Final Fate of SGE...re-imagineered?

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I completely agree Bull

Our childrens' brains should be stimulated. They should be challenged on every level. Their sensitivities and abilities challenged at every opportunity. Which is why we discuss here the need to avoid rides and attractions which bear no resemblance to the area of the park in which they are located. (AE)

Or those rides which do nothing in regards to telling a story, except to provide a momentary thrill. In this we find the crux of many of the debates over not only what types of rides/attractions to build, but where to build them and how much to spend on them. I have no doubt that Walt wholeheartedly believed in his comments to the enth degree. But in this day and age of instant gratification, so-called reality TV, etc., there is the battle for the minds of children all around us. It's a difficult thing for Disney to tackle, and I for one, think they've done a very admirable job to date. Did I like Alien? Yes. But I felt if was a bit much for small children, and thought it was out of place to a small degree.

I do believe that Stitch is a much better fit for those reasons I just mentioned. Do I want things to be stale, and melancholy? Of course not. But I also don't think you could have a ride, say, going over the historical significance of Nazi Germany, the Holocaust, or even Sept. 11th. That isn't the job of Disney. Their job is to provide fun. The villians are needed in order for good to triumph over evil. That is true. But is it necessary to provide that in rides for a theme park? Or wouldn't you rather provide fun and happy memories for your theme park? Yes I know, there are villians in many of the childrens rides there. But you must admit they are very generic in their look, and don't pose quite the threat of a spitting, flesh eating, (mythical) alien?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom