February 2025

Weather_Lady

Yes, it would be an excellent time to go!

President's Day will be Monday, February 17th, 2025, and thousands of schools will have that week off, so the parks will be hugely crowded from Saturday, February 15th through Sunday, February 23rd. But starting Monday, February 24th, the crowds will decrease significantly: that week would be an ideal time to visit, threading the needle between President's Day week and the impending uptick in crowds as "Spring Break" season kicks off in early March.

If I was planning a trip for that time, I'd schedule my flights (or plan my road trip) for arrival on Sunday, February 23rd (if I could avoid an airfare bump due to the school break, anyway), spend the rest of my arrival day relaxing at the hotel pool or browsing at Disney Springs, and then start my tour of the parks first thing Monday morning.

Last edited:

BethanyMarie21

Original Poster

President's Day will be Monday, February 17th, 2025, and thousands of schools will have that week off, so the parks will be hugely crowded from Saturday, February 15th through Sunday, February 23rd. But starting Monday, February 24th, the crowds will decrease significantly: that week would be an ideal time to visit, threading the needle between President's Day week and the impending uptick in crowds as "Spring Break" season kicks off in early March.

If I was planning a trip for that time, I'd schedule my flights (or plan my road trip) for arrival on Sunday, February 23rd (if I could avoid an airfare bump due to the school break, anyway), spend the rest of my arrival day relaxing at the hotel pool or browsing at Disney Springs, and then start my tour of the parks first thing Monday morning.
Perfect! I was looking at getting there the 24th and leaving the 4th!

plutofan15

Or spend your arrival day at a water park - won't cost you any extra.

Last edited:

Tom P.

Schools take an entire week off for Presidents Day? I've never heard of that. None of the schools around here do.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Schools take an entire week off for Presidents Day? I've never heard of that. None of the schools around here do.
YUP, "mid-winter" break. Lots of schools in the NE along the I-95 corridor then some of them get a week for Easter (spring break). They tend to get out around the first day of summer

Weather_Lady

Yes - much of the northeastern United States does. We're in western NY, and so many of us travel to Florida during that week (to escape the snow) that on the 3 or 4 occasions when we've gone to Orlando over February break, we've run into people we knew from home in the parks!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom