Fill me in on the Extra Magic Hours Benefit!

IWorkWTeeth

Although we have a house we stay at in Kissimmee, we have booked a night at the Port Orleans Riverside for one night to use the EMH benefit. I've heard 2 different explainations on how it works. One told me that the park is emptied out, you show your resort ID for a wrist band and then re-enter. That sounds like it would take a long time. Then I've heard that you can find a cast member in the park, show your ID and get a wristband without ever interrupting your visit. Can someone help clear this up for me??? Thanks in advance!

rainfully

IWorkWTeeth said:
Although we have a house we stay at in Kissimmee, we have booked a night at the Port Orleans Riverside for one night to use the EMH benefit. I've heard 2 different explainations on how it works. One told me that the park is emptied out, you show your resort ID for a wrist band and then re-enter. That sounds like it would take a long time. Then I've heard that you can find a cast member in the park, show your ID and get a wristband without ever interrupting your visit. Can someone help clear this up for me??? Thanks in advance!

Wow... whoever told you the first explaination is dead wrong! :lol: Can you imagine the hassle?!

Anyways... all you have to do is show your key and they'll give you a wristband... then just show your wristband when you go on any attractions after the closing. No re-entry needed!

Upvote 0

IWorkWTeeth

Original Poster
Actually, a Disney rep. on the reservations line told me! I had originally booked POP CENTURY, but then we needed to upgrade a hotel to fit 5 because of the EMH at the MK that night. I was asking her all the questions about it and she told me that they empty out the park!!! Thanks for the info.! Is it still crazy in the parks during the EMH???

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Rain is abslutely correct. As far as if it is crazy , I havent done enough of the EMH nights to comment. The two that I did were really very managable numberwise but the first night was FREEZING and the second was at Animal Kingdom which I have heard doesnt have a great turn out for EMH. Belle

Upvote 0

rainfully

I've only been to two as well... one for Epcot and one for MK. Epcot was deserted... although I have a feeling it had something to do with the downpour that they had durrring IllumiNations... :lol:

At MK... there is so much open that the crowds spread out nicely. Of course everything was a walk-on there as well... we were there durring a fairly slow time to begin with. I'd imagine they get more crowded durring the summer and more crowded times.

Upvote 0

Discmen

EMH was a nightmare last week. Wenesday at MK was more crowded than the entire rest of the vacation. Epcot was no better, because so little is open. Also, unless the parks close early, or you like to stay up all night, the eveining EMH is pointless. At the MK it didn't start until 11:00pm. From now on I will follow the advise of those who say avoid EMH at all costs, as the non EMH parks have less people.

Upvote 0

Robfasto

We did 3 nights and 3 parks the last week of May and loved it. Everything was either walk-on or 5-10 minute wait tops. Most of all it depends on what time of year you are going and of course how many resort guest take advantage of it.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

IWorkWTeeth said:
and she told me that they empty out the park!!!/QUOTE]
Well she is correct (in a very round-a-bout way) Once EMH starts then those guests who are not staying on site will exit a lot sooner than other guests thus the park emptys. But as has been said - they don't shut down and re-open

Upvote 0

kimrn87

:brick: Personally I preferred the E-ride nights when you paid extra to stay late at the magic kingdom. We experienced the EMH on Monday and we experienced the E-ride night same time last year and the EMH was a lot more crowded compared to our E-ride night....it was still fun and the wait time was considerably lower than during the day. We also went the the EMH @ Disney Studios but there is just not enough to do. We had to get fast passes for the EMH to ride the coaster. It is nice to wander around MK without bumping into and dodging people while walking around :)

Upvote 0

wdwdave09

EMH clarification

Actually, no one has to leave the park during EMH. Anyone who has a paid admission can stay, but only resort guests can pick up a specially colored wristband so that they can ride the rides. You need to show the wristband to ride the open attractions. And you can't just walk up to any CM, show your resort ID and get a wristband. Each park has particular locations where EMH wristband distribution takes place. You need to ask a CM to find out where the distribution points are (and I think they vary depending on crowd size). And some CMs only ask to see one member of the party's resort ID while others ask to see everyone's ID. Make sure you have a resort ID for everyone in your group.

One more point - not all stores, carts and restaurants are open during EMH. Make sure you get a EMH park guide to see which restaurants are open so you can eat if you get hungry. At Epcot, the World Showcase stores close at REGULAR park closing time NOT at EMH closing time (at least this was true in Japan).

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Correct Aimee, EMH have no charge, it is a perk of staying at a Disney resort. Also EMH hours are at EVERY park on one day or another. E-ride nights were only at the Magic Kingdom and were about $13.00 if memory serves. Welcome to the Boards!! Belle

Upvote 0

Austin1

I've got a question about EMH also.
Me and my friend lance are going to the world in Aug. We are staying at either the dolphin or all star movies. anyway,we are meeting one of our friends familys down there and he isn't going to be staying in the hotel with us untill later in the trip is there anyway he can still do EMH with us since he is in out hotel party later in the trip and the room will not have max. occupancy utill he is there with us? Thanks for any info :wave:

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Austin1 said:
I've got a question about EMH also.
Me and my friend lance are going to the world in Aug. We are staying at either the dolphin or all star movies. anyway,we are meeting one of our friends familys down there and he isn't going to be staying in the hotel with us untill later in the trip is there anyway he can still do EMH with us since he is in out hotel party later in the trip and the room will not have max. occupancy utill he is there with us? Thanks for any info :wave:
I don't think there is. Unless he has a room key with his name on it for that date, he can't get a wristband for evening EMH. He might be able to stay in the park with you all but the CM's will not let him on attactions if they check for a wrist band.

Wait... are you all checking in at the same time? like a party of 4 checking in the first day and he just won't show up until later? Or is he going to show up then check in later? If you all check in at the same time, then yes he probably can get it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom