Festival of the Lion King closing? Pirates updating? Stitch coming back to life?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
As I do my daily Disney World research, I decided to check on an info site on closures. Lo and behold, Festival of the Lion King has a set close date for 5/9/2018. Noted as a Temporary closure, but is this Temporary to Permanent? Anyone have any other insight to this?

Also, Pirates of the Caribbean set to open on 3/18. As I have come to accept the inevitable change to the ride, I am actually excited to seeing the new fluid motion of AAs (I hope, I hope, I really really really hope it doesn't turn into a strobe-effect-flash "mob" a.k.a. The Yeti Crowd)

And Stitch is now once again seasonal. As I have read in other threads here, I thought this was on permanent closure status. Why is it bumped back to temporary? Is it still being used for heavy crowded seasons? (Well, everyday now it seems to be a heavy crowded season)

Otterhead

I decided to check on an info site on closures. Lo and behold, Festival of the Lion King has a set close date for 5/9/2018. Noted as a Temporary closure, but is this Temporary to Permanent?
Not a permanent closure, just a refurbishment.

And Stitch is now once again seasonal.
Much to the surprise of CMs, who were told it was closing permanently. Given that the PeopleMover often has half-hour waits, I guess they didn't want to lose more capacity during high seasons.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
1. Most likely refurb/ vacation/ training. They are not going to shutter a show that popular.

2. Plan on the auction scene changing. Not sure what else, if anything is in the works.

3. Attractions are frequently kept in a seasonal state to deal with seasonal crowds right up to the point demolition starts for whatever will replace them. It just makes sense to as plans change, construction gets delayed, etc.

Castle Cake Apologist

As I do my daily Disney World research, I decided to check on an info site on closures. Lo and behold, Festival of the Lion King has a set close date for 5/9/2018. Noted as a Temporary closure, but is this Temporary to Permanent? Anyone have any other insight to this?

Also, Pirates of the Caribbean set to open on 3/18. As I have come to accept the inevitable change to the ride, I am actually excited to seeing the new fluid motion of AAs (I hope, I hope, I really really really hope it doesn't turn into a strobe-effect-flash "mob" a.k.a. The Yeti Crowd)

And Stitch is now once again seasonal. As I have read in other threads here, I thought this was on permanent closure status. Why is it bumped back to temporary? Is it still being used for heavy crowded seasons? (Well, everyday now it seems to be a heavy crowded season)

3. I wouldn't get toooooo excited about the AAs. I'm pretty sure it's going to be all the same animatronics, just redressed and maybe reskinned.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
3. I wouldn't get toooooo excited about the AAs. I'm pretty sure it's going to be all the same animatronics, just redressed and maybe reskinned.
I did get to catch a glimpse of the new auction scene in the Paris version (I think it was). Not bad, but I hope DW has that good of quality and doesn't just go in there and re-clothe a semi-working subpar AA...that would kind of suck. I mean we got a great AA for Jack Sparrow. I would think they could come in with a new one for the Red Head at least.

Castle Cake Apologist

I did get to catch a glimpse of the new auction scene in the Paris version (I think it was). Not bad, but I hope DW has that good of quality and doesn't just go in there and re-clothe a semi-working subpar AA...that would kind of suck. I mean we got a great AA for Jack Sparrow. I would think they could come in with a new one for the Red Head at least.

Oh, I completely agree. However, and I could be completely wrong about this, I believe all of the AAs in Paris' scene are still the same ones. The red head was just reposed, redressed, and reprogrammed.

Paging @marni1971 - any insight on this one?

NickMaio

ARG - Get rid of SGE already. Such a waste of space. I am ALL for nostalgia, but this never really fit for me. Such a duct tape job. Not typical Disney quality.

HwdStudio

As often called “the pride and joy of the entertainment division” Festival of the Lion King isn’t going anywhere and I fear that the first paragraph in your post is going to set into motion people stating it as fact when it is far from it.

I tend to agree with what the others have said about POTC and SGE. I do hope POTC resembles DLP and I wish SGE would go away for good.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I fear that the first paragraph in your post is going to set into motion people stating it as fact when it is far from it.

It is closing, but like I said temporarily. I wasn't sure what was happening and asked others if they had more info on it. I was questioning the possible nature of the show (as we often do here at WDW Magic, ya know, question things).

Why is it far from fact?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom