Festival of the Lion King Technical Difficulties

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
The trampoline stage in Festival of the Lion King is currently broken. It caused two shows to be canceled this morning, and subsequent shows did not feature the tumble monkeys act (they were still in the show, but did not perform any of the gymnastics).

Philo

Thanks for the update. I know it isn't good when these things break but I'm always amazed at how fast an alternative show can be put on (I know they must have plans but still, learning the new routines can't be easy)

TheDisneyMagic

Yer, they have alternate shows that are usually pre learned so that they can be switched to with a moments notice, pretty much all productions at WDW have this.

Hopefully the float can be repaired quickly and resume normal production again.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I noticed one of the monkeys during the finale was running around acting like he didn't know what to do. I assume it was part of the act, but who knows. At one point he was sitting on the Giraffe float just clapping very enthusiastically.

I also never noticed the waterfall in front of the Elephant float that turns off and on.

Thurp

I noticed one of the monkeys during the finale was running around acting like he didn't know what to do. I assume it was part of the act, but who knows. At one point he was sitting on the Giraffe float just clapping very enthusiastically.

Part of the show

I also never noticed the waterfall in front of the Elephant float that turns off and on.

Somewhat new-ish.

Ailtara

I used to work at FoLK and the stage breaking isn't all too rare. It's fixed very quickly, usually within the day.

Cmdr_Crimson

What happens when they do the alternate version after the opening?
Does the show go right into "Be prepared" with the fire dancer?

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I don't recall the exact order, but the monkeys were cut out from the point where Timon says something about spending time on the evolutionary ladder. They did ruin his solo however, and pick bugs off each other.

Ailtara

RSoxNo1, you are correct. Everyone does the Hand Jive segment and then it fades directly into 'Be Prepared'.

That's my favorite alternate version of the show(I'm not a crazy monkey person), followed very closely by the alt. 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' which occurs when there's only one bird or the aerial section can't be performed. All the filler 'flight' music is removed and it goes from the first verse straight into this hardcore up-an-octave super mega pop-star version of the song that none of the singers are ever prepared for. Loads of fun to watch.

sillyspook13

RSoxNo1, you are correct. Everyone does the Hand Jive segment and then it fades directly into 'Be Prepared'.

That's my favorite alternate version of the show(I'm not a crazy monkey person), followed very closely by the alt. 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' which occurs when there's only one bird or the aerial section can't be performed. All the filler 'flight' music is removed and it goes from the first verse straight into this hardcore up-an-octave super mega pop-star version of the song that none of the singers are ever prepared for. Loads of fun to watch.

That's my favorite too. When you have the right singers their duet is fantastic! And I've seen a solo male bird dancer get more applause than the aerial act!:)

sillyspook13

I used to work at FoLK and the stage breaking isn't all too rare. It's fixed very quickly, usually within the day.

I work there as well. The stage was broken again today and the first two shows were canceled again.

This is my surprised face...:lookaroun

Ailtara

I work there as well. The stage was broken again today and the first two shows were canceled again.

This is my surprised face...:lookaroun
It always seems to get worse during the winter holidays. Hopefully it's doing all the breaking now so there'll be nothing to worry about during the Christmas/New Years rush, but I'm not even thinking about taking an extra shift if that shows how much faith I have in it staying functional. :ROFLOL:

sillyspook13

It always seems to get worse during the winter holidays. Hopefully it's doing all the breaking now so there'll be nothing to worry about during the Christmas/New Years rush, but I'm not even thinking about taking an extra shift if that shows how much faith I have in it staying functional. :ROFLOL:

I've often wondered why they don't just build a new float...:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom