finding a job and moving 2 wdw

mickeypaparazis

Original Poster
can anyone help me out?
i've been applying online for professional employment by wdw to no avail.
i just want to move to wdw and be a cast member, i would like to just have employment before i move down. i would also like to be professional, than hourly.
but correct me if im wrong but i feel i need to move down apply hourly become a cast member and go from their.

AREM

Ive been applying all around and in Orlando for over a year with little luck - it's tough right now for everyone!

The key is to put a Florida address down on hour application; they are only taking apps from people who live here. So put your address as a Florida address. I luckily found that out before I came down here.

mike10

I work in the IT field and was wondering does WDW hire for that field much? Currently, I work in the tech support field while I work for my software engineering degree with a MS in IT security.

With those degrees what are the chances of getting into WDW with that? Or would I be better off getting a job outside of WDW since I will break in faster? Money is not that big of a deal to me as long as I'm happy so is there any chance or probably not.

I know programming would be low if not out but I was more talking about tech support and/or IT security.

bgraham34

I work in the IT field and was wondering does WDW hire for that field much? Currently, I work in the tech support field while I work for my software engineering degree with a MS in IT security.

With those degrees what are the chances of getting into WDW with that? Or would I be better off getting a job outside of WDW since I will break in faster? Money is not that big of a deal to me as long as I'm happy so is there any chance or probably not.

I know programming would be low if not out but I was more talking about tech support and/or IT security.

Be prepared that there IT does not pay well and I believe most of it is Outsourced anyway or not located in Orlando.

fosse76

Like most professional industries, they RARELY consider blind applicants. You will either need to get a referral from someone who already works for the company or through networking with people who work with Disney. Otherwise you will have to start off sweeping Main Street $7/hour.

mickeypaparazis

Original Poster
thanks for the info. people, some info i already knew about... but i have a question about the professional intership, dont i have to be in college to apply for it????

ImaYoyo

While all the tips above are *interesting*... here's some advice from someone who may or may not have a former co-worker in professional recruitment...

1 - the Job Market right now is VERY competitive. In my area, we have 1 new external new hire who came from a position outside the company in group sales for a hotel chain in DC. He is a double MBA and has 15+ years of experience, with an AMAZING sales resume, posting 20 million+ in sales of group / convention blocks a year.

2 - Resume: short, sweet and to the point. When you receive 5,000 resumes for ONE position, you don't have much time to sift and sort. You'll first pull out those who's names you know and then pull out those who's qualifications match the job they're applying for. LIST YOUR OBJECTIVES/ACCOMPLISHMENTS/QUALIFICAITONS up front!!!

3 - Professional internships really are a gateway. Age is not a barrier for professional internships. One department on my floor has a PI in their mid 30s.

And as far as the person that mentioned IT, what is is that you're looking for? While "I.T." may be outsourced a bit, there's a lot of programming and QA positions quite often. Right now, out of 55 jobs in Celebration, 16 of them are for people with Java, C++, or other similar experience.

JessicaB

I've been applying to Disney as well without any luck. DS and I really would like to move to Florida. I've got over 12 years in management and I'm finishing up my BS degree in a couple of months. I just can't seem to find anything out there to apply for. Even non-Disney. I don't mind staying in retail management or human resources, anything at this point. The company I currently work for is being sold soon and though I have an offer to continue with the new employer I'm not sure I want to move to North Carolina. :brick:

mickeypaparazis

Original Poster
thank you all again... i have cm's to refer me, but i think i will just move down take an hourly role bus drive or secrty or photo pass, b/c these pay the most. And then i will wait my 1 year and move up from there. plus i have mostly banking experience and self employed/contractor not what disney is looking for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom