Finally going back to our second home!

tinkerblonde11

My family has not been to WDW in over 6 years, when before that time period we had gone nearly every summer for a while. It had gotten to the point where I was entering high school soon and we just didn't appreciate it in full any longer. We took a break. A sad, long break. But alas, since I am going to college in the fall I convinced my parents to book a Disney Vacation! Me (17) and my sister (27) are ecstatic to experience Disney again with my parents. The trip is in 24 days and I absolutely cannot wait!

Goals:
- Ride Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Toy Story MM, The Little Mermaid, and Space Mountain - all for the first time!
- Take a silly selfie with Peter Pan
- Eat at Be Our Guest
- Meet (or at least see) Jafar!! (my favorite villain)
- Mention to Gaston the Macbeth quote he states in the movie ("Screw your courage to the sticking place")
- Watch the Magic Kingdom's "Kiss Goodnight"

DisSplash

That is so awesome! I kind of expect that to happen with our family as well when my kids get a little older (they are grade schoolers now) but I would hope that they will still want to do such a fun vacation with 'mom and dad' when they are your age. As of now we are headed there in August for our 5th trip in 5 years, so I guess it sounds like we are on the same track as you and your family for now! ;)
Are you guys staying on property?

Upvote 0

tinkerblonde11

Original Poster
That is so awesome! I kind of expect that to happen with our family as well when my kids get a little older (they are grade schoolers now) but I would hope that they will still want to do such a fun vacation with 'mom and dad' when they are your age. As of now we are headed there in August for our 5th trip in 5 years, so I guess it sounds like we are on the same track as you and your family for now! ;)
Are you guys staying on property?
Yes, we will be at Port Orleans Riverside!

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

My family has not been to WDW in over 6 years, when before that time period we had gone nearly every summer for a while. It had gotten to the point where I was entering high school soon and we just didn't appreciate it in full any longer. We took a break. A sad, long break. But alas, since I am going to college in the fall I convinced my parents to book a Disney Vacation! Me (17) and my sister (27) are ecstatic to experience Disney again with my parents. The trip is in 24 days and I absolutely cannot wait!

Goals:
- Ride Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Toy Story MM, The Little Mermaid, and Space Mountain - all for the first time!
- Take a silly selfie with Peter Pan
- Eat at Be Our Guest
- Meet Jafar!! (my favorite villain)
Sounds like a great trip. I don't want to show my age (52), but what is a silly selfie?

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

My favourite resort..Don't forget to stand on the bridge overlooking the Sassagoula river.The bridge opposite Oak/ Parterre..Close your eyes and toss a dime into the river and make a wish..We saw a couple doing it on our first visit.A CM was watching us watching them.He told us a story that a young couple had been trying to start a family for several years with no luck.The next year the couple came back with their new addition..A little girl whom they named Missi..Thats a true story..;)

Upvote 0

tinkerblonde11

Original Poster
My favourite resort..Don't forget to stand on the bridge overlooking the Sassagoula river.The bridge opposite Oak/ Parterre..Close your eyes and toss a dime into the river and make a wish..We saw a couple doing it on our first visit.A CM was watching us watching them.He told us a story that a young couple had been trying to start a family for several years with no luck.The next year the couple came back with their new addition..A little girl whom they named Missi..Thats a true story..;)
Aww amazing! Disney magic can make anything possible! :p As many times we've crossed that bridge I've never even thought of making a wish, will absolutely be doing that. Just need to think of something extra special!

Upvote 0

coachwnh

Very cool!!

Upvote 0

DisSplash

We stayed there in 2009! I loved the theming and the kids loved the big water wheel, but I was not a big fan of the bus transportation .... Towards the end of our week -- and after too many full buses passed us by -- we ended up letting the next available bus determine our park destination for the day.
I hope things are a bit different for you when you go. They have a handful of bus stops, so maybe you can try them all out for the best one.

Upvote 0

tinkerblonde11

Original Poster
We stayed there in 2009! I loved the theming and the kids loved the big water wheel, but I was not a big fan of the bus transportation .... Towards the end of our week -- and after too many full buses passed us by -- we ended up letting the next available bus determine our park destination for the day.
I hope things are a bit different for you when you go. They have a handful of bus stops, so maybe you can try them all out for the best one.
Yes we've learned to have the patience of saints when it comes to the bus stops, but we always say it's all part of the experience ;) - And yes a picture in front of the water wheel is always a must! The theming there is some of the best so we rarely ever stayed anywhere else!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom