February Park Hours

lunchbox1175

It has been a few years since I have gone, I just booked a trip for February 10th - 13th, and noticed that the park hours seem much shorter. The MK even closes at 6pm one evening. Will they extend the hours as it gets closer or is this the new normal?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
If it’s 6pm one night that is likely a private event. Moonlight magic would start later. (On some nights of a little later closings) But that is the norm to have shorter hours in fall/winter. They usually extend them slightly closer to though. :)

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm out there around that same time and I do recall that MK would at least be open until 10pm with an EMH until Midnight....I hope this gets updated...Right now it shows MK, AK & DHS being all open until 8pm with their respected EMH nights but, Epcot is still 9pm....

Upvote 0

Gringrinngghost

It's a private event it appears. There is NO HEA that night. This schedule hasn't been updated in about a month by the way.
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 6.31.32 PM.png

Upvote 0

Rumrunner

It has been a few years since I have gone, I just booked a trip for February 10th - 13th, and noticed that the park hours seem much shorter. The MK even closes at 6pm one evening. Will they extend the hours as it gets closer or is this the new normal?
WDW is definitely closing the parks earlier and earlier, esp the MK. Personally think it is a terrible business decision and not sure I understand the logic of giving customers less and charging more.

Upvote 0

Jayhawker

Yes, I am at WDW right now, and this is my first trip in about 4 years. I have never been in October before, but it seems like there are way too many nights for MNSSHP. These hard ticket events where the MK closes at 7pm are very annoying. Then the same thing goes on during Christmas time. Eventually, you will have to pay extra to stay at the MK after dark it seems!

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'd say work around the hours. We have a trip planned the same time (2/9 - 2/12) which is a make-up trip since we cancelled our September trip due to Irma.

If you can, go Saturday 2/10/18 to MK which will more than likely have their hours bumped to 9AM to 10PM based off the prior 2 years. That still gives you a solid 13 hours in that park. I believe AK closes around 8PM each of those nights which will more probably stick, maybe it gets extended to 9PM on Saturday or Friday night. Epcot is Epcot, it will always close at 9PM unless its Tuesday which it will close at 11PM. DS, well I don't really go here at the moment but an 8PM to 8:30PM closure should be expected. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom