Feeling Unprepared

Dizknee_Phreek

Has anyone ever felt unprepared for their upcoming trip? We have 2 weeks left to go. And while I'm excited, the feeling of being unprepared, mentally and otherwise, is overshadowing everything else. I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm trying to listen to park music. Any other suggestions? I'm just feeling so scattered and I'm afraid that will lead to me not fully enjoying my trip.

yensid67

Watch YOUTUBE VIDEOS! That always helps me when I need a Disney fix! If you are feel unprepared with your plans, sit down in a quiet place and go through your plans and make sure they are working for you. You might spot something that won't work for you, thus giving you the feeling of unpreparedness!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Is there a particular way you feel unprepared (mentally, emotionally, intellectually)?

I use my love of list-making to keep my vacation worries at bay. I have a well-vetted packing list, as well as a "last-minute to-do- list" of things like returning books to the library, refilling prescriptions, double-checking park hours and refurb lists, and checking in for flights. I also have itinerary cards completed for each day of the trip with dining reservations and confirmations, park hours, FP+ and touring plans. I can rest assured that as long as I stick to my lists, I won't forget to do or bring anything important. That allows me to relax and enjoy the feeling of anticipation.

Upvote 0

DisAl

Do what I do. Let my wife do it. :D
Actually I do make the reservations, ADRs, FP, etc., for our family but when it comes to packing she does it. Personally, I don't even care if I have the right color socks on, but to keep her from being embarrassed being seen with me she makes sure I am properly dressed. :cautious:
And the nice thing is you can find any real necessities on site if you do forget something, so Hakuna Matata! and have fun.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

OP, we are leaving in 10 days, and YES I feel like you do! I make all the arrangements and even with a detailed list, get anxious.
It just goes along with our pre trip agenda. I think feeling like something is not done helps me to remember things and recheck my lists. And, yes, I have found little things I forget.
But I try to remember that even if you forget something, you can always buy it at the resort. True, it might cost a lot more, but sundries are available and clothing is in each park/resort. So I try not to stress about it.
I just check my list, talk it over with my husband, get all my must carry on items in my purse or bag, and try not to worry too much.
Don't get stressed out about feeling stressed. I think it's natural for some of us.
Have a great trip in 2 weeks:)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Youre not alone. Because theres so many details to planning a Disney trip theres a lot that needs to be done. I think no matter how well prepared you are, you always have some doubts that youve prepared enough and are remembering everything. Even up to the day we leave I have my fears of forgetting something. The thing that works best for me is to have details, packing lists, reservation #s written down. By going over my checklists and just verifying that I have done it all and have left out no important thing, I can relax. I dont actually get over the anxiety completely until I step into the resort room and can finally say... I'm Here!!

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Is there a particular way you feel unprepared (mentally, emotionally, intellectually)?

I use my love of list-making to keep my vacation worries at bay. I have a well-vetted packing list, as well as a "last-minute to-do- list" of things like returning books to the library, refilling prescriptions, double-checking park hours and refurb lists, and checking in for flights. I also have itinerary cards completed for each day of the trip with dining reservations and confirmations, park hours, FP+ and touring plans. I can rest assured that as long as I stick to my lists, I won't forget to do or bring anything important. That allows me to relax and enjoy the feeling of anticipation.

I think it's mostly mental and emotional unpreparedness. I usually have 6 months or so to fully plan and prepare. But that's for a bigger trip. This is a shorter one that was decided no where near as far in advance and has seemed to sneak up on me.
I also can't really call this a Disney trip. We're going to Universal 2 days and Epcot 1 day. Maybe that's contributing to my feelings because it's so different than any other trip we've done. All others were 90-100% Disney.
We've also currently got reservations off property. We originally did that to save money. But I've recently become an independent travel agent and can get discounts at both resorts. Because of that, we're looking at staying on Universal's property. But I have to have my physical card/credentials which haven't arrived yet. It won't make or break our trip if I don't get it in time...we'll still go. But boy it would sure help. I think the stress of all that, and not knowing exactly where we're staying 2 weeks before we arrive is causing major anxiety.
We've already made lists of what we want to do/eat. I'm definitely a list person too. I have a previous packing one. Maybe I need to make a new one to help ease the anxiety. Although I'm also anxious about what to pack...I've never been this early in the year. Is it shorts weather or pants weather or both?! I just don't know! 😓

Anyway, thanks everyone for the tips and for letting me know I'm not alone.

Upvote 0

LeighM

I know what you mean. My trip is in less than 4 weeks and I keep adding things to my to do list. What I still need to buy for the trip, making sure have enough meds for my trip (and remember to pick them up from the pharmacy), cleaning the house, doing the laundry, and changing bedding for the petsitter. Packing for me and my husband. Cleaning out the fridge. All of the things that aren't fun but still need to get done LOL. My lists keep growing....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom