Ferry dock remodel

jt04

So, there is speculation afoot that the convention facilities at the CR May be going away. Could this be related to all the reconfiguration we are seeing for the MK' s transportation systems the last few years?

GrumpyFan

And at what point does WDW offer a TSA Precheck type set up for those who wish to pay for it and pass screening test?? :rolleyes:

I was wondering this as well. I'm not an AP holder, but I think at the least, they should get a special line.
I also keep wondering when Disney will go with the standard that most large venue facilities have now adopted, like sports and concert facilities, and start encouraging (eventually forcing) everyone to carry clear see-thru bags.

jt04

I was wondering this as well. I'm not an AP holder, but I think at the least, they should get a special line.
I also keep wondering when Disney will go with the standard that most large venue facilities have now adopted, like sports and concert facilities, and start encouraging (eventually forcing) everyone to carry clear see-thru bags.

A separate line for AP' s and DVC owners is a must when practical. Hopefully that will be part of this.

Goofnut1980

A separate line for AP' s and DVC owners is a must when practical. Hopefully that will be part of this.

In no way do I mean this disrespectful to anyone, but I am surprised that DVC/AP doesn't have something separate. They are the ones that visit over and over, plus have a monetary investment in the resort. Heck they don't even have dedicated buses from MCO to WDW. We always rent a car because the hour+ bus ride is not worth stopping to 3 resorts before getting to our own.

I would also think this construction would want to be finished before Thanksgiving week.... but it will probably take till next JUNE to be finished.

vershine

I am sure it was long overdue for a renovation. I wondered what happen to the bricks on the walkways that were purchased by Disney fan's such as myself. We had a brick placed in this area in 1995. We went last year and it was there and still in great shape. We are going for a visit again in Dec.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am sure it was long overdue for a renovation. I wondered what happen to the bricks on the walkways that were purchased by Disney fan's such as myself. We had a brick placed in this area in 1995. We went last year and it was there and still in great shape. We are going for a visit again in Dec.

Was there any sort of agreement with Disney that the bricks would be on display for a certain amount of time? I know the names on the Leave Legacy monuments in Epcot had an agreement to stay on display for 20 years from purchase.

cslafferty

Was there any sort of agreement with Disney that the bricks would be on display for a certain amount of time? I know the names on the Leave Legacy monuments in Epcot had an agreement to stay on display for 20 years from purchase.
I think 10 years? Our brick (2005) is in front of the entrance of DCA and when they remodeled it, I thought for sure it would be gone. Went there last Dec and it's still there!

matt9112

WOW - I hadn't realized that security wait times to enter the MK had gotten that bad! 45 minutes!??! We're planning on hopping to MK in the afternoon at least 3 times on our upcoming trip (11/13-11/21). Keeping my fingers crossed that we won't experience security wait times in the 45-minute neighborhood!!

Yes its expecially awful during peak times if you have bags too....currently the bag check lines however extend so much so. Often the bagless line is blocked by the two sides of bag inspection lines overflowing. we never bring bags because of security waits.

Creathir

Here is a recent aerial from Nearmap and a picture of what it used to look like for comparison. The main difference at this point is that they are widening the path along the lagoon.

View attachment 172410

View attachment 172411

Given the triangle shape on the western edge of the existing structure, I'm guessing they are going to split the widened pathway into arriving and departing pathways, include a fenced planter, then move security to only the busses.

My guess is all boats and monorail guests will be screened before boarding at the hotels/TTC as previously discussed.

roj2323

Original Poster
Given the triangle shape on the western edge of the existing structure, I'm guessing they are going to split the widened pathway into arriving and departing pathways, include a fenced planter, then move security to only the busses.

My guess is all boats and monorail guests will be screened before boarding at the hotels/TTC as previously discussed.
BINGO!

screen-shot-2016-09-28-at-2-47-39-am-png.165609

Note since I made this image in September the Yellow line appears to be moving left to the little security kiosk on the top with the bottom of the yellow line being about center on the Ferry dock building and security will have moved further south to the area they are currently working on. If this is at all confusing I'll make an updated image.

Goofnut1980

I think screening at TTC and each resort for the monorail would be brilliant! Spread the love basically.

In addition, the bus area should have a roof added and have everyone screen through that so when you get to the entrance, just like out at Disneyland, there is nothing blocking you from actually entering and going into the park... It would flow easier.

You wouldn't even have that many more security guards, but spreading them out would also help deter the idiots out there knowing someone is ALWAYS around watching. I get a lot of it is smoke and mirrors to help deter but if more security was spread out, it would not be a bad thing!

vershine

Yes I have a Leave Legacy monument also. That does have a specific time frame on the contract of 20 years but on the contract for the brick, it is listed as perpetual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom