FINALLY... May Book Inside WDW. Need Opinions

ddbowdoin

I was always pretty critical of WDW and the price of their resorts. Well, I just found a MASSIVE deal on a trip from WDW themselves. Now, I need to know the upsides and downsides of certain resorts.

Moderate: Port Orleans Riverside vs. French Quarter (only 50 dollar difference for FQ)

I can stay at the moderate resort for 154 more than staying offsite (offsite figure accounts for hotel, flight, park hopper pass, car rental, rental insurance, and $14 a day parking fees)

I have never seen a deal like this before, and the hotel offsite is one I have stayed at before. It is very close to the parks but nothing special, a clean place to rest my head. I don't have a family so the trip is just for my girlfriend and I.

wendysue

I don't think you need anyone elses opinion. Sounds like a done deal to me. Your talking only 154 diff for ALOT less hassle. Take it. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

FYI - Riverside and French Quarter should have identical pricing - IF the room types are the same (standard view, water view etc).

Riverside is about twice as large as French Quarter, many like the smaller French Quarter due to its intimacy; the only thing that FQ is missing is a table service restaurant, they only have a food court - but you can go over to Riverside if you want a Table service meal.

Riverside does have the River Roost lounge...and live entertainment.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

If you're just looking for place to rest your head, then try Pop Century. It would probably save you money over staying offsite based on the numbers you gave. Now that first sentence may not be the most convincing sell, but make no mistake: my family loves it. Pop is our preferred resort.

But choosing between POR and POFQ, I would pick French Quarter. More compact, more appealing theme to me and very cool pool.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
If you're just looking for place to rest your head, then try Pop Century. It would probably save you money over staying offsite based on the numbers you gave. Now that first sentence may not be the most convincing sell, but make no mistake: my family loves it. Pop is our preferred resort.

But choosing between POR and POFQ, I would pick French Quarter. More compact, more appealing theme to me and very cool pool.

Believe it or not its almost the same price, this sale is tiered. I would only save 15% at value, but 30% at moderate, and 35% at deluxe.

Upvote 0

JonBoy

We have stayed at PORS twice and really enjoyed it there, IMO the landscaping and theming is prettier than FQ and there is a greater feeling of space, in saying that both are lovely - go for the cheapest!!

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Just to throw some numbers out there...

5 nights, 6 days at French Quarter with airfare totals to 2K (including park passes w/ park hopper)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Most people prefer Riverside, but I am a fan of French Quarter. The moderate resorts are usually gigantic, with French Quarter being the exception. You also get to use any of the ammenities of Riverside if you would like.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Can I get an even lower price?

I think your price is pretty much in line with the current Disney incentives. You can always book at one of the resorts and see if anything better comes available. Whichever mod you pick should cost the same for the same rooms. Caribbean Beach, Riverside, and French Quarter have the same pricing structure. All of the rooms there cost the same within the same category and season. Due to the extra ammenities at Coronado Springs, those rooms cost a few dollars more.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom