Feeling really good! Things are starting to look up!

zurgandfriend

I have gone through this with my DW many times. My DS and I do things like watch AFV and sigh when they show the Disney park video's, watch the vacation DVD on a cold snowy weekend afternoon and at dinner we'll discuss some of really bad vacations on Cape Cod with my DW's family and compare them to our wonderful Disney vacations. She usually gets the hint.

disneysince71

Good morning @figmentfan423 and @disneysince71 praying all is well with you. You too @93boomer .
Everything is good... Hanging out on the coast of Carolina waiting for this record breaking storm... The only thing record breaking we have seen so far it 2 days off from school in the middle of the week! sure wish it was closer to the weekend I would have rode out of the storm from Disney!! :)

75disney

He wants to go camping in the woods!!!!!!!!!!! No electricity! I'm from Jersey! Where would I plug in my hair dryer.LOL
I didn't realize it was a Jersey thing! I really didn't even want anything to do with the tent my DD got for the backyard. My idea of roughing it is one room for four of us, with only one bathroom.

Now, that said, I think it would be interesting to stay at Ft. Wilderness for a night. I have heard you can rent camp equipment or even RV's. But it definitely would have to be in winter months, and it for sure would be a one night deal. I might as well stay in one of the cabins.
It's not just a Jersey thing; Pennsylvanians hate camping as well. I had to go Girl Scout camping with my DD's troop last May. We were in a cabin the Poconos, no bathrooms, with pit latrines. Mice kept running through the walls at night. Had to take a hike in the woods. It was horrible. My idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn or maybe a Value Resort at Disney.

Good luck with your DH. When we left Disney in Nov., my DH said we weren't going back for five years. I hope that I can change his mind. At least we are going to DL in 2015.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's not just a Jersey thing; Pennsylvanians hate camping as well. I had to go Girl Scout camping with my DD's troop last May. We were in a cabin the Poconos, no bathrooms, with pit latrines. Mice kept running through the walls at night. Had to take a hike in the woods. It was horrible. My idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn or maybe a Value Resort at Disney.

Good luck with your DH. When we left Disney in Nov., my DH said we weren't going back for five years. I hope that I can change his mind. At least we are going to DL in 2015.
Thank you!

jaklgreen

My hubby likes going but not as much as me. :) We have gone on other family vacations but I always get my Disney trip in every year. I go solo in Oct for the food and wine fest. Hubby stays home with the kids. The last couple of years he has been too busy to go on trips with us during the summer so the girls and I have gone on the cruise and to WDW without him. He knows I need my Disney fix every year. LOL

HouCuseChickie

I totally understand the camping issue. DH was an Eagle Scout and his family/close friends do an annual Christmas Campout. I remember my very first one...he said we were camping...which I assumed to mean cabins...just to find out we were sleeping in the smallest tent known to man. Since then, I've done everything to make that annual camping weekend have as many of the comforts of home as possible. Thankfully there's a small cabin with a real full bathroom out there and a power source in case I want to run an extension cord into the tent. The weekend is always a blast, but it takes a decent amount of alcohol to make the tent part tolerable. ;)

Thankfully, a lot of outdoorsy type vacation spots offer cabins and lodges. When we went to Yellowstone and Grand Teton, all of the lodges and cabins we stayed in were essentially like being in a hotel room...i.e. comfy beds, electricity, etc. There were also lots of sit down restaurants and cafeteria style places. I know a number of the big parks offer things like this. So, just something to consider for non-Disney vacay ideas.

93boomer

Premium Member
Figgy, good luck with your DH!! Glad I don't have that problem! I usually do the planning and he goes along with whatever I decide.
Maybe you could talk him into alternating years at Disney and wherever he picks! Good luck!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom