February 2014

cgulls

Any other February trips planned? And any good theories as to why the operating hours haven't been released yet? They're now a couple weeks later than they should be and a day later than what I'd consider the drop-dead 180-day date.

SMS55

It seems as if they are taking longer to release hours. Keep in mind that the current trend is not to base hours on historical average crowds but to add hours as the days approach and they can make a better determination based on bookings. Keep in mind historically outside of President's Day weekend, February is a slower time. Park hours aren't very long and there will be some rides down for refurbs. I've gone in February before and it's not so bad though.

Upvote 0

cgulls

Original Poster
It seems as if they are taking longer to release hours. Keep in mind that the current trend is not to base hours on historical average crowds but to add hours as the days approach and they can make a better determination based on bookings. Keep in mind historically outside of President's Day weekend, February is a slower time. Park hours aren't very long and there will be some rides down for refurbs. I've gone in February before and it's not so bad though.

We're going 2.14-2.21. So, mostly Presidents Day week (we'd prefer to avoid the crowds but with those darn kids' schedules . . .)

I'm surprised to see the hours not announced yet at all. For anybody with a Feb 1 trip, they're now at 180.

Upvote 0

cgulls

Original Poster
And . . . is there any predictability on ride refurbs? Other than BB I don't see anything that's been announced yet. I'm hopeful that with the major refurbs on Splash and BTMRR the past two years that maybe those will both be open, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Upvote 0

SMS55

Splash historically will go down during Jan. and Feb. for a week or two. Other than that I don't know. Water Parks also rotate closings. Other than that I don't know.

Upvote 0

cetta28

We haven't booked the trip yet but we are hoping to go February 23-28. I've never been to Disney in February and I am kind of hoping for low crowds and cooler weather (the hubby doesn't do very well in the FL heat). This will be our last trip before hopefully starting a family :)

Upvote 0

LizC

I noticed this too. Very frustrating since I had to make my ADR's yesterday. I used touringplans.com as they had their predictions of what the hours would be. I would think they would release the official hours any day now.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Any other February trips planned? And any good theories as to why the operating hours haven't been released yet? They're now a couple weeks later than they should be and a day later than what I'd consider the drop-dead 180-day date.

Hi there,

I'm a bit annoyed about these hours not being released yet. I even talked to a cast member about it. I am going at the end of Feb and don't make my ADR's until the 25th of this month. But I feel SO bad for those who don't have the hours yet and this effects their plans and their ADR's. The cast member first was annoyed I was asking about the dates, but then came around and could see my point of the planning. She indicated they would be out soon. But I think its nuts that they are not out yet. I did use touringplans.com to get an estimate of hours and which had EMH. This is projected but they are usually on point with their estimates. I'm anxiously waiting for the hours to be released too. Hang in there. And for a best guess - use touring plans. :)

Upvote 0

mousefreak

Hi there,

I'm a bit annoyed about these hours not being released yet. I even talked to a cast member about it. I am going at the end of Feb and don't make my ADR's until the 25th of this month. But I feel SO bad for those who don't have the hours yet and this effects their plans and their ADR's. The cast member first was annoyed I was asking about the dates, but then came around and could see my point of the planning. She indicated they would be out soon. But I think its nuts that they are not out yet. I did use touringplans.com to get an estimate of hours and which had EMH. This is projected but they are usually on point with their estimates. I'm anxiously waiting for the hours to be released too. Hang in there. And for a best guess - use touring plans. :)
If we would have stayed with our original plans, today would have been our 180 day mark and we would be booking our ADR's.

I'm really surprised Feb hours haven't been released.

Upvote 0

mishel635

Hi everyone! We have booked 7 nights at the Beach Club villas from 2/15 - 2/22 and we are already counting down!!!!! I am also checking the website daily for hours and times. Just hoping they will be out before we can make our ADR's in nine days!!! :)

I will have to check out touringplans.com. Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

If we would have stayed with our original plans, today would have been our 180 day mark and we would be booking our ADR's.

I'm really surprised Feb hours haven't been released.

I was thinking that today! Yeah - I'm a wee bit irritated about it. I hope they come out soon. I don't like surprises. And i'm thinking there will be since it is taking so long to post the hours. And i'm wondering if touringplans.com will be off then. Hoping for the best!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Hey there - just wanted to let you know that I spoke to a cast member via the chat function again this a.m. regarding the times and release. He was snippy. His name was "Snyder". I don't know if these are actual people or robo answers. But assuming they are a human, he was not amused with my question. I was nice and sweet and filled my question with explanation on why I was asking. I explained that I know they are released 180 days out - and his response was "yes, that would be Feb 7th." I explained that I understand that...but today is the 11th. And I asked if he had any idea of when they may be released. His response - before September. Uhhhh...thanks? Yeah, I could have figured that out on my own. I went into more detail that I was concerned with the delay that Disney was revamping their EMH schedule or park hours therefore my "predictions" would be pointless. And his reply, "can I help you with anything else." Uhhhh....nope? So yeah, that was a waste of time. I guess we just keep waiting and hope for the best. :)

Upvote 0

cgulls

Original Poster
I think the official website is the last place I'd look for current, accurate information. The ones on this site, presumably, are the hours officially released to travel agents.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom