Finding Nemo Attraction Idea

Jon_in_NC

Original Poster
Ok, here is my pitch for a Finding Nemo attraction. It would finally make use of the 20,000 Leagues lagoon area.

It would be an Underwater Boat Ride located in the 20,000 Leagues Lagoon. The boats would be riding on water inside of a submerged tube under the water; reminiscent of the now-gone Living Seas attraction (I can't remember the name of what it was called).

Scenario: Nemo asks you to help him find his dad Marlin; who Nemo thinks has gotten lost. Dory is there to help also.

You would board boats shaped like Crush (the sea turtle) on the surface at the 20,000 Leagues dock area. As you begin, you’d have the background story and set-up where Nemo asks for your help. Crush tells you that he’ll have to take you on the East Australian Current (EAC), which will be the tube under the water. The boat would take a short dip down into the tube (e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean sized dip).

Along the way you would:

Talk to Mr. Ray and his school class as they were on a field trip. (Why wouldn’t Nemo be in class? I don’t know, it’s a ride. Lol)

Pass through the jellyfish field. Dory would remember how to get through them and tell you to hop on their tops. The boat would go across ridges in the water to simulate hopping on the jellyfish.

Go through a dark segment where electroluminescent fish would be. Dory and Nemo would tell you to be very quiet and not wake them up. Dory could sneeze or do something that would wake up the fish (maybe start singing her “just keep swimming” song), the fish would light up and then Dory would scream and the boats would speed up to get you away from the fish.

Ask a whale if it has seen Nemo’s dad or ask it for directions. Dory would get everyone in the boat to help speak whale.

Pass through the mine field area. Dory could accidentally pop a “balloon” and the boat would speed up and bounce as the “balloon” mine popped.

You would come up to a large rock and as you rounded it there would be a huge Bruce with his classic “hello” teeth grin. You discover that Nemo’s dad Marlin has been visiting with the sharks at a “Sharks Anonymous” meeting. Nemo introduces you and thanks you for your help. Marlin tells a corny joke as you’re leaving.

Crush takes you back to the dock. As your boat is coming up out of the EAC (tube), you see Gill and the rest of the tank gang floating on the surface still in their plastic baggies coming up with ideas about how to get out.

I don't know if you could do underwater audioanimatronic characters or the best way to technically approach aspects of how to do things, but I just came up with the basic story, regardless of the technical limitations.

Anyone want to take it from here….??

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Jon_in_NC
Ok, here is my pitch for a Finding Nemo attraction. It would finally make use of the 20,000 Leagues lagoon area.

It would be an Underwater Boat Ride located in the 20,000 Leagues Lagoon. The boats would be riding on water inside of a submerged tube under the water; reminiscent of the now-gone Living Seas attraction (I can't remember the name of what it was called).

Scenario: Nemo asks you to help him find his dad Marlin; who Nemo thinks has gotten lost. Dory is there to help also.

You would board boats shaped like Crush (the sea turtle) on the surface at the 20,000 Leagues dock area. As you begin, you’d have the background story and set-up where Nemo asks for your help. Crush tells you that he’ll have to take you on the East Australian Current (EAC), which will be the tube under the water. The boat would take a short dip down into the tube (e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean sized dip).

Along the way you would:

Talk to Mr. Ray and his school class as they were on a field trip. (Why wouldn’t Nemo be in class? I don’t know, it’s a ride. Lol)

Pass through the jellyfish field. Dory would remember how to get through them and tell you to hop on their tops. The boat would go across ridges in the water to simulate hopping on the jellyfish.

Go through a dark segment where electroluminescent fish would be. Dory and Nemo would tell you to be very quiet and not wake them up. Dory could sneeze or do something that would wake up the fish (maybe start singing her “just keep swimming” song), the fish would light up and then Dory would scream and the boats would speed up to get you away from the fish.

Ask a whale if it has seen Nemo’s dad or ask it for directions. Dory would get everyone in the boat to help speak whale.

Pass through the mine field area. Dory could accidentally pop a “balloon” and the boat would speed up and bounce as the “balloon” mine popped.

You would come up to a large rock and as you rounded it there would be a huge Bruce with his classic “hello” teeth grin. You discover that Nemo’s dad Marlin has been visiting with the sharks at a “Sharks Anonymous” meeting. Nemo introduces you and thanks you for your help. Marlin tells a corny joke as you’re leaving.

Crush takes you back to the dock. As your boat is coming up out of the EAC (tube), you see Gill and the rest of the tank gang floating on the surface still in their plastic baggies coming up with ideas about how to get out.

I don't know if you could do underwater audioanimatronic characters or the best way to technically approach aspects of how to do things, but I just came up with the basic story, regardless of the technical limitations.

Anyone want to take it from here….??

Those are some great ideas. Alhtough, instead of Crush viecles, how about clam-like boats. I've never like the idea of characters being the viecles. Other than that, great ideas!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom