Finally got a reservation!!

MissViv

Original Poster
Have been trying to get a reservation for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Dining on 11/17/19 at Liberty Tree Tavern and it was finally available this morning. Had to book 6:10 p.m. and wanted around 5:00 p.m. but that's okay. At least we can have a sit down dinner during the crowded event.

MissViv

Original Poster
I'm glad you got the reservation you wanted. My $.02 is I never book TS dining during an up-charge event because that just takes away from my time that I paid extra for to be at the event...again just my $.02

I can understand that but we are going early and staying as long as we are able (we are both seniors) it's me and my SIL so we thought a nice sit down dinner would give us a break from the crowds. Probably not watching the parade but trying to do as many rides as possible and catching the fireworks!

First time I have ever been to an up-charge event.

OneofThree

I'm happy that you're happy. That said (and to echo the comment above), I'm not sure I understand the excitement of escaping an event you paid a high premium to attend. :oops:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I can understand that but we are going early and staying as long as we are able (we are both seniors) it's me and my SIL so we thought a nice sit down dinner would give us a break from the crowds. Probably not watching the parade but trying to do as many rides as possible and catching the fireworks!

First time I have ever been to an up-charge event.

that makes more sense! enjoy!

MissViv

Original Poster
To each their own! This is a completely different trip for me. Our only visit to the parks is the Christmas Party. The rest of our time will be spent at the resorts (resort hopping), hoping to visit all of the deluxe resorts and hoping most of the Christmas decorations are in place at resorts. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge which I have never been to and from what I have heard, it is a vacation all on it's own.

I had double knee replacement one year ago and not sure how much of the parks I can handle. Hoping to have a great time!! Thanks!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
As PP's have said I also would not suggest an ADR during the party.
I usually do not go to a park on the day I have a party and then I do a TS lunch prior to going to MK and then do a QS dinner.

JIMINYCR

Good for you, and yes ... keep trying for a better time slot. People do cancel, you can be surprised by an opening that pops up unexpectedly. For most guests it isnt the best way to do it but in your case its going to add to your enjoyment and benefit you. Its your trip, your dictating how you want to send your time so enjoy. LTT is very popular and weve always enjoyed our dining experience there. There are 6 differently themed dining rooms, when you check in you can request a specific room, or take a walk through after dining to check each one out.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just checked again and 4:55 pm was open and I took it. I am correct that you can enter the park at 4:00 p.m. but the party doesn't start until 7:00 p.m. ?
That's been the standard procedure for the past several years.

MissViv

Original Poster
We really enjoyed our Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner. When we went in it was daylight and when we came out it was just getting dark. We absolutely loved the Christmas Party, worth every penny. We even got seats on a bench for the parade and the people in front of us stayed sitting down on the curb - GREAT!!

macefamily

When you were resort hopping, did you happen to visit the new Enchanted Rose lounge at the Grand Floridian ? We visited in November and we absolutely loved it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As PP's have said I also would not suggest an ADR during the party.
I usually do not go to a park on the day I have a party and then I do a TS lunch prior to going to MK and then do a QS dinner.

Going from 4 PM to midnight is 8 hours. People gotta eat (well, most people, I could go without eating). And some people need to sit and be in air conditioning and relax and enjoy being waited on, and enjoy better quality food... 'cause: vacation!

An ADR at 6:10 puts the majority of the meal even before the event starts at 7 PM. You could do Jingle Cruise (better during they) and grab some pre-6p FastPasses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom