February blackout dates

angelsteve

Any thoughts as to why February 5-12 is blacked out for the free dining? This is our first time visiting this time of year, and we picked these dates thinking it would be a great time for low crowds. I am now wondering if these dates are blacked out because Disbney is expecting large crowds for this week.

mousebymarriage

From what I have read your dates are blacked out . The dates around yours are available and they are as follows: 1/9/11-1/13/11, 1/21/11-2/3/11, 2/11/11-2/17/11, 2/25/11-3/3/11. Hope this helps!
We were in Disney this past Feb. (6th-13th) and it really wasn't crowded so I don't know why they wouldn't offer free dining during that same time in 2011. It's before presidents week so I am confused as well as to why it's blacked out.

Upvote 0

jeffk410

isnt that presidents day week and all the schools in the northeast are out. Its a very busy week. I actually think though thats the 15th... Not sure, but thats my only guess.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

Presidents day is Feb 21st and my kids are off that entire week. Now I'm even more confused as to why Disney would block that week off considering it's actually 2 weeks before Presidents week.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

o.k I just found out why. I looked on mousesavers and the "gift card" promotion is running during those dates 1/11/11-2/16/11. book 5 night package and get the following gift card:

value resorts $200
moderate resorts $300
deluxe/deluxe villa resorts $500

***The discount that was running when we went this past feb was the buy 5 get 2 nights free for value or buy 4 get 3 nights free for mod. and deluxe

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Promotion availability, black out dates, etc are based on current and anticipated booking rates and not crowd level. With more and more information available about when to go when not to go the traditionally slow seasons are getting booked farther and farther in advance which makes Disney less inclined to offer discounts.

Upvote 0

angelsteve

Original Poster
Well, I was really hoping for the buy 4 get 3 free, but will take whatever I can get. We are really looking forward to the cooler weather,low crowds, and our first vacation to Disney without our children :)

Upvote 0

Firepath

I was there around that week in 2009 for a conference. I was surprized at the number of families and school-age kids. I found out it was winter break for many of the schools in the northeast. I guess Disney knows about that too! It was pretty busy but I got to the parks at opening and didn't have any trouble seeing everything. Even when I went in the evenings after conference it was manageable, and the weather was perfect. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Not sure why they would black-out those dates. We were there that week this past February and the crowds are low (prior to the holiday) and the weather is cool.

Upvote 0

French Quarter

We went at that same time and crowds were very low. That's why we had planned to go during that week in 2011. However, when we realized that we could save more with free dining than th % off our room, we bumped our dates up to January.

Don't forget that in addition to the gift card promotion they are also offering a % off your room too. See which one works best for you. Both are general public discounts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom