final Millionaire show video

cyberbro

Cool post, I just still don't understand why they got rid of it.

a castmember I used to work with at millionaire sent me this, it's a brief video of the final showing of Millionaire at MGM. It's kind of interesting to see everyone back for one last time. It's even more interesting to see a full show! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wrQiqO5MA

Frank Stallone

1. Studios wasn't designed for expansion. What little space they have available is valued.

2. Attendance: Shows just weren't doing as well as some guests might like to think.

3. The television show isn't anywhere near as popular as it was when the attraction opened, and doesn't have as much appeal.

4. The attraction that is replacing it will bring in many more guests on a daily basis.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d think guest flow is more of an issue; there are 5 official expansion areas free in the park - who knows how many others. Expansion isn`t an issue. Millionare simply wasn`t pulling them in. Certainly in the UK, and I believe ABC did it in the US too, it was rammed down our throats so much on TV we began to despise it.

JoeyGuacamole

Original Poster
I`d think guest flow is more of an issue; there are 5 official expansion areas free in the park - who knows how many others. Expansion isn`t an issue. Millionare simply wasn`t pulling them in. Certainly in the UK, and I believe ABC did it in the US too, it was rammed down our throats so much on TV we began to despise it.

You nailed it. I worked Millionaire for a little under a year and besides special events like Star Wars weekends and ESPN the Weekend, it was really hard to get people into the shows (well at least on time -- Millionaire had very strict rules set by the Florida Gaming Commission that said once the rules are read we couldn't let anyone else inside).

It was nice to see most of the old hosts back, and even better to see Kevin host again, I swear -- that man was born to be a game show host.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom