Pre-Trip Finally going back!!!

Good morning everyone! So excited to finally be going back to my Happy Place. Back in May 2011 DH (Eric) and I celebrated our Disneymoon. While it was my 7th trip to the world it was Eric's first and I was happy to see he was willing to come back (that's the same as loving it right?)

We were set to come back in 2013, but this happened:
Lex4.jpg

In November 2011 we found out we were pregnant and I gave birth to our son Alexandre aka Lex on June 19, 2012 (he's 2 and a half in this pic and had recently learned to say "cheese" when someone whips out a camera). We were still planning on going to WDW in October 2013 but in the end decided to wait until Lex was a little older and we would make it our first official family trip. Lex will be 3 and a half at the time we're in the world.

So here's the who, when and where:

Who: Me (Rachelle), DH (Eric) and DS (Lex)
When: Oct 10-17, 2015
Where: POFQ (we stayed here during our Disneymoon and fell in love with the resort)

This is the schedule I have so far:

Saturday, Oct 10:
Travel day...I usually get an earlyish flight, check in and then spend a bit of time at Downtown Disney. Supper will probably be Rainforest Cafe

Sunday, Oct 11:
This morning we will head over to Epcot, Via Napoli is the plan for lunch

Monday, Oct 12:
Chef Mickey’s this morning and then MK

Tuesday, Oct 13:
This night is MNSSHP. I'm not planning a park day today but we might go check out the Boardwalk.

Wednesday, Oct 14:
Today will be a rest/pool day. This night I'm hoping to get an ADR to 'Ohana

Thursday, Oct 15:
We'll be going to DHS today. I'm thinking of maybe doing the Fantasmic Dinner Package with Mama Melrose but I'm not sure yet.

Friday, Oct 16:
Our last park is AK then probably head over to DD for supper, no ADR just wherever our bellies take us.

Saturday, Oct 17: Go home :(

*As of right now the 180 day window hasn't happened yet so I haven't made my ADR's
**I have plans to take resort breaks during the day. Lex is obviously young and I don't want to overwhelm him. Naps and a little pool time will go a long way.

What do you all think? I'm totally open to opinions/advice. I'm not a picky eater but Eric is (you thought I was going to say the kid didn't you?). Eric is a pretty basic eater so I check out the menus before I make the ADR's and that way he has more than one choice wherever we eat. Lex eats when it suits him and it's generally off of my plate because a plate to himself is a waste. I won't get anything exotic but he'll eat ribs, pork, chicken and beef (however any meat is chicken to him), he prefers rice to potatoes, although put a plate of spaghetti (or ghetti) in front of him and he will eat like a champ.

rob0519

Congratulations on your return trip. I'm sure you will all have a magical time. I can't think of a much better day than breakfast at Chef Mickey's followed by the MK. Hopefully, you will get Chef Mickey's and the other ADRs you want. It sounds like a solid plan for the age and size of your family. On one of your non-park days you may want to consider spending a few hours resort hopping along the monorail. You would however, have to take a boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness Lodge.

Rach&Eric

Original Poster
Congratulations on your return trip. I'm sure you will all have a magical time. I can't think of a much better day than breakfast at Chef Mickey's followed by the MK. Hopefully, you will get Chef Mickey's and the other ADRs you want. It sounds like a solid plan for the age and size of your family. On one of your non-park days you may want to consider spending a few hours resort hopping along the monorail. You would however, have to take a boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks! And resort hopping along the monorail sounds like a good idea actually. Taking the boat to Wilderness Lodge wouldn't be a problem and I have been wanting to check out that resort. I'll definitely have to fit that in!

CAPTAIN HOOK

We're returning this August after a six year absence !!!

POFQ was our first ever Disney Resort, what is there not to like about the place ? Its lovely, its compact and the boats to DTD are great.

Rach&Eric

Original Poster
We're returning this August after a six year absence !!!

POFQ was our first ever Disney Resort, what is there not to like about the place ? Its lovely, its compact and the boats to DTD are great.

Gah, I feel your pain about the long absence.

YES!!! That's exactly why we love it. It's compact and the boats to DTD is a huge plus. The resort is gorgeous, you're in Disney but you're not. I'd like to stay at other resorts someday but I'm afraid I might regret not going to POFQ LOL

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'd like to stay at other resorts someday but I'm afraid I might regret not going to POFQ LOL
Oh there's plenty of other Resorts, all unique in their own way. We have fond memories of our two trips at POFQ. We've fallen for AKL now, but come the day that we can't afford it, we'll be back at POFQ

Rach&Eric

Original Poster
Oh there's plenty of other Resorts, all unique in their own way. We have fond memories of our two trips at POFQ. We've fallen for AKL now, but come the day that we can't afford it, we'll be back at POFQ

Nice, AKL would definitely be another one and WL as well. I hope you have a fantastic trip and please make a TR, I love reading about everyone's trips.

mrdrift

Love the return plans and I would agree not to over whelm Lex on his first trip. Slow and steady is the way to go. Your plans seem perfect for your trip. Following along.

Last edited:

Rach&Eric

Original Poster
OMG, so excited, I got this in the mail yesterday!!!! Then of course when Lex saw this he wanted to watch The Incredibles. I have been collecting Disney movies for a long time so I have a lot of them. Last week he watched Robin Hood but he's been most obsessed with A Bugs Life which he calls "the ants", Cars and Finding Nemo.

DISNEY.JPG

Rach&Eric

Original Poster
Down to 62 days!!!! I'll be making my Fast Pass+ selections in a couple of days so I'm very excited. I ended up getting all of the ADR's I wanted plus one to Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic Dinner package. I'm resisting the urge to take out our suitcases!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom