresh faces.

I know that won’t be a popular opinion here, but what can I say. Those were my honest impressions.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I actually quite enjoyed it. In most places, the brisker pacing helped, not hindered, the show.

Sure I miss the aerial work, but what are you going to do? This could have turned out far worse. This show remains abundantly entertaining, enjoyable, and earnest.

I purposely saw the 12:30 and 2:30 shows so I could see two different casts. Both were uniformly excellent, with a nice mix of returning and fresh faces.

I know that won’t be a popular opinion here, but what can I say. Those were my honest impressions.
I think that sums it up really well.

Comped

Speaking of shows that were better received than their movies...

Both were 90's big budget book musicals that shared the same upper execs that guided the productions. Most of Disney's best shows existing as they did are essentially down to the same handful of people, particularly in the 80's and 90's. Wish Disney still had the Dick Tracy rights, because a full blown show with the in-park as a template (like Hunchback was) would have become a cult classic. At least for me!

Kittlesona

Don't know much of the history beyond the quick article here, but 25 min is way more appealing to me than 45. Unless it's something like Indiana Jones Stunt Spectcular I'm not throwing away almost an hour in the park for a puppet show. That's too long imo. Looks good and if we can fit it in would be a good take. Definitely want to mix up our visit with rides, shows, music, food, fireworks etc.

edit: just looked it up and even Indiana Jones is 25 min.
How funny. I find the 25 minutes of Indiana Jones to be WAYY too long, but loved the 45 minutes of FNTM

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I’d like to clarify: I’m extremely happy that the show wasn’t cut altogether.

But I also don’t believe that 45 minutes for a show is “too long” for a theme park. Heaven help you all if you go see a Broadway show. 😂 (also said before)

45 minutes... have people’s attentions spans really sunk down that low? The show ran from like, what, 2007 till 2020 perfectly fine with not only great reviews but always a packed house. Other than the screen, it just really didn’t need to be shortened.

On top of that, 45 minutes is 20 minutes longer in air conditioning.. AND longer attractions and shows make disney worth staying for longer periods of time.

Now we cut things like, Great Movie Ride, Country Bears, and all these other longer attractions of entertainment for new things that are the fraction of length they once were.

Time length doesn’t mean everything. And I know I’ve been a Debbie downer. But man, this one just really blows for me. Nemo the Musical was such a special place in my heart and boy did it mess with me.

Cutting out things like Nigel and the extra puppet segments and the dramatic intro scene and dumbing down the set pieces is the equivalent of taking out tumble monkeys and aerial dancers for me.

Sincerely—
A p***** off theater major/worker. 😞 Culture is dead. Lol.

I dont care if it works well for a “theme park.” That’s what made disney different.

Den Carter

But I also don’t believe that 45 minutes for a show is “too long” for a theme park. Heaven help you all if you go see a Broadway show. 😂 (also said before)

45 minutes... have people’s attentions spans really sunk down that low? The show ran from like, what, 2007 till 2020 perfectly fine with not only great reviews but always a packed house. Other than the screen, it just really didn’t need to be shortened.

On top of that, 45 minutes is 20 minutes longer in air conditioning.. AND longer attractions and shows make disney worth staying for longer periods of time.

Now we cut things like, Great Movie Ride, Country Bears, and all these other longer attractions of entertainment for new things that are the fraction of length they once were.

Time length doesn’t mean everything. And I know I’ve been a Debbie downer. But man, this one just really blows for me. Nemo the Musical was such a special place in my heart and boy did it mess with me.

Cutting out things like Nigel and the extra puppet segments and the dramatic intro scene and dumbing down the set pieces is the equivalent of taking out tumble monkeys and aerial dancers for me.

Sincerely—

I dont care if it works well for a “theme park.” That’s what made disney different.
I haven't seen the new version in person yet, but I'm in 100% agreement with your sentiment. Disney park shows should be the length they need to be to do the story justice. This smacks of the horror that is Beauty and the Beast at DHS in which the story is so truncated there's no emotional payoff. Reserving judgement until I see it, though!

WondersOfLife

I haven't seen the new version in person yet, but I'm in 100% agreement with your sentiment. Disney park shows should be the length they need to be to do the story justice. This smacks of the horror that is Beauty and the Beast at DHS in which the story is so truncated there's no emotional payoff. Reserving judgement until I see it, though!
I’m sure Nemo is still a fine show. I’m just picky and I’m just confused. Lol. It was the last show on property that needed any tweaking.

Again. Super glad it’s still here in some shape or form.

celluloid

I saw it day one. It was.much better. Still not my fav and I a theater person do still prefer my puppets with performers as hidden as possible, but it was a much better book report set up than previously. What a strong well rehearsed opening day.

CaptainAmerica

Sincerely—

45 minutes isn't to long for *a* show, it was too long for *this* show. There's no reason for Finding Nemo to be a musical in the first place. The show had two good songs.

If you want to make FOTLK 45 minutes, sign me all the way up.

JohnD

Performances of the new Finding Nemo show at Disney's Animal Kingdom are being canceled​

Maybe because it has been closed so long, guests attending this week weren't planning on seeing a Nemo show anyway (i.e. not even on their radar). That will probably change over the hot summer months once word has spread and guests are eager to go inside for a half-hour to cool off.

WondersOfLife

45 minutes isn't to long for *a* show, it was too long for *this* show.
Since you’re speaking like it’s a fact, I will too. It was not too long for *this* show. :)
There's no reason for Finding Nemo to be a musical in the first place.
There’s no reason for any show to be a musical. What’s your point? Lol
The show had two good songs.
I disagree. It has 4 good songs. And it had many good comedic scenes.
If you want to make FOTLK 45 minutes, sign me all the way up.
Lion King could only be elongated to 45 minutes if we did the story. Which, in my opinion, would be awesome. The current show is perfect for the style that it is, which is basically a music concert with some cirque acts in between.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom