Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Mickeynerd17

Yep.

Brass finally tripping over his popularity likely saved the concept from total replacement. He'll be there. Channing won't. How else they walk the tightrope remains to be seen. Or not.
Took them long enough, but at least they finally see the potential. 🙂

Now it really is more a matter of when than if it will happen.

Haymarket2008

Hopefully Dreamfinder is there (or someone similar).

I don't think Figment really works without a Dreamfinder figure.

I think he definitely works as a character without Dreamfinder, the proof is in the pudding, BUT I do agree at the core of it. Both were designed in tandem and are yin/yang to the concept of Imagination.

I would be extremely disappointed if Dreamfinder doesn't make a triumphant return. And, frankly, I would be surprised if he didn't.

UNCgolf

I think he definitely works as a character without Dreamfinder, the proof is in the pudding, BUT I do agree at the core of it. Both were designed in tandem and are yin/yang to the concept of Imagination.

I would be extremely disappointed if Dreamfinder doesn't make a triumphant return. And, frankly, I would be surprised if he didn't.

I think he works as a character on his own in the abstract (merchandise, meet and greet, etc.) -- I just don't think he works well narratively, as would probably be needed for a good Imagination ride.

zipadee999

I think he works as a character on his own in the abstract (merchandise, meet and greet, etc.) -- I just don't think he works well narratively, as would probably be needed for a good Imagination ride.
Yeah, figment without dreamfinder is like Groot without Rocket or Sam without Ollie (America Sings reference). He was designed as a side character who is meant to be ‘learning’ alongside the rider while somebody else is a host who does all the talking (dreamfinder). Nigel Channing doesn’t work because Figment becomes the ‘teacher’ and Nigel learns about imagination. When figment is in the teacher role, he becomes loud and annoying, and what was once considered childlike wonder when Figment was in his original role is now played off as a bothersome nuisance.

The perfect character dynamic aside from the original JII to look at would be Henry Mystic and Albert.

Bocabear

Bring back Dreamfinder with a spectacular Kinetic Steampunk Dreamport...Something really amazing...a literal factory of Dreams... A new ride, a Walk-through attraction similar to the traveling Museum exhibits like the Van Gogh interactive... Everything grand and over the top and jaw-droppingly beautiful. They really do still have the talent to do it if they were allowed to develop it... Maybe even an attached "Imagineering Labs" preview center.... Bring the fun back....

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm surprised they never went a Disney Jr route with him in the style of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse CG style..They could have called it "Figment's Dreamfinders" where Figment helps out people to release their Sparks of Inspiration to everyday things..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom