Fight outside Haunted Mansion on New Year's Eve

TheOneVader

Before anyone else say fignerpritning, Connor002 is right. It doesn't take fignerprints. The machine takes measurements of the distance between certain features of your finger, and generates a number based on that. There are 100s of possible numbers. At least, that's what I read in another topic.

bob0012

The person who was defending theself is usually just released back into the park, assuming they didn't do somthing to esclate the incident further. (IE kick someone after they are down or cause the whole thing by following someone around all day and taunting them). If the decision is made to kick someone for the most part they are just thrown out and their ticket is taken.

Now if they refuse to cooperate then that becomes a larger issue. At that point the police would be called, and a trespass would probebly be issued if they have to get the police involved. Once that has been done if the offender steps foot back on disney property they can be arreseted and charged with tresspassing which can result in jail time.

Now how would they know, well for one, they do keep these names on file, secondly, they do keep pictures around of these people. And of course it's not to much of a streach to say, those pictures can be loaded up onto the security system, and compare against the cameras that take pictures of you all around the park.

Number_6

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
What about the fingerprint thing when you enter the park.. doesnt that read your fingerprints? Or is it doing something else.. more evil.. like cloning our DNA? If it reads our fingerprints then isnt it possible to ban fingerprints from entering the park? You wouldnt be able to get thru the gate if you were flagged?

No, it is not reading your fingerprints. It is reading your biometrics. If you look on the reader, you will see a set of little lights that make a triangle, what the system is doing is sensing where your fingers are located, their length and width, along with the width between them when you place them into the reader. The first time the ticket is used, it stores the information in a central system. Anytime after that, when the ticket is used, it looks for the biometrics to read within a certain margin of error in order to be able to be used. It is possible for more than one person to have the same biometrics or be within the margin of error for someone else, so it's not a perfect system, but it works well enough to keep people from trying to give other people their tickets.

GoofyMom2

We witnessed a really loud shouting match that quickly escalated to a lot of shoving and then someone else getting smacked in the head! This was at the line to get on the trams at MGM. It was pretty ugly and scary for the kids. The 2 people who did not start it ie the people who were shoved and smacked, walked away while the offender jumped on the tram. It was over before security got there. A poor CM was trying to call back the one gentleman who was shoved and decided he would just walk to his car. Bad part he was grumbling something not so nice about Americans..... I hate that one bad apple spoiled his view of Disney and an entire population! :eek:

Connor002

I wonder why I always picture Disney security as a SWAT team with Mickey ear hats... :lookaroun

Anyone care to photoshop it for me? :lookaroun

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
When I worked at PI I saw fights all of the time. Mostly at BET and Motion....both of those clubs should be shut down IMHO.

~heather

CrashNet

The length of how long they are forbidden to enter the park usually varies depending on what caused the expulsion. Sometimes its a week or two, sometimes a month, a year, and yes, there are instances where it is a permanent ban from the park for the rest of their lives. They do use photo ID and the biometric scans to lock out guests who are removed from the park. We won't go into the biometric scan stuff because its been explained already, but the jest is that it doesn't scan your fingerprint, but instead saves several distinct points that are unique to the individual on your fingers.

One other thing, you can actually be banned from a single park if the infraction is small, or all Disney property all over the world, so there is a wide range of "punishments" for fights, arguments, vandelism, etc...

Good example: if you jump out of the moving cars on SSE (and it happens so often, sensors were installed around the ride track to detect them), you are removed from EPCOT and banned from the park anywhere from 6 months to a year.

thisisnotanexit

oh gosh, on sunday i got an eye full. while waiting in line to purchase tickets at the magic kingdom, i watched a woman and her daughter make fools of themselves, yelling and making ridiculous requests. they were trying to use her sister's tickets, but of course could not because the names didn't match. well, these women simply could not understand that. they stood there demanding that the workers personally write her sister a letter stating why they wouldn't let her in the park. it was so silly. eventually security came and took care of them. oh well, at least i got a good laugh.

nyfrenchy

Do you know for how long "Crackers" (the corporate crime fighting chicken) has been baned from disneyworld?

http://www.abeledit.com/crackers.html

that video does not show the whole segment... Later Crackers actually goes inside the magic kingdom (!! How did he get through the turnstiles???) and was later arrested by disney security.

WDWwolfpacker21

Ive never had to stick my fingers in those machines or have I ever had to pull out an ID. The only time I had to sign my card was to use it to charge merchandise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom