'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

Lokheed

For all it is worth, I have a friend who was in the old production and is also in the new production. I'm being vague out of respect for their privacy, but they had years of experience in the original production and are currently back in rehearsals for this new one. I asked what they thought about the new show, and they were genuinely excited about it. They particularly love the new electronic backdrop that extends the scenes. They said it looks amazing, and is a lot of fun to act in front of. So for me, at least, I am exited to see this new production and to know that the previous cast members were not left out in the cold.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
6ee6d94f65ac93507efb61f4231e9c94.gif

That would have been the HIGHLIGHT of the entire video...
Fark The show
Fark what we did with it...
WE GOT BENCHES! 🤣
New benches would probably be the best upgrade they could have done to an already spectacular show. They’re awful.

WondersOfLife

For all it is worth, I have a friend who was in the old production and is also in the new production. I'm being vague out of respect for their privacy, but they had years of experience in the original production and are currently back in rehearsals for this new one. I asked what they thought about the new show, and they were genuinely excited about it. They particularly love the new electronic backdrop that extends the scenes. They said it looks amazing, and is a lot of fun to act in front of. So for me, at least, I am exited to see this new production and to know that the previous cast members were not left out in the cold.
That’s reassuring. I knew they would cut the length into a voyage of the little mermaid style timing. Luckily the music bops.

Touchdown

Wonder how they cut out nearly half the show, I’m guessing Deep Blue World, Fish are friends (given the new sub prop,) and Go With The Flow are all staying but they clock in with more then half the run time with just those songs, and they have to add a new opening and ending, as well as bumpers to keep the story going. So I guess that means we lose everything else? I do really like the Just Keep Singing number too but I don’t think that can make the cut with the sharks staying.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Wonder how they cut out nearly half the show, I’m guessing Deep Blue World, Fish our friends (given the new sub prop,) and Go With The Flow are all staying but they clock in with more then half the run time with just those songs, and they have to add a new opening and ending, as well as bumpers to keep the story going. So I guess that means we lose everything else? I do really like the Just Keep Singing number too but I don’t think that can make the cut with the sharks staying.
It's possible The songs got butchered too from their original length to more abbreviated versions..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wonder how they cut out nearly half the show, I’m guessing Deep Blue World, Fish our friends (given the new sub prop,) and Go With The Flow are all staying but they clock in with more then half the run time with just those songs, and they have to add a new opening and ending, as well as bumpers to keep the story going. So I guess that means we lose everything else? I do really like the Just Keep Singing number too but I don’t think that can make the cut with the sharks staying.

It's possible The songs got butchered too from their original length to more abbreviated versions..

Did I miss something? How did it get established that this is half the running time of the old show?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The show always felt a little bloated, clocking in at around 40 (not 45) minutes. I imagine this new show will move at a breakneck pace and you'll probably lose some of the quieter moments like That's My Dad/Son.

25-30 minutes seems to be the sweet spot for in park shows like this, so this might not be a terrible thing. I wonder if they'll add some additional shows each day since it's shorter.

WondersOfLife

What's wrong with the old benches?
They're uncomfortable and they pinch your skin. (Specifically for those who are wearing shorts)

But, like CMDR joked, maybe cutting the show time in half will help. Lordy.

WondersOfLife

The show always felt a little bloated, clocking in at around 40 (not 45) minutes. I imagine this new show will move at a breakneck pace and you'll probably lose some of the quieter moments like That's My Dad/Son.
Shame. Take out the heart of the show.
25-30 minutes seems to be the sweet spot for in park shows like this,
I disagree. Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular over at Disneyland ran for quite some time due to its popularity, and never got shorter than 45 minutes. Frozen both on the cruise line and the Disneyland show clock at 1 hour...
so this might not be a terrible thing. I wonder if they'll add some additional shows each day since it's shorter.
A run time like this is on par with Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Frozen Sing Along... They've done better.

It's okay if shows are not every theme park fan's thing... But a lot of people do enjoy a nice long break with some entertainment. 45 minutes should be perfectly fine. But not everything needs to just be a sing-along review. Even Lion King being shortened to 25 minutes took out two of the best scenes of the previously 35 minute show.

Oh, well. I guess it is obvious that most theme park tourists are just uncultured tiktok making swines these days. o-o

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

I disagree. Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular over at Disneyland ran for quite some time due to its popularity, and never got shorter than 45 minutes. Frozen both on the cruise line and the Disneyland show clock at 1 hour...

A run time like this is on par with Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Frozen Sing Along... They've done better.

It's okay if shows are not every theme park fan's thing... But a lot of people do enjoy a nice long break with some entertainment. 45 minutes should be perfectly fine. But not everything needs to just be a sing-along review. Even Lion King being shortened to 25 minutes took out two of the beast scenes of the previously 35 minute show.

Oh, well. I guess it is obvious that most theme park tourists are just uncultured tiktok making swines these days. o-o

I think there are shows that justify the run time. Aladdin at DCA for sure. Lion King at AK for sure (which is being restored soon). Frozen was a bit too long at DCA for such a… paint by numbers retelling.

I am a theatre person, I live and die by the stage.

Nemo was bloated, felt long, and will benefit from being a shorter experience.

WondersOfLife

I think there are shows that justify the run time. Aladdin at DCA for sure. Lion King at AK for sure (which is being restored soon). Frozen was a bit too long at DCA for such a… paint by numbers retelling.
Lord help you, if you ever see the Broadway version of Frozen lol. I thought it was a good run time.
I am a theatre person, I live and die by the stage.
As am I. I have a bachelor's in theatre and produce children's theatre for a living. Finding Nemo the musical was perfect for both the kids and the adults, run time included. Only time I ever saw people walk out of the show was when a baby/infant started to cry or scream. It was always soaking in a great number of guests, too. I watched the show back to back about 5 times when I did the DCP.
Nemo was bloated, felt long, and will benefit from being a shorter experience.
I still very much disagree. It was the movie in musical form... If 45 minutes of the musical is too long, then you must have been extremely bored watching the 1 hour and 40 minute movie lol.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

It's okay if shows are not every theme park fan's thing... But a lot of people do enjoy a nice long break with some entertainment. 45 minutes should be perfectly fine. But not everything needs to just be a sing-along review. Even Lion King being shortened to 25 minutes took out two of the best scenes of the previously 35 minute show.

I’m not an “uncultured TikTok making swine.” I don’t even have a TikTok. I love the theater. I go all the time, so don’t assume.

I’m happy to sit and enjoy a longer production like Aladdin (the pinnacle of in-park shows, if you ask me), because there’s enough material there to justify the longer run time. Nemo didn’t always feel that way. We’ll get by just fine without “Dory’s Ditty.”

WondersOfLife

I’m not an “uncultured TikTok making swine.” I don’t even have a TikTok. I love the theater. I go all the time, so don’t assume.
I assume very hardcore. lol
I’m happy to sit and enjoy a longer production like Aladdin (the pinnacle of in-park shows, if you ask me), because there’s enough material there to justify the longer run time.
Glad to hear.
Nemo didn’t always feel that way. We’ll get by just fine without “Dory’s Ditty.”
I imagine that is one Disney would take out... But that was also a short, funny comedic moment. I'm guessing a lot of the comedic & heartfelt moments are the ones being taken out. That's why Voyage of the Little Mermaid doesn't work for me.

It'll just be a shell of a story. Barely anything to be attached to. But I guess I am in the minority here. Which is very sad.

Disney Analyst

Lord help you, if you ever see the Broadway version of Frozen lol. I thought it was a good run time.

As am I. I have a bachelor's in theatre and produce children's theatre for a living. Finding Nemo the musical was perfect for both the kids and the adults, run time included. Only time I ever saw people walk out of the show was when a baby/infant started to cry or scream. It was always soaking in a great number of guests, too. I watched the show back to back about 5 times when I did the DCP.

I still very much disagree. It was the movie in musical form... If 45 minutes of the musical is too long, then you must have been extremely bored watching the 1 hour and 40 minute movie lol.

I also went to school for theatre. I would love to see Frozen on Broadway, but alas it closed. Maybe the tour will hit up my city?

I saw Nemo, I enjoyed it. But I can understand why they would shorten it, as it was IMO bloated.

We can disagree on the makings of good theatre without acting like only our opinion is correct....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom