Finding Nemo sequel: Finding Dory

Genie of the Lamp

Original Poster
Ellen Degeneres announced on her show today that Andrew Stanton called her a couple days ago and said/confirmed that a Finding Nemo sequel is in production development and that it will open in theaters the year 2015. The working title for this film is "Finding Dory". She will also reprise her role as Dory. 2015 is going to be a huge movie year for this company with the Avengers, Finding Nemo 2, 20k film, POTC 5 and possibly Star Wars ep.7 due out that year. Albert Brooks will also reprise his role of Marlin as well.

Californian Elitist

Although I love Finding Nemo (I don't know how many times I've seen it, I could probably quote the entire movie), I'm quite upset it's getting a sequel before The Incredibles. The Incredibles is in my top three favorite Pixar films and it gets no love. I don't understand it. Brad Bird needs to write that script already.

Finding Dory should make for an interesting plot, nonetheless.

Genie of the Lamp

Original Poster
Gosh, I love that woman. I need to try and get tickets to her show.

That was hilarious, by the way!

Me too.:) I watch it everyday. I saw the preview for today's show saying that a big announcement was going to be made, just suprised it had to relate to Finding Nemo sequel. My stance on this is basically what @DisneyWall-e said. I'll watch it but wish they would come up/develop more movies based on original concepts/ideas. Their releasing that untitled inside the mind movie Pete Docter is directing as well that same year. Will 2015 be the first year that 2 pixar films are released in the same year if everything stays on schedule.
Here's a link for requesting tickets for her show btw:
http://www.ellentv.com/tickets/

Californian Elitist

Me too.:) I watch it everyday. I saw the preview for today's show saying that a big announcement was going to be made, just suprised it had to relate to Finding Nemo sequel. My stance on this is basically what @DisneyWall-e said. I'll watch it but wish they would come up/develop more movies based on original concepts/ideas. Their releasing that untitled inside the mind movie Pete Docter is directing as well that same year. Will 2015 be the first year that 2 pixar films are released in the same year if everything stays on schedule.
Here's a link for requesting tickets for her show btw:
http://www.ellentv.com/tickets/

Yeah, I wish Disney would start coming up with more original concepts as well. Not only in their films but in the parks, too. At the same time, most of the movies that came out during Walt's time weren't original and were based on another person's work.

I've visited the link before.:) There are two problems; one, her show is very popular and getting tickets can take a while. Two, I have class on the weekdays and getting from school to Universal can also take a while.:/ It'll happen one day though.;)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I've made given my thoughts on this before, but here goes again.
IF done right, a sequel to a film can be more successful and rewarding than the original. Taking a world that is known already, characters that have deeply built histories, personalities, and lives, and creating a new story in that world can be a major benefit. In Toy Story, you spend the 1st movie basically creating the world, creating the characters, and getting people to "believe" this entire world, while telling a story. In the superior TS2 and TS3, this is all done already, you dont have to spend the time convincing the audience to like the characters, root for them, all you have to do is tell a good story. The creators of these properties have a great affinity to these characters, and it is not a surprise if they feel they want to revisit them to tell more stories. It's kept the comic book business going for how many years?
IF the movie is done strictly to cash in on a previous franchise, using the trust built by the first movie only to guarantee a certain number of ticket sales/merch <cough Planes cough>, then it's a waste and the company should instead focus on new IP.

Can we go yet?

I love this movie too much. I sorta don't want this...sure I'll see it when it comes out but man..I think Pixar's running out of original idea's..
Just please don't let it be another Cars 2, I'd like it to be as good as the Rescuers Down Under but I doubt it. Ellen is pretty hilarious though, I will admit.

novawildcat18

Don't be so negative about this sequel. The only bad sequel they have done was Cars 2, and the animators knew it was bad but they did it solely for the merchandising and the box office cash.

By the time this is released, it'll be 12 years after the original was released. I don't think the original cast/directors/production crew would be interested in doing it if it wasn't going to be a good movie. Look at Toy Story 3 for example!

There's no need to be upset about this sequel, in fact, I'm rather excited to see what they can do with it!

Can we go yet?

I'm just always nervous about awesome movies getting sequels, there's no need to really get excited yet though, 2 and a half years of waiting while Frozen, which is coming out in a few months, has been super quiet for some reason. I wonder who they're going to get to play Nemo though. If Ellen says the script is fantastic, I think we should trust her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom