Feb YOMD Sweepstakes Any Winners?

Blue_Pearl

Original Poster
I know a lot of us entered nearly daily. Did any WDWMagic members win anything? The digi-prizes are great, but were there any actual prize winners amongst us?

Just Curious:wave:

djkidkaz

No I emailed in EVERY day of Feb. It was the first thing I did in the morning. I actually had two going all month. There was also one on weather.com that I was signing up for each day. Neither of them even sent me an email once saying "sorry your a loser". :brick:

TIGERBEAR1

Not only did I put my entry in EVERY morning all month of February,
but the 29th (Leap year) the sweepstakes webpage vanished like my chances of winning anything.

Was at Disneyland the evening they filmed the footage for the Disneyland Dream Suite Giveaway. That was about as close as i'll get to it though!

59 Days and counting!!!!
Walt Disney World- Here we Come!!!!:sohappy:

disneypearl

I entered every day in February with no luck. It was fun to enter and hope for a disney prize. Maybe they haven't announced the winners yet?

NIU EE

No, I didn't win anything. I was, however, told by a member of the dream team at Epcot that the random winner of the DVC membership turned down the prize. Apparently they thought it was some sort of scam/time share and walked away. Again, I was told by a Dream Team member who happened to like my hat <--- and found out we live close to her home town. She said the prize will be re-entered into the computer system and given away at some point this year....

mickeypal1

No, I didn't win anything. I was, however, told by a member of the dream team at Epcot that the random winner of the DVC membership turned down the prize. Apparently they thought it was some sort of scam/time share and walked away. Again, I was told by a Dream Team member who happened to like my hat <--- and found out we live close to her home town. She said the prize will be re-entered into the computer system and given away at some point this year....

I'll take it....send them my way...:wave:

PeoplemoverTTA

Don't give up hope when entering these contests!

Back in summer 2005, I purchased a salad at McDonalds during the Happiest Celebration on Earth promotion. I wasn't an instant winner, but I could enter a code online to be entered into a grand prize drawing.

Imagine my surprise when a few days before Christmas, several months later, I found out that I was one of the grand prize winners! With one entry!

I was screaming like a maniac and calling everyone I know...of all people to win, a Disney nerd like me :D. I could pick from either WDW or DL for 4 nights and 5 days, and since I had an AP for WDW and it was only 5 days (plus my dad had never been to DL), we decided to go to DL (4 adults). Ironically, I actually went to DL that year for New Year's with my sister, but we still wanted to go back during the 50th again, and especially for my parents (we stayed at DLH....I had already been to GC, and we could have picked from any of the three...I ended up liking DLH best, too).

The funny thing is, I eat at McDonalds maybe once or twice a year. I probably never would have hung onto that code if it wasn't for a Disney trip...yet I somehow remembered and entered that one code.

So, if I could be a grand prize winner, you guys can!! :sohappy:

Nicole220

I entered every day and haven't gotten anything. When do they stop giving out the prizes? Are they done sending out the emails?

disneypearl

Don't give up hope when entering these contests!

Back in summer 2005, I purchased a salad at McDonalds during the Happiest Celebration on Earth promotion. I wasn't an instant winner, but I could enter a code online to be entered into a grand prize drawing.

Imagine my surprise when a few days before Christmas, several months later, I found out that I was one of the grand prize winners! With one entry!

I was screaming like a maniac and calling everyone I know...of all people to win, a Disney nerd like me :D. I could pick from either WDW or DL for 4 nights and 5 days, and since I had an AP for WDW and it was only 5 days (plus my dad had never been to DL), we decided to go to DL (4 adults). Ironically, I actually went to DL that year for New Year's with my sister, but we still wanted to go back during the 50th again, and especially for my parents (we stayed at DLH....I had already been to GC, and we could have picked from any of the three...I ended up liking DLH best, too).

The funny thing is, I eat at McDonalds maybe once or twice a year. I probably never would have hung onto that code if it wasn't for a Disney trip...yet I somehow remembered and entered that one code.

So, if I could be a grand prize winner, you guys can!! :sohappy:

How fun! Glad someone who appreciated it and a Disney fan won! I am sure it was a wonderful trip. I hope McDonald's has another trip giveaway when they have their new happymeals. They are supposed to be having new Disney happymeal toys and would be great if they added on another contest.

Rob562

You can e-mail now? Where have I been???

What's being referred to here was an online contest where you could enter once a day for the month of February. There were giving away 3 or 4 top prizes of a trip to Disneyland. One of those prizes included a one-night stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite.

The contest was separate from the rest of the YOAMD giveaway contest, where you either have to be present in the parks or send it mail-in entries to be chosen.

-Rob

dpunky

I too entered the online contest every day in February and I guess I did not win :(

As for the YOAMD giveaway contest, I actually mail-in an entry every day. I'm hoping that I win something with one of those entries.

Rob562

Emailed and mailed in almost every day for that and YOAMD and haven't heard anything yet for either :(

Depending on when you started mailing in the entries for the YOAMD sweepstakes, there can be quite a lag-time before you start seeing prizes (if you win, of course). Each time the computer chooses a mail-in entry to receive a prize, it's set aside. Then, once a month (about the 20th of the month), they process ALL winning mail-in entries for the previous calendar month. So for each time the computer chose a mail-in entry, they pick a postcard from those receieved on that day. (There's additional rules about how they choose for Sundays and holidays where there isn't mail delivery)
Even after the winners are chosen, there's an additional lag-time before the prizes are actually mailed out (up to 6 weeks, I believe). So if you mailed in postcards in January, and then one of them was chosen as a winner, you may not hear about it until mid-to-late March.

-Rob

Depending on when you started mailing in the entries for the YOAMD sweepstakes, there can be quite a lag-time before you start seeing prizes (if you win, of course). Each time the computer chooses a mail-in entry to receive a prize, it's set aside. Then, once a month (about the 20th of the month), they process ALL winning mail-in entries for the previous calendar month. So for each time the computer chose a mail-in entry, they pick a postcard from those receieved on that day. (There's additional rules about how they choose for Sundays and holidays where there isn't mail delivery)
Even after the winners are chosen, there's an additional lag-time before the prizes are actually mailed out (up to 6 weeks, I believe). So if you mailed in postcards in January, and then one of them was chosen as a winner, you may not hear about it until mid-to-late March.

-Rob

Thanks for the info, i've been wondering what the process is. :wave:

Crazy4WDW1

I entered every day as well. I have not heard anything yet. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

I have enter trip contests daily for Disney and Orlando. I'm always hoping to win a trip!

Speaking of winning trips . . . . I was the grand prize winner in the History Channel's "10 Ways to See America" Contest that ran in 2006. I got to pick a trip to 1 of 10 cities. We settled on San Francisco. It was airfare for two, hotel for 6 nights and seven days and a car rental for a week. My son paid his own airfare and joined us. However . . . he and my sister decided that "since we are this close" we should drive down to Disneyland. Yeah, 5 hours away! It was a great trip!

We have also entered the YOMD contest daily, as well as the weather.com contest. Hope springs eternal! My DH was thrilled with the digiprizes, but missed the 1st five and the last one (#29). If anyone has those downloaded and could send them to us, he'd be forever grateful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom